Problems with the MV Adaptor - ink flow

BinaEliora

Hi,

I recently bought a Cobalt Blue Estie and an MV Adaptor (comes with a special converter) so I can use my old nibs. The whole thing fits nicely. I inked the pen (Iroshizuku Asa-gao) and it was great until the nib stopped writing. At first I didn't think much of it since the pen was sitting around without the cap for a while. I pushed some ink into the feed (turning converter piston) and it worked again. Just having the pen sitting nib down for a while, even on a paper towel, does not help. Ink has to actively be pushed into the feed. 

It seems there is no ink flow to the feed. When the pen stops writing the nib is dry to the touch, like I just took it out of the desk drawer (no ink on my finger). It took about 4-6 A5 pages for the ink to be used up. I have two nibs (9788 and 2442) and the same happened with both. The nibs look good and the tiny opening for the ink looks the same on both, clean. If I remove the converter and fill the section with water, it goes through without a problem. It looks like that the converter doesn't like to let go of the ink. I did tap it to make sure the ink is not sticking to the end. I think one time it did but I'm not sure about it.

I can't imagine that this is normal. Is there something I can do to improve things?

Thanks 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BinaEliora

• JakobS

• gweimer1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I flushed them with water prior to using them. One had some ink residue (spots on the paper towel), the other was NOS. Both seemed clean after flushing. 

I think it’s a converter issue and not a nib issue. If it’s the completely transparent converter with the white piston head, these are pretty awful quality converters. A regular international converter may not fit length wise or on the section nipple, but worth a try. Small international cartridges should fit, and you would have to syringe fill them for bottle ink.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA