Colorverse Proxima B

bokaba

Colorverse Proxima B

Flow: moderate

Feathering/bleeding: very little

Saturation: moderate

Color: nice standard blue black; similar in color to Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Water Resistance: low

Notes: really nice color, not what you usually see even for inks named "Blue Black."

Colorverse Proxima B.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bokaba

• mizgeorge

• A Smug Dill

• Dimy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love colorverse inks, but I'm always a bit baffled by the packaging (why have two bottles of the same ink?) and this makes them just too expensive. If they'd just do all of them in a 15ml version, I'd have a lot more!

2 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

I love colorverse inks, but I'm always a bit baffled by the packaging (why have two bottles of the same ink?) and this makes them just too expensive. If they'd just do all of them in a 15ml version, I'd have a lot more!

Yes, very strange packing. 

4 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

If they'd just do all of them in a 15ml version, I'd have a lot more!

It seems Colorverse has responded to the consumer sentiments, which have been seen expressed here and there, that some hobbyists want to acquire the inks individually and not locked into dissimilar sets of two or more, not two bottles (65ml+15ml) of the same ink in a single retail package, and not 80ml at once when they just want to try different colours out.

A 5ml retail bottle eliminates the brand's reliance on retailers to offer samples in their respective (regional) markets, and gives the individual customer much more confidence and control in getting just the ‘right’ volume of ink straight from the manufacturer without increased risk of contamination, excessive exposure to air, etc. due a larger retail bottle of ink being used repeatedly to portion out samples on demand (and not all at once) until depleted.

This screenshot below was taken from La Couronne du Comte's listing for the retail product.

large.961550017_LCdCproductlistingforColorverseinkin5mlbottles.jpg.6e477c00917aa88652a2a1931db732c1.jpg

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Excellent! Still very overpriced, but a lot less expensive if you don't like the colour :)

Now if someone in the UK would just stock them...

5 ml bottle????? What are they thinking? For a sample size that's fine, but as the bottle size for the line, that's crazy in the other direction.

I still don't know why not just extend them all to 15ml versions, given that they already make those bottles.

1 hour ago, Dimy said:

the price of colorverse on other hand

It isn't so bad on a per ml basis when you're buying the (65ml+15ml=)80ml retail package, compared to 50ml bottles of Sailor Manyo or nano-pigment inks, let alone Sailor Shikiori or Ink Studio inks that are only available in 20ml bottles.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

It isn't so bad on a per ml basis when you're buying the (65ml+15ml=)80ml retail package, compared to 50ml bottles of Sailor Manyo or nano-pigment inks, let alone Sailor Shikiori or Ink Studio inks that are only available in 20ml bottles.

Well you are comparing a reputable Japanese brand to a generally unknown non-Japanese/non-German brand. It's ok to command a premium price for a premium brand... but Colorverse? New brands should be humble and stop anchoring to price points they do not belong to.

1 hour ago, A Smug Dill said:

Point was well taken...it still was funny for me still smug, could be that its regional price in India but I did a quick math for price locally available for these inks.

First I agree shikiori and studio are over priced....really over priced. Here they are costing 940 Rs per 20ml..approx Rs 47/ml

Colorverse came at Rs 3675 for 80ml while 65ml bottles are at 2900 approx. Thats roughly Rs 47/ml.....thats a big ouch considering I get iros and manyo at 28 to 38 Rs per ml respectively. Now for simple colour dye base ink that really is all I will pay. Thus me saying about the price. Its odd though the nano pigment inks of sailor (personal favorites these ones) are at Rs 1900 per 50ml so Rs 38/ml...still justified for fact that they will last..well forever really.

Now no hate here, I personally like the colorverse inks colour and will gladly pay a premium for extra features (like permanent nature, which is my favourite and sailor and platinum still hold crown for that) but sadly these inks get lost to me when I think there is nothing really different and I can get the colour somewhere if I looked.....the charm gets lost on me sadly.

On side note its same reason I don't feel charm in limited edition...I mean come on give the poor man a chance here😆

Apothecarian persnickety imho.

Average ink consumption is 1ct/page. (A5 tomoe, rhodia, Fine dry 3776 to broad wet 823, 0,04 to 0,12ml p/p ± 25 lines 4 meters, tested myself boringly over and over about 2 years ago). Of course i didn't mesure atmospheric pressure, room temperature, ambiant humidity, wrist pressure, and so on. Neither evaporation from bottle, washed out ink from rinsing. But results were kind of constant. 50ml=800 A5 pages.

Good paper is more expensive though. ;)