Jacques Herbin 1780 Vert Atlantide

lgsoltek

Vert Atlantide is the latest of the Jacques Herbin 1780 range, featuring for the first time both golden and silver shimmers.

The base colour is a somewhat greyish green (jade?) colour of medium saturation. It has a lot of shading potential and there's also a lovely haloing effect (the darker outline). No sheen is observed. The flow is good. 

While I'm indifferent to shimmering inks, the base colour of this ink is quite enjoyable.

Splash

(photo showing both types of particles)

2011960777_splph.thumb.JPG.ab6e644bab84a2ac686443d5f1791fff.JPG

Sample

(On Maruman looseleaf. Pens: Pilot #10 Music nib and Pilot Elabo Soft Fine.)

(scan)

sam.thumb.png.e6d5c48139623c6411a5ff10558b397f.png

(close-up photos)

2010166148_mscl.thumb.jpg.198b58a2d6c6deb3f50033d65c083d16.jpg

1246166984_sfcl.thumb.jpg.f0e7f3b30a4f0ac6151e04051bf4ca02.jpg

(with various inks on Tomoe River paper)

tr.thumb.png.ba48e8da014e940686dc1875e1af9b4b.png

(With Pilot Elabo Soft Fine nib flipped and on a nameless Chinese paper not unlike Tomoe River)

(Scan)

1488756776_bigsc.thumb.png.8c34067bf52ae5a191a2f7b98c313102.png

(Photos)

555206168_Bigph.thumb.jpg.fbb6bc587c44c25aeb5430819258ea8d.jpg

1543351060_bigphcl.thumb.jpg.a57c74af3d2ba9b48f4beda6477707f1.jpg

Comparison

(Maruman looseleaf)

com.thumb.png.7e0016c10dd729204e9f10ab46959ab6.png

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• Detman101

• mizgeorge

• Geslina

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! "Jade" is the thought which first popped into my mind, too, although "Fern" might do the trick as well, where less blue comes through. Too bad I don't have daily access anymore to the high-tech centrifuges in the lab.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Vert Atlantide is one of the only shimmering inks I'll give pen-space to. I love the colour, and the shimmer is subtle but still very much there. 

I'm very impressed from the sample at how good it looks in a less broad nib (I tend to use it in a stub). I might have to try it in something a bit finer.

Thank you :)

Oh my... what a lovely green. Looks gorgeous in the abstract piece on the Midori paper. I would get this asap without any hesitation if it wasn’t for the glitter. 

Hint for ink manufacturers: not everybody likes glitter particles in their ink. Make it an option - i.e. sell the ink bottle with the base colour, and add a small packet with the glitter particles to be poured into the bottle as an option. Probably works just as well, and you could certainly widen your target public. Just makes sense commercially, so why don’t you ?

8 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

Oh my... what a lovely green. Looks gorgeous in the abstract piece on the Midori paper. I would get this asap without any hesitation if it wasn’t for the glitter. 

Hint for ink manufacturers: not everybody likes glitter particles in their ink. Make it an option - i.e. sell the ink bottle with the base colour, and add a small packet with the glitter particles to be poured into the bottle as an option. Probably works just as well, and you could certainly widen your target public. Just makes sense commercially, so why don’t you ?

+1

It's not that far from MB Jungle, but different enough that I'd definitely want it in a non-shimmer version if I could get it. 

16 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

Yes, it's the only thing putting me off pressing the button.  

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

45 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

+40

• I.e. I'd buy it if it weren't for the shimmer.
  • Maybe somebody should send this theme to Liverpool, too....

I love muted blue greens. This one is a winner :)

@namrehsnoom it could be a hassle but you can simply filter the shimmers with coffee filter or let it settle down and fill your pen from the top :)

3 minutes ago, Aysedasi said:

Hmmm, does it filter that easily? 

I don't know.  I won't bother to do it... but I read it's done :)

3 minutes ago, Aysedasi said:

A bit of a gamble just to buy a bottle to try filtering it.  There must be other similar inks, I guess....

I guess many others :)

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

I love muted blue greens. This one is a winner :)

@namrehsnoom it could be a hassle but you can simply filter the shimmers with coffee filter or let it settle down and fill your pen from the top :)

The particles do settle quite easily, so I suppose it won’t be too difficult to fill from the top without disturbing the sediments.

Thanks for the review, lgsoltek.  I keep forgetting to try my sample of this, but that's partly because I only have a few pens with broad and wet enough nibs to do shimmer inks justice.

I'm surprised that you said you weren't getting any sheen -- because on the enlargements of the word "VERT" I'm definitely seeing some red sheen in the "V" (and maybe even a little in the close-up of the word "chasing").

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

57 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Thanks for the review, lgsoltek.  I keep forgetting to try my sample of this, but that's partly because I only have a few pens with broad and wet enough nibs to do shimmer inks justice.

I'm surprised that you said you weren't getting any sheen -- because on the enlargements of the word "VERT" I'm definitely seeing some red sheen in the "V" (and maybe even a little in the close-up of the word "chasing").

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

i think that is more of the dark halo than sheen. It kinda have some light reflection but still looks quite dark and doesn’t really “sheen” to me.

The sparkles look pretty but the color doesn't do anything for me.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Glitter and sparkles are not my cup of tea. I would pay more to have an ink without them.

I have decanted the two latest Kyo no oto Kyoto inks: sound green glaze and ruer color with a syringe. Done once and for all.

The Herbin looks a lot like green glaze. A bit greyer than jungle green. My kind of green, i guess.

I have a pending order since september for this Herbin.:wallbash:

1 hour ago, chromantic said:

The sparkles look pretty but the color doesn't do anything for me.

Hmm, fer me, it's exactly the other way around.