Jump to content

Family Portrait



Recommended Posts

Soon to be incomplete as I have another incoming, but as of now this is my Estie family. All are J models except the coppery copper is an LJ.

 

 

IMG_0854.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Anaxyrus

    6

  • gweimer1

    3

  • crescentfiller

    3

  • Estycollector

    2

Beautiful family!

 

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

                                                 My Favorite Pen Restorer                                 My Favorite Brick and Mortar Store

                                                                                                                                Vanness Pens - Now selling Online!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Estycollector

While beautful, I ionly prefer grey and back,,,,,sorry:)

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Estycollector said:

While beautful, I ionly prefer grey and back,,,,,sorry:)

 

Very austere. The one I have incoming is gray.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Estycollector
3 minutes ago, Anaxyrus said:

 

Very austere. The one I have incoming is gray.

The greys vary broadly. They love to shine if polished. 

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Estycollector said:

The greys vary broadly. They love to shine if polished. 

My existing gray (second from right in the pic) has an obvious green tint, which is attractive but not want I wanted in a gray. That's why I'm getting another one, which the seller confirmed is definitely a neutral gray. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
corgicoupe

I don't see the green, and I think both the blue and the gray are beautiful. Your blue appears o be a transitional. I, too, have an LJ copper, and feel it is to slim. The black is certainly worth getting, and the green too, to fulfill the full house plus the Joker.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, corgicoupe said:

I don't see the green, and I think both the blue and the gray are beautiful. Your blue appears o be a transitional. I, too, have an LJ copper, and feel it is to slim. The black is certainly worth getting, and the green too, to fulfill the full house plus the Joker.

I haven't used the LJ yet and am afraid it will be too slim as I have pretty big hands. It's just soo purdy. :)

 

For some reason the green ones don't appeal to me, at least nowhere close to how the red and blue grab me.

 

You're right, the green doesn't show in that pic, but in life it never seems to look as gray as it does there. This shot is more similar to what it usually looks like. The background is a neutral gray card and the pic was calibrated from a raw file, so this is as accurate a color render as I can produce. Still, I think the gray background causes the green to show more than it does on the white background, even though they were both calibrated.spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Esterbrook colors vary pretty widely.   I agree that the green is generally pretty blah, but when they hit either end of the spectrum, both the really light ones (almost a Sage) and really dark ones look good.  I had a green one once that was literally an olive green, as if the plastics had been mixed together during production.
When you find a really dark red or blue, they are really gorgeous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gweimer1 said:

All the Esterbrook colors vary pretty widely.   I agree that the green is generally pretty blah, but when they hit either end of the spectrum, both the really light ones (almost a Sage) and really dark ones look good.  I had a green one once that was literally an olive green, as if the plastics had been mixed together during production.
When you find a really dark red or blue, they are really gorgeous.

I only have photos for comparison, but I think my red and blue are reasonably dark. In any case they are definitely stunning IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The blue looks pretty dark.  You'll know the red I mentioned when you see it.   I call it blood red, just an incredibly dark rich red.

 

My camera always has a problem capturing the Turquoise pens.  They always appear to be more blue than they really are.  Green isn't far behind, as my camera seems to make them more grayish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
crescentfiller

OK. Here's a Family Portrait. They just seem to pile up somehow. (And I think there's another box of them stashed somewhere....)

 

Family or not, it's high time they move out of the house and find new homes of their own!

 

 

DSCN1894.thumb.jpeg.47065a7b96833538245b274fb05824ec.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
corgicoupe

Do they all have different nibs? 🤓

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crescentfiller said:

OK. Here's a Family Portrait. They just seem to pile up somehow. (And I think there's another box of them stashed somewhere....)

 

Family or not, it's high time they move out of the house and find new homes of their own!

 

 

DSCN1894.thumb.jpeg.47065a7b96833538245b274fb05824ec.jpeg

 

 

Nice family.  I would be glad to take them into my Estie orphanage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, crescentfiller said:

OK. Here's a Family Portrait. They just seem to pile up somehow. (And I think there's another box of them stashed somewhere....)

 

Family or not, it's high time they move out of the house and find new homes of their own!

 

 

DSCN1894.thumb.jpeg.47065a7b96833538245b274fb05824ec.jpeg

 

Holy cow! I thought I was starting to get out of control, but wow! I'd love to browse the variation in colors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
crescentfiller
On 2/26/2021 at 7:23 PM, corgicoupe said:

Do they all have different nibs? 🤓

 

 

Well, I don't know that every one of them is different, but there is certainly a wide variety!

Link to post
Share on other sites
crescentfiller
21 hours ago, Anaxyrus said:

Holy cow! I thought I was starting to get out of control, but wow! I'd love to browse the variation in colors.

 

 

Well, the reds are a bit bright in the photo, but the other colors are pretty accurate, including the greens and blues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...