Pilot - 1970s Catalogue

stan

Going through my files recently and found this Pilot brochure/catalogue from the mid-1970s. Copied some years ago from a forgotten internet source. Shows a few classic models. Enjoy.

Pilot.jpg

Pilot2.jpg

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MYU

• Number99

• stan

• Croma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Hi Stan, thanks for sharing. I noticed what looks like a date written on the first image, 52.10.15 which I think is Oct 15, 1977 (Showa 52).  I also found three pens in my collection from these pages and all have nib stamped 1977.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, CS388 said:

Thanks for sharing.

It's almost a fantasy to think you could walk into a shop and buy a new MYU!

In fact, we have identified two Myu product pages that were sold within two years of each other at a discounted price from this catalog price.

There are still honest dealers in Japan who sell at a discount from the list price without bending their principles, no matter how expensive they know the premium price is.

I want to be a lucky buyer.

Postscript.

Please note that there is another type of counterfeit sales by foreign scam groups posing as Japanese.

Edited by Number99

• 5 months later...

Stan, is there any chance you might be able to provide higher resolution images of these catalog scans? The current ones aren't large enough to see the writing instrument finer details. Thanks! 

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

On 5/2/2023 at 10:53 AM, MYU said:

Stan, is there any chance you might be able to provide higher resolution images of these catalog scans? The current ones aren't large enough to see the writing instrument finer details. Thanks! 

Sorry. That's what I hsve. If you click on thre images and enlarge them there is slightly better detail.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

On 5/5/2023 at 8:13 AM, stan said:

Sorry. That's what I hsve. If you click on thre images and enlarge them there is slightly better detail.

OK, thanks for letting me know!

If I do ever manage to find higher resolution copies, I'll circle back and deposit here.

• 7 months later...
On 5/5/2023 at 8:13 AM, stan said:

Sorry. That's what I hsve. If you click on the images and enlarge them there is slightly better detail.

Stan, do you happen to have image copies of PILOT catalogs from the 1980's? Or, do you know of anyone who might? I have seen on occasion copies floating around various pen/pencil forums, for a few different years like 1988. But so little is available.

1 hour ago, MYU said:

Stan, do you happen to have image copies of PILOT catalogs from the 1980's? Or, do you know of anyone who might? I have seen on occasion copies floating around various pen/pencil forums, for a few different years like 1988. But so little is available.

1984 here: https://ameblo.jp/kamisama-samasama/entry-12481693569.html

Click the left arrow near the top of the page to go to the next parts. 

My pens for sale: https://www.facebook.com/jaiyen.pens  

On 12/19/2023 at 4:19 PM, PithyProlix said:

1984 here: https://ameblo.jp/kamisama-samasama/entry-12481693569.html

Click the left arrow near the top of the page to go to the next parts. 

Thanks! I see the 1984 is broken up into 3 parts there. I don't see a search function to locate any other catalogs...

On 12/23/2023 at 6:46 AM, MYU said:

I don't see a search function to locate any other catalogs...

As explained above.

Scroll left/right after clicking/tapping the catalog image.

Or go through this list one by one.

https://ameblo.jp/kamisama-samasama/theme-10065914024.html

I don't understand this search function either, but it appears that the search window on AMeblo is used to search for bloggers. Thus, it seems that it is the blogger's name that can be thrown in here.

Whenever I try to find results on this blog, I always browse through the articles one at a time.

On 12/23/2023 at 6:46 AM, MYU said:

I don't see a search function to locate any other catalogs...

This is one of the previous narrowed down listings in the Pilot's catalog listing.

It appears to be a system of narrowing down the search to find articles rather than a free word search.

This link was previously cited by @stan and myself in separate threads, and I believe other members have cited it as well.

https://ameblo.jp/kamisama-samasama/themetop.html

It will take some time and effort.