NEXT US PEN SHOW???

which pen show is considered the biggest one in the world?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Parker51

• langere

• whichwatch

inkstainedruth

I don't know about world-wide, but I think DCSS used to be the biggest one in the US.  I haven't been to that since they switched hotels, because it normally conflicts with the camping week for my other hobby -- but that's been officially been postponed until next year due to continued COVID safety concerns (the woman who was going to be in charge this year was taking cues from another member who is an ER doctor.  And yeah, knowing the doctor, I'll listen to what he says.  

DCSS actually happening was being discussed at last week's Steel City Nibs zoom meeting.  For me that's still going to be a wait and see issue (I'm holding out for maybe getting to the Chicago Pen Show in the fall; and of course the Ohio Pen Show, which is the closest to a being a "local" show for me.  But I'll have to wait and see about DCSS.  I will be fully vaccinated by the middle of May, but I don't know about other circumstances yet.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully, I get the opportunity to visit the DC show in my lifetime since I have a soft spot for vintage American pens.  

Calibrating

Regarding the DC Pen Show.....Is the “Weekend Trader” entry available to anyone and not just those who are involved in trading or selling? I sure hope this show is indeed a go! 

I'm hoping the pandemic will wane enough for the DC pen show to occur. I have a Waterman 92 that is in real need of maintenance.

FLZapped

Looks like we're getting Miami in July!