TWSBI Classic: Broad nibs or only stubs?

MTHALL720

MTHALL720

I  was thinking about getting a Classic but wanted a Broad nib. Several years ago I got one that way IIRC.  Right now I see my usual retailers are showing no Broad nibs.  It goes from M nibs straight to stub.  Are Broad nibs not available any more or is everyone just out of them?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MTHALL720

• Honeybadgers

• inkstainedruth

• corniche

Honeybadgers

Goulet's stock on the classic makes me think that they're just out of stock. You could email goulet and get a real answer too.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

MTHALL720

Thanks I appreciate that.  I have looked at several retailers and have noticed this on a couple of other pens too.  Was starting to think it was some kind of new trend since I see so many pens not showing a broad nib.  

If I  could find a smooth fairly wet Medium I would be okay but in the past I tend to gravitate to Broads. 

I wish the 580 or the Vac 700R came in a solid color. 

inkstainedruth

I don't know about the Classic, but my 580-AL has a broad nib.  It could just be the case of supply chain issues, what with the pandemic.  A lot of US retailers are OOS of various overseas brands/colors of ink at the moment, too.  

And I've noticed that the price of shipping from places like the UK and Germany for  has skyrocketed in recent months.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 2/23/2021 at 12:26 PM, MTHALL720 said:

I  was thinking about getting a Classic but wanted a Broad nib. Several years ago I got one that way IIRC.  Right now I see my usual retailers are showing no Broad nibs.  It goes from M nibs straight to stub.  Are Broad nibs not available any more or is everyone just out of them?

Hello MTHALL,

JetPens has the broad nibbed Classic in all 4 colors, (as of me typing this), but you better shake a leg - it's "last call" for black.  :o

https://www.jetpens.com/TWSBI-Classic-Fountain-Pens/ct/4072

Sometimes, Google is your friend. :D

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Honeybadgers
19 hours ago, corniche said:

Hello MTHALL,

JetPens has the broad nibbed Classic in all 4 colors, (as of me typing this), but you better shake a leg - it's "last call" for black.  :o

https://www.jetpens.com/TWSBI-Classic-Fountain-Pens/ct/4072

Sometimes, Google is your friend. :D

- Sean :)

I'd just buy it from TWSBI's website, where it's in stock.

I'd honestly rather chew off my own leg than buy form jetpens again.

Repugnant customer service.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)