Hello from Serbia

marko14

First ,hello to everyone,  I am Marko from Serbia.My uncle gave me set of MB,that belonged to my grandfather, and I have no clue what is pen insignia and age,so can you help me?There is fountain pen and mechanical pencil in set.Mark on FP is 14C 585,and on mechanical ?IX 275

Cheers,and thank you for reading

20210305_184207.jpg

20210305_184230.jpg

20210305_184350.jpg

20210305_184405.jpg

20210305_184534.jpg

20210305_184647.jpg

20210305_184152.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marko14

• niksch

• Mr.Rene

• meiers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

Not sure on the model number of your pen, you may want to post in the MontBlanc subforum where more experts hang out.  Again Welcome!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hi..Is there a number on Cap´s band?

Notice the nib is not original one, it is a replace and it comes from other brand...

Regards

23 minutes ago, PAKMAN said:

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!

Not sure on the model number of your pen, you may want to post in the MontBlanc subforum where more experts hang out.  Again Welcome!

Thank you,cheers

8 minutes ago, marko14 said:

There is number 264 on cap band

This number is the Model Number of your pen...Photo attached from Jürgen Kuhse´s web site...it is your pen in correct condition. Your pen was made around 1957´s years Regards.

MB264.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mr.Rene said:

This number is the Model Number of your pen...Photo attached from Jürgen Kuhse´s web site...it is your pen in correct condition. Your pen was made around 1957´s years Regards.

MB264.jpg

Thank you🤙🏻

3 hours ago, meiers said:

Welcome Marko. Lovely pen. Does it write?

Thank you,I haven't bought ink,will do,I hope it will write🤞🏻🤙🏻

On 3/5/2021 at 11:31 AM, Mr.Rene said:

Marko's pen has a Reform nib, so it's not is exactly correct condition.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

45 minutes ago, niksch said:

To be honest,it has great sentimental value, grandpa probably changed it for some resaon i don't have intention to replace the nib.

Hypothetically speaking is it hard to find original nib and what would be the price?I have sand email to Montblanc and waiting for answer. 

Cheers 🤙🏻

Edited by marko14

I respect your desire to keep your grandfather's pen as you have it now. 

WRT to a replacement nib.  MB264 nibs are distinctive.  My usual advice would be to monitor eBay for MB sales for a broken pen with a #4 nib you need.  But MB264 nibs are distinctive, so good luck.  That's probably why this pen has a Reform nib.  Nothing wrong with them, BTW. 

And for the record.  My grandfather was a schoolteacher.  I have the octagonal Ingraham Regulator clock from his one-room school house, and all of his fountain pens.  I collect fountain pens because of him.

Thank a Veteran.

1 hour ago, niksch said:

It appears Rene meant that the pen in his photo is what Marko's pen would look like IF it were in correct condition (original nib.) Another difference is that Marko's pen does not have the hourglass-shaped section; perhaps that means Marko's pen is a slightly later version?

25 minutes ago, niksch said:

I respect your desire to keep your grandfather's pen as you have it now. 

WRT to a replacement nib.  MB264 nibs are distinctive.  My usual advice would be to monitor eBay for MB sales for a broken pen with a #4 nib you need.  But MB264 nibs are distinctive, so good luck.  That's probably why this pen has a Reform nib.  Nothing wrong with them, BTW. 

And for the record.  My grandfather was a schoolteacher.  I have the octagonal Ingraham Regulator clock from his one-room school house, and all of his fountain pens.  I collect fountain pens because of him.

Thank you for advice about eBay,🤙🏻

12 minutes ago, BlueJ said:

It appears Rene meant that the pen in his photo is what Marko's pen would look like IF it were in correct condition (original nib.) Another difference is that Marko's pen does not have the hourglass-shaped section; perhaps that means Marko's pen is a slightly later version?

Grandpa made Frankenstein FP😂

BlueJ, You are correct Sir!.  With explanation...

It's an excellent observation about the sections.  A great observation actually.  And I think this is another example of transition of our MB pen models over time.

I suspect the difference of the Marko14s pen with the one in Rene/Juergen's photo is of the time of production.  This can be attributed to earlier 1950s or later 1950s production periods.  Two of my 264s and the example in "Collectible Stars" are straight section FPs, but the difference is that they have an extra narrow cap ring, as does the pen of the OP.  The pen in Juergen's photo does not have this narrow cap ring.  I happen to have another MB264, with a concave section as that is similar to the one in Mr Rene's posts and Juergen's photo, without the narrow cap ring.

If Marko's pen had a correct MB nib it would be in the correct condition.   The nib for the 264, either concave or straight section is pretty specific. 

I can't pin down a feed to a section, or a nib to a feed, however.  My 264 pens have the same nib, but regardless of the cap style, have round-grooved or ski-slope feeds.

Thank a Veteran.

7 hours ago, BlueJ said:

Yes that it is..in my first post I mentioned WRONG NIB...the Jürgen's photo is to show the correct nib and pen condition because Marko no idea about it.

Regards.

On 3/6/2021 at 1:48 AM, marko14 said:

It's alive🤙🏻🥳

20210306_083928.jpg

Fantastic. Thanks for the writing sample. Now you have to start writing love notes to the people near and dear to you.