The state of BayState Blue

SeeksAdvice

There is a lasting tribute to this ink inside of an enameled steel desk drawer in our office from when a bottle leaked.  May not be permanent/archival on paper, but ye gods on anything else. 

I bought a bottle if the stuff before I was better versed in pens/inks as an archival ink.  Let's just say that the place I bought it from wasn't exactly honest about it's on-paper or in pen qualities.  I later found out that it ain't exactly archival.

I should have kept the feed section from a Waterman Phileas I had as a lasting tribute to its destructive properties. 

I can get superior durability with superior performance from Sailor/Platinum pigmented inks and DeA's document inks.  I can get better durability and slightly better performance out of the R&K Dokumentus inks.  Really want to be able to say the same about the MB Permanent inks, but can't. 

Bottom line: now days you couldn't pay me to use Bay State Blue, or any Noodler's ink for that matter.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkandseeds

• Inky.Fingers

• lapis

• LizEF

Top Posters In This Topic