• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• raivtash

• OCArt

• Helen350

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just saw that eBay seller czxwyst has the Jinhao 100's with the arrow clip as in there photo above.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

9 hours ago, raivtash said:

new to my collection...)

2B052C88-B477-4795-98AA-DDAF84C80FBA.jpeg

60C6C05C-7C5F-44EB-8704-CC5DBB472EF5.jpeg

Beautiful set , congratulations.

Do they come with the medium (18Kgp embossed) or the new fine (F embossed) nib?

Just checked ebay. Some centennial have a Parker-esque imprint on the barrel, others don't. This a new model? 

19 hours ago, raivtash said:

Just got my koi as well. Just curious how did you attach the omas nib. Omas nib is shorter than #6. It is always very loose on my jinhao 100.

It took the chance actually, I just pulled out nib and feed, and put the Omas in with same feed, it stays put by friction, despite being shorter.

It's always a hit or miss with different nibs, minor difference in width of nib, feed and collar can influence greatly.

I was probably lucky this time...

9 hours ago, Jorge said:

Beautiful set , congratulations.

Do they come with the medium (18Kgp embossed) or the new fine (F embossed) nib?

Two with the newer nib, the koi with older 18kgp nib. 

7 hours ago, sciumbasci said:

Just checked ebay. Some centennial have a Parker-esque imprint on the barrel, others don't. This a new model? 

Three of mine have imprints: the black, the yellow and the red. The black and yellow are "limited edition" I found on taobao. The red is a regular issue. 

4 hours ago, sansenri said:

It took the chance actually, I just pulled out nib and feed, and put the Omas in with same feed, it stays put by friction, despite being shorter.

It's always a hit or miss with different nibs, minor difference in width of nib, feed and collar can influence greatly.

I was probably lucky this time...

Thanks, I will just keep trying. 

If you are looking for another nib holder for an Omas nib you can also try the Gama Eyas.

It's an Indian eyedropper pen, the nib fits really well with the ebonite feed and works a treat. (excuse the OT)

large.1720141971_P1180766-3GamaEyaswithOmas18knib.jpg.78b34aa13c4f67d840b4337c958693ca.jpg

Now I'm tempted to purchase the pink Centennial with the arrow clip.  Far too many

Centennials 🤔:

2021-03-27_15-40-17.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if the imprints go hand in hand with the arrow clips? I ordered a white one off eBay so I'll eventually find out.

5 hours ago, raivtash said:

Three of mine have imprints: the black, the yellow and the red. The black and yellow are "limited edition" I found on taobao. The red is a regular issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Ivory Jinhao 100 in the mail yesterday. Very pretty with light striations that mimic real ivory. Arrow clip but no barrel imprint.

1007067542_Jinhao100BW.jpg.8a835922ba1901db57e2a6314969d83e.jpg

16 hours ago, OCArt said:

Got the Ivory Jinhao 100 in the mail yesterday. Very pretty with light striations that mimic real ivory. Arrow clip but no barrel imprint.

1007067542_Jinhao100BW.jpg.8a835922ba1901db57e2a6314969d83e.jpg

Did your two pens mate and produce these offspring? 😁

• 4 months later...

The Centennial has truly captured my attention.  My collection of them seems

to grow.  Now own  9 of them, which includes one of the checkerboard models.

WIN_20210812_18_17_05_Pro.jpg

On 3/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, raivtash said:

new to my collection...)

2B052C88-B477-4795-98AA-DDAF84C80FBA.jpeg

If you don't mind my asking, is that last blue pen a Kaigelu 316A with an arrow clip? I've never seen one in that style before.

• 2 months later...

Great seeing everyones Jinhao Centennials! Yes, I've fallen into the rabbit hole and have ordered, I think, every single Jinhao 100 they make. I even found on ebay a discontinued centennial model in yellow swirl, very pretty. The centennial style suits me to a T. It's comfortable, very attractive, and affordable. I'm currently waiting on 10 more pens. Can't wait to ink them up with corresponding colors for each pen. I have other Jinhao pens, several  x450's, x750's and one black 159, a Hero, a Fuliwen, several Sheaffers, and a couple unbranded Chinese pens. I have been lucky for all of my pens to write smooth right out of the package and haven't found the need to swap nibs. If I ever run into that problem, then I'll look into swapping them out.

Hello everyone 👋     I'm a newbie to Chinese pens but ohmyword, what fun!

So far just Jinhao (a 9056 and two 100s so far) with a Moonman600 in transit.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the models and nib-swap options!  Varying degrees of success in the past replacing nibs has left me a little hesitant.

I LOVE the M nib on the last 100 I got! Cannot believe it to be honest, thinking a LOT about how I felt first time I wrote with Italix pens.

Not crazy about the F, felt too toothy for me. I did a little smoothing on .3m paper and it's somewhat better, of course paper surface dependent.

The jury is still out on the Tigerwood 9056 M, I'm playing with inks on this one but what a pretty package.

The main question though: can I get nib units for the J100s or do I need to pull the nib & feed asunder?

Thanks so much, cheers from Ireland.

2 hours ago, Laurie J. said:

Great seeing everyones Jinhao Centennials! Yes, I've fallen into the rabbit hole and have ordered, I think, every single Jinhao 100 they make. 

It's a very easy one to fall into!! I am feeling the drag myself and I'm with you on these J100's. How I wish i'd found them before the 4 Duragraphs ... 😆

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered my latest Jinhao 100.  Color is brown, which is an unusual color for a Chinese pen.  They

also now have the 100 in a very dark blue and burgundy colors.  Looking forward to adding the burgundy

red one to my collection

Image 41 - Jinhao 100 Brown Resin Fountain Pen Gold Trim EF/ F/ M/ Bent Nib Office Pen Gift