Jump to content

Looking for help to Id what ever this is

Recommended Posts


This "pen" is made out of wood and sort of is like a dip pen It has a fountain pen like cap and barrel and a dip pen like mount to hold the nib.




"Nib" is a solid piece of metal, no slots, feeds just a solid piece of metal. To be honest i'm not sure if this is a writing instrument to begin with.

I have tried to dip and write with this and it seems to work. Im no sure if this is a writing tool or some other item (i.e carving tool)




I have no idea what this really is. Its basically an ebay purchase without really knowing what it was :(. any help is greatly appreciated.



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • shalitha33


  • Ed125


  • pearlfox


  • MYU


Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Shalitha that is an interesting find! I would venture a guess that it is indeed a writing or marking instrument, broadly, a stylograph. It was probably made for a specific surface, or, for multiple carbon copies. A fountain pen will not produce enough pressure while writing for carbon copies or irregular surfaced material

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a reamer to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I didn't have the heart to tell her why.
And there wasn't a part of me that didn't want to say goodbye.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...