Friend of the Vacumatic

GoldenArrow

Greetings Everyone,

As you might gather from my nick and the title of this post, I consider the Paker Vacumatic the ultimate pen (especially first and second gen.).

I got into fountain pens seriously around 1985 and for the last 10-12 years have taken an interest in Vintage pens. When I came across my first Vacumatic (a green third gen. Canadian) I knew I had "come home". I now own representative examples of all generations, including a "Vacuum Filler" pre Vacumatic. What I consider missing is a Golden Arrow and a Star Clip, although I found the latter hard to find in original condition. A Golden Arrow I have yet to see.

Besides pens I like leather accessories and special inks of all kind, and, of course, nice paper of all sorts, especially notebooks and calenders, currently using a Hobonichi with Arts&Science leather cover and a yellow GvFC Guilloche filled with Herbin Ambre de Birmanie living inside it.

Anyhow, happy to be here and looking forward to interesting exchanges.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• GoldenArrow

• Wahl

• northstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!! Love those Vacs! Do you have one of these?

04186545457878MVC-012F.jpg.fea3b59ea1bfa953b06d75b8f311bb06.jpg041856454878778MVC-014F.jpg.b285c2662739c63fd900d11649c07fc7.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I know, right!  Yet!

They are soo addictive!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Greetings from Pittsburgh! :W2FPN:

After getting a couple of Parker 51s, I wrote to Tony Fischier, the guy at Parkercollector.com (my first source for all things Parker) with some questions, and after answering them, Tony said "And now you'll start looking at Vacumatics" and I said "Naah, don't like that Art Deco styling...."  And then someone in my local pen club brought in an Azure Blue Pearl Maxima one night.... and it was ALL OVER.  I now have almost as many Vacs as 51s, I think -- including two different Azure Blues a 3rd Generation Sub-Debutante and a 2nd Generation Speedline filler in what I think is a Slender (because once I found out that color wasn't ONLY a 3rd Gen color I knew I had to have one...).  Although my favorite one is probably the Red Shadow Wave lockdown one: ran that pen for over three years without any sort of flushing, nib flossing anything -- just filled it with Waterman Mysterious Blue when it got low....  I do need to do a little work on the the cap jewel threading on the blind cap, and really should flush it out (It's probably "most sincerely dead" at this point :blush:).  But it it's such a beatiful pen (I'm a sucker for the Shadow Waves).

Of course Tony Fischier is probably laughing himself sick for being such an enabler.... 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."