I got my JinHao 200 yesterday

Gomer

After a wait of just 10 days, my JinHao 200 arrived from China yesterday.

spacer.png

I bought it mainly for the pretty acrylic.  But, it turns out it is very comfortable to use.  I would have preferred a plastic grip, but the metal one feels fine.

The nib is the same as my JinHao 51A, and like it, also needed work.  It was slightly misaligned and dry.  It is marked with an F and is supposedly a .5mm.

The cap is very thin walled where it threads on to the barrel.  I'll be careful not to over tighten it.  It posts nicely.  It was $10.36 with free shipping on Ebay.  I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gomer

• PHHPHD

• Gideoninpen

I saw an ad for three finishes so bought all three.  If I'm luck, they will arrive next week.  Glad to here that the metal section is OK, I was worried about that.   I'll be interested in what work you end up doing to the nib.  I've not played with nibs much so would probably just make things worse. 

2 hours ago, PHHPHD said:

I saw an ad for three finishes so bought all three.  If I'm luck, they will arrive next week.  Glad to here that the metal section is OK, I was worried about that.   I'll be interested in what work you end up doing to the nib.  I've not played with nibs much so would probably just make things worse. 

I actually ended up applying a single wrap of 3/4 inch black electrical tape to the grip.

spacer.png

The chrome wasn't bad, but I like the feel of the tape better.  And, I think it looks alright.  I won't try to tell you how to tweak the nib because I wouldn't want you to mess it up by doing what I do.  There are better instructions available.  I'll just say I used my fingers and some shims.  I really like the pen.  Hopefully, yours will work well right out of the package.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my pens and all three are beautiful.   My wife immediately appropriated the red/pink one.   It has Diamine Oxblood in it and appears to write well.  So far I'm convinced this is a real deal for slightly over $10 US.  I'll say more when I get additional experience with the pen. Patrick

I've been using diamine Oxblood in one of these and it writes quite well.  I really enjoy this pen and at the price it is hard to beat. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've got to say. I never really care for the look of most resin pens. I'm kinda a simple guy and a lot of pens are too loud for me. This one however is in a very sweet spot. Great looking pen! enjoy it!