• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bunnspecial

• corniche

• TheRedBeard

• inkstainedruth

6 hours ago, bunnspecial said:

and the 1L bottles of Pelikan probably come close to Noodler's prices if not a bit less). 

I bought a 1L bottle of Pelikan Royal Blue for less than CAD$70 (delivered, from Amazon Canada). 90ml bottles of Noodler's run CAD$19 (plus tax, 15% here in Quebec). The Pelikan ink is much less expensive. And I really like its color.

1 hour ago, pgomme said:

I bought a 1L bottle of Pelikan Royal Blue for less than CAD$70 (delivered, from Amazon Canada). 90ml bottles of Noodler's run CAD$19 (plus tax, 15% here in Quebec). The Pelikan ink is much less expensive. And I really like its color.

Hi Pgomme,

That ink has another neat quality, (depending on how you look at it); it is correctable, using a PaperMate correction pen, (see Amazon, again).

- Sean  :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Or more appropriately, the Pelikan - Super Pirat Ink Eradicator for Royal Blue - Broad - Pack of 2

Porat.jpeg.ca9b34de0ec67f03a5bbde3c5371e723.jpeg

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

54 minutes ago, OCArt said:

Or more appropriately, the Pelikan - Super Pirat Ink Eradicator for Royal Blue - Broad - Pack of 2

Exactly. If you can find them; the last time I searched Amazon for those around 6 months ago; they weren't available and I had to opt for the PM version- which, unfortunately, has a very fine tip.

The good news, I just checked and the Super Pirat's are available again. I'll be glad when this pandemic is over and the supply chains are back to normal.

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

1 hour ago, MoriartyR said:

Quink green was the ugliest ink in the world, as I recall.

Everyone has its own opinion...

I found Quink Green very good green, real green without any blue shades, and I liked it.

All the best is only beginning now...

33 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

Everyone has its own opinion...

I found Quink Green very good green, real green without any blue shades, and I liked it.

I found Parker Emerald Green (Penman Line) a great green...second choice Parker Superchrome Jade Green..Old Parker Quink Green Ink is not bad...

Regards.

Don't you guys know only radicals use green ink! :o

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/green-ink_brigade

- Sean  :D ;)

23 hours ago, baz666 said:

A snip from the 2021 Parker trade catalogue.

Parker Ink 2021.jpg

OHO. Isn't that interesting. Does that mean we're on the verge of yet another Quink revamp? The color selection there does look a lot like Waterman, doesn't it. 

What I notice is that there is an entry named Parker Black ORIGINAL. I wonder just how original... will they bring back Solv-X? :D

13 minutes ago, corniche said:

As far as I remember, Jerome K. Jerome in one of his novels about British theatre mentioned a few stereotypes used in dramas that days including one that main villain had to use green inks :)

18 minutes ago, corniche said:

To be fair: nowadays I use black inks in 100% of my writing, but once I find green I like I will break that boring statistics :)

21 hours ago, corniche said:

Hi Pgomme,

That ink has another neat quality, (depending on how you look at it); it is correctable, using a PaperMate correction pen, (see Amazon, again).

Remind me never to write a cheque (check for our American cousins) using Pelikan Royal Blue 😉

6 minutes ago, pgomme said:

Remind me never to write a cheque (check for our American cousins) using Pelikan Royal Blue 😉

Checks for me are always done in permanent ink. I wrote one today with vintage Quink Permanent Blue, but generally will use something like an iron gall ink or a pigment ink like MB Permanent Blue. I've probably written more checks in Montblanc Midnight Blue(iron gall) and Pelikan Blue-Black than I have most any other ink.

20 hours ago, OCArt said:

Hi OCArt, Everyone, 

I was able to find one of my old, half-dead Super Pirat's in a drawer and you can see the difference in the tip size here:

20210308_192526.jpg?width=1920&height=10

For someone who loves broads and stubs; the Paper Mate pens have been rough. :o

I'm tempted to get some new Super Pirat's now that they're back - even though I have a dozen of the PM's. :(

- Sean  :D

8 hours ago, TheRedBeard said:

As far as I remember, Jerome K. Jerome in one of his novels about British theatre mentioned a few stereotypes used in dramas that days including one that main villain had to use green inks :)

8 hours ago, Mr.Rene said:

🤣 😂 The Literature Nobel Winner  Pablo Neruda was  communist  😱 😱  and he loved to write in Green Inks...several manuscripts show that...

NerudaManuscris.jpg

Hi Red, Mr. Rene, 

Don't let it spook you; I'm very fond of Diamine Marine and Sherwood - and I'm as sane and even-tempered as anybody I know.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, pgomme said:

I'll do that. :D

1 hour ago, bunnspecial said:

Checks for me are always done in permanent ink. I wrote one today with vintage Quink Permanent Blue, but generally will use something like an iron gall ink or a pigment ink like MB Permanent Blue. I've probably written more checks in Montblanc Midnight Blue(iron gall) and Pelikan Blue-Black than I have most any other ink.

Hi Bunn,

I hate to tell you this, but Quink Permanent Blue is also erasable. I can demonstrate this for you, if you need proof. :)

The "Washable" / "Permanent" designations on Quink blue refer to contact with clothes, not paper, (although I haven't tested any vintage Quink formulas).

Now MB Permanent Blue - that IS permanent! 👍

It may interest others to know that the following blues are erasable:

- Sheaffer Blue

- MB Royal Blue

- Waterman Serenity Blue

- Quink Washable & Permanent Blue

- Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue

- And there are a couple more, but their not coming to mind. 

10 minutes ago, corniche said:

I hate to tell you this, but Quink Permanent Blue is also erasable. I can demonstrate this for you, if you need proof. :)

Dang it! Hopefully I can trust the water company to not alter it.

As for your handy list of erasable blues-looking at the common theme there, I'd guess probably any ink that can be termed a "washable" blue would likely also be erasable. Lamy Blue would likely be a safe addition to your list.

Right now, the 149 in my pocket is full of Iroshizoku Asa Gao, which on some paper to my eye looks to have a similar hue to Penman Sapphire, but not as saturated(albeit on other paper it's more of a dark standard blue along the lines of MB Royal Blue). Without testing its water resistance, I have no hope of it. Private Reserve American Blue is another in this general color/saturation range, and like a lot of PR inks I've used it's in the "don't breathe on it" category. The standard version also takes forever and a day to dry.

44 minutes ago, bunnspecial said:

Dang it! Hopefully I can trust the water company to not alter it.

As for your handy list of erasable blues-looking at the common theme there, I'd guess probably any ink that can be termed a "washable" blue would likely also be erasable. Lamy Blue would likely be a safe addition to your list.

Right now, the 149 in my pocket is full of Iroshizoku Asa Gao, which on some paper to my eye looks to have a similar hue to Penman Sapphire, but not as saturated(albeit on other paper it's more of a dark standard blue along the lines of MB Royal Blue). Without testing its water resistance, I have no hope of it. Private Reserve American Blue is another in this general color/saturation range, and like a lot of PR inks I've used it's in the "don't breathe on it" category. The standard version also takes forever and a day to dry.

Yes. Lamy Blue is one of the ones that slipped my mind.

Actually, PR American Blue and the Asa Gao are NOT erasable with one of those pens.

Btw, the 149 & Asa Gao sounds like a great combination.  👍