Family Portrait

Anaxyrus

Soon to be incomplete as I have another incoming, but as of now this is my Estie family. All are J models except the coppery copper is an LJ.

IMG_0854.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anaxyrus

• crescentfiller

• gweimer1

• Estycollector

Beautiful family!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

2 hours ago, Estycollector said:

While beautful, I ionly prefer grey and back,,,,,sorry:)

Very austere. The one I have incoming is gray.

3 minutes ago, Anaxyrus said:

Very austere. The one I have incoming is gray.

The greys vary broadly. They love to shine if polished. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

48 minutes ago, Estycollector said:

The greys vary broadly. They love to shine if polished. 

My existing gray (second from right in the pic) has an obvious green tint, which is attractive but not want I wanted in a gray. That's why I'm getting another one, which the seller confirmed is definitely a neutral gray. 

I don't see the green, and I think both the blue and the gray are beautiful. Your blue appears o be a transitional. I, too, have an LJ copper, and feel it is to slim. The black is certainly worth getting, and the green too, to fulfill the full house plus the Joker.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

35 minutes ago, corgicoupe said:

I don't see the green, and I think both the blue and the gray are beautiful. Your blue appears o be a transitional. I, too, have an LJ copper, and feel it is to slim. The black is certainly worth getting, and the green too, to fulfill the full house plus the Joker.

I haven't used the LJ yet and am afraid it will be too slim as I have pretty big hands. It's just soo purdy. :)

For some reason the green ones don't appeal to me, at least nowhere close to how the red and blue grab me.

You're right, the green doesn't show in that pic, but in life it never seems to look as gray as it does there. This shot is more similar to what it usually looks like. The background is a neutral gray card and the pic was calibrated from a raw file, so this is as accurate a color render as I can produce. Still, I think the gray background causes the green to show more than it does on the white background, even though they were both calibrated.spacer.png

All the Esterbrook colors vary pretty widely.   I agree that the green is generally pretty blah, but when they hit either end of the spectrum, both the really light ones (almost a Sage) and really dark ones look good.  I had a green one once that was literally an olive green, as if the plastics had been mixed together during production.
When you find a really dark red or blue, they are really gorgeous.

3 minutes ago, gweimer1 said:

All the Esterbrook colors vary pretty widely.   I agree that the green is generally pretty blah, but when they hit either end of the spectrum, both the really light ones (almost a Sage) and really dark ones look good.  I had a green one once that was literally an olive green, as if the plastics had been mixed together during production.
When you find a really dark red or blue, they are really gorgeous.

I only have photos for comparison, but I think my red and blue are reasonably dark. In any case they are definitely stunning IMO.

The blue looks pretty dark.  You'll know the red I mentioned when you see it.   I call it blood red, just an incredibly dark rich red.

My camera always has a problem capturing the Turquoise pens.  They always appear to be more blue than they really are.  Green isn't far behind, as my camera seems to make them more grayish.

OK. Here's a Family Portrait. They just seem to pile up somehow. (And I think there's another box of them stashed somewhere....)

Family or not, it's high time they move out of the house and find new homes of their own!

DSCN1894.thumb.jpeg.47065a7b96833538245b274fb05824ec.jpeg

Do they all have different nibs? 🤓

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

4 hours ago, crescentfiller said:

OK. Here's a Family Portrait. They just seem to pile up somehow. (And I think there's another box of them stashed somewhere....)

Family or not, it's high time they move out of the house and find new homes of their own!

Nice family.  I would be glad to take them into my Estie orphanage.

9 hours ago, crescentfiller said:

Holy cow! I thought I was starting to get out of control, but wow! I'd love to browse the variation in colors.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:23 PM, corgicoupe said:

Do they all have different nibs? 🤓

Well, I don't know that every one of them is different, but there is certainly a wide variety!

21 hours ago, Anaxyrus said:

Holy cow! I thought I was starting to get out of control, but wow! I'd love to browse the variation in colors.

Well, the reds are a bit bright in the photo, but the other colors are pretty accurate, including the greens and blues.