Anyone else mess around with shimmers?

scripturess

scripturess

I've added some very fine mica to my pilot ink cartidges and they turned out very well. They're very easy to see in my Pilot Parallels.

I used a different kind of mica in the red ink that had larger particles- it made it not so much a shimmer but gave an occasional sparkle which I still thought was nice.

The bottom ink I decided to use Noodler's black in a China cheapie with a different kind of gold but also a smaller amount.

I'm excited to try more! I think I might add some more to the red and the Noodler's.

all.thumb.JPG.374a383ad0e1f1f5705aabac51e3b009.JPGinks.thumb.JPG.4d749a6dc22a6805ffd1992fa7f905cd.JPG

top2.JPG

top1.JPG

middle.JPG

bottom.JPG

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scripturess

• Sailor Kenshin

• A Smug Dill

• txomsy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Smug Dill
50 minutes ago, scripturess said:

I've added some very fine mica to my pilot ink cartidges and they turned out very well.

https://www.pennonia.eu/pennonia/shimmer-powders-at-pennonia-make-your-own-shimmering-ink/

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

scripturess
1 hour ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

I used to formulate mine with eye shadow.  🤣

That's a great idea- I wonder if there's holographic eyeshadow or something!
How'd it work out for you?

1 hour ago, txomsy said:

Cool!

It's a lot of fun!

scripturess
1 minute ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

My Dollar Tree eyeshadow worked out exactly as well as the expensive artist pigment I later bought.  

Lol that's amazing. I'm definitely going to do some testing!

• 1 month later...
mail_snail

I have been wondering about DIY shimmer for some time, as I have an indecent amount of Jacquard Pearl-Ex powder. What kind of mica powder did you use, exactly, @scripturess? And do you remember how much you added to a certain amount of ink?

💌✍️ I LOVE snail mail! 📬 🐌

Drop me a PM if you'd like a random postcard/mail :)