Jump to content
Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Leonardo Momento Zero Grande - Golden Rule.


pomperopero
 Share

Recommended Posts

I would like to introduce you my last Leonardo fountain pen: The Leonardo Momento Zero Grande Golden Rule. This a collaboration with J.Brooks, who made this beatiful resin, where bronze and red are mixed to create a fusion of warm colors. Limited edition to only 70 pieces worldwide.

 

The first time I saw this pen I fall in love due to the red parts among the bronze style resin. After seeing the feed, made out of red ebonite... that was the end of my piggy bank. I got it at "Fontana Penna" in Spain.

Now that it has arrived to me, I have been deeply impressed by it and I could not be more happier. That cap, with so much red on it, makes this pen unique to my eyes.  I have to admit it was definitely a great purchase.

 
Thanks to Leonardo & Carolina pen company for making this beautiful fountain pen.
 
B24056-BB-E518-4778-9-EC7-00-A447-A85-F8-B.jpg
 
9-BCFE5-A0-7-DEC-4-FA4-AD35-3-CE558-DB94-F7.jpg
 
1955-F97-D-D4-C6-462-A-AC5-B-EA8904-D90-FC5.jpg
 
2-E69-B3-EF-E472-4-B0-B-A3-D9-01-CFD95-CE58-E.jpg
 
C7-D3-D95-E-69-AC-4419-83-A1-A3-EBA06592-E4.jpg
 
510-E4-C0-F-0-EC9-46-A5-9-DB1-91-EDFD7290-B3.jpg
 
55773-DCA-CCAF-4-C93-AB44-6-D6-C048-B3661.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • clear1

    1

  • pomperopero

    5

  • como

    2

  • MoriartyR

    1

Top Posters In This Topic

@pomperoperoCongratulations on your new Leonardo MZG Golden Rule! The material is so nice. It reminds me of a certain celluloid that Omas used in their vintage pens during the 1930s (black and bronze celluloid), but more fresh and modern because of the addition of red. Nice little detail of the red ebonite feed too! May I ask which wrench did you use to open the piston unit please? Is it proprietary or compatible with any current pen models of other makers? It's great to see that this is a true piston.👍 Thank you for sharing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is serendipity too that the end of the piston knob has an area of red, which balances the red on the cap. I didn’t realise that this material had red in it, as this wasn’t noticeable for me in the marketing photos. I think you were lucky with yours.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is a beautiful pen and I'm trying very hard not to be too jealous 😊

 

I thought I'd ordered one of the first release Primary Manipulation 4 MZGs but alas, it was not to be.  If I'd thought the colours in the Golden Rule would be as gorgeous as they are in yours, I might have chosen that one instead.  

 

Enjoy your new pen.  Now I need to decide whether to try again for one of the second batch models!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, como said:

@pomperoperoCongratulations on your new Leonardo MZG Golden Rule! The material is so nice. It reminds me of a certain celluloid that Omas used in their vintage pens during the 1930s (black and bronze celluloid), but more fresh and modern because of the addition of red. Nice little detail of the red ebonite feed too! May I ask which wrench did you use to open the piston unit please? Is it proprietary or compatible with any current pen models of other makers? It's great to see that this is a true piston.👍 Thank you for sharing!

 

Thanks for you kind words. I agree with you, the resin is nice. 

I used a wrench to open vintage Montblanc pistons. The same one opens Auroras mechanism as well.

 

Hope you will find this information useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MoriartyR said:

It is serendipity too that the end of the piston knob has an area of red, which balances the red on the cap. I didn’t realise that this material had red in it, as this wasn’t noticeable for me in the marketing photos. I think you were lucky with yours.

 

 

I feel so. I believe this is an unique pen. This rare patern makes it unique.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very neat pen.  The only thing that makes me hesitate with the PM's is the uniqueness of the material and you don't know what you'll get until you see it.  Glad you got one you like!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, mauckcg said:

Very neat pen.  The only thing that makes me hesitate with the PM's is the uniqueness of the material and you don't know what you'll get until you see it.  Glad you got one you like!

 

That's the risk on these pens. Afortunatelly I was lucky this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share








×
×
  • Create New...