Moonman M800 - which converter fits?

CupTea

Hello,

I recently purchased a Moonman M800 with Moonman nib and feed. It came with a converter. As I like to have spare converters for my pens around, I wonder which converter fits. Moonman converters do not seem to be available for purchase anywhere. Standard international does not fit. The included converter looks similar to Lamy, but I tried a Lamy converter and it does not fit either.

Does anybody know?

Thanks!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A Smug Dill

• HartGummi

• Aysedasi

• CupTea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there even a Moonman M800 model?

I know of the Moonman 800, which is the Leonardo Momento Zero lookalike. Which type of converter fits in a particular unit of that model depends on with which make of nib the pen was ordered/fitted. If it has a Bock nib, then it just uses a standard 2.4mm-bore converter; and if it has a Moonman nib, then it just uses the most common, quasi-standard 2.6mm-bore converter for Chinese pens. You don't need to use a Moonman-branded converter in either case.

A Lamy converter is neither 2.4mm-bore nor 2.6mm-bore.

If you actually have a M800, which I have never come across, and not just made a mistake in the identification of the model, then I'm afraid I can't help you, other than to say the above still applies: if it has a Moonman nib, then use a 2.6mm-bore converter.

There are some Moonman models that are fitted with Schmidt nibs, and they use 2.4mm-bore converters.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

The Moonman I purchased was advertised as M800, but I have also seen it referenced as just "800", it appears to be the same pen (the Leonardo "inspired" one).

Thank you for the information about the 2.6mm bore converters, I will try one and see if it works.

1 hour ago, HartGummi said:

I think you missed the point completely.

Just as there is no such pen model as the Pilot Metropolitan — only the Pilot MR Metropolitan, including in the US, according to Pilot Corporation of America — irrespective of whether some (well-known!) retailers still list those pens as the Pilot Metropolitan, as far as I'm aware there is no Moonman M800, even though I've seen sellers list the pen as such. I can speak to what converters the Moonman 800 model uses, and I have both the Moonman-nib variant and Bock-nib variant; but if anyone wants information about the Moonman M800, I'm afraid they'll have to ask the sellers who list the pens as such.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

To keep it short and not so long winded,based on many listings and reviews I have come across the difference is the nib.  Moonman m800  comes with the Bock nib. The Moonman 800 comes with stock Moonman housing and nib.

I doubt it.

Most eBay sellers offer it as "Moonman M800" and in the offer you may choose whether to order one with the Bock nib or Moonman nib (link). 

There are also some offers for "Moonman 800" with the same thing (link). 

5 hours ago, HartGummi said:

Try looking more closely at the marketing images sourced from the product manufacturer/promoter in that very ad.

2017557003_eBayadforMoonmanM800whichisamisnomer.jpg.2eea55de6b09ae43e06ae07d89145461.jpg

(Note the Bock nib on it)

spacer.png

The seller is obviously wrong. You have a choice whether to be wrong too, especially now that you've been told in such a blunt and direct manner what is the correct model designation.

Jeez.  This pedantic nonsense started, quite legitimately with the OP referring to an M800.  In the pictured ad it is described as an M800.  So the seller is wrong.  The OP was wrong to have innocently relied on the seller's description.   Let's all rejoice in the blunt and direct approach......   

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

36 minutes ago, Aysedasi said:

The OP was wrong to have innocently relied on the seller's description.

In case you missed the main event, I gave all the relevant information pertaining to the Moonman 800. All anyone need do to make use of it is to reconcile themselves with the fact that what they thought was the M800 model, having been misled by sellers, is in fact model 800. They don't even need to make any admission to anyone that they were wrong in the first place.

However, some people other than the O.P. seems to want to argue in defence of the sellers' inaccurate references to fountain pen models. That's fine, we can argue, as bluntly and confrontationally as they want.

7 minutes ago, HartGummi said:

Look at this:

Made of celluloid?! In spite of that claim, you're happy to rely on the information conveyed by the text in that image? OK…

6 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

However, some people other than the O.P. seems to want to argue in defence of the sellers' inaccurate references to fountain pen models.

I was hoping you would have a declaration from the manufacturer. The 800 and M800 often pass for the same thing.

It maybe a pattern (or not) that the Bock tipped pen goes with an "M" in its name.

6 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

In spite of that claim, you're happy to rely on the information conveyed by the text in that image? OK

The same pen often gets sold with an M in its name, that is the point. I am sure you know that but pedantry is more important, I guess.

Everyone understood exactly which pen, nib aside, the OP has in his hands. 

57 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

In case you missed the main event, I gave all the relevant information pertaining to the Moonman 800. All anyone need do to make use of it is to reconcile themselves with the fact that what they thought was the M800 model, having been misled by sellers, is in fact model 800. They don't even need to make any admission to anyone that they were wrong in the first place.

However, some people other than the O.P. seems to want to argue in defence of the sellers' inaccurate references to fountain pen models. That's fine, we can argue, as bluntly and confrontationally as they want.

Made of celluloid?! In spite of that claim, you're happy to rely on the information conveyed by the text in that image? OK…

I didn't miss the main event.  I read it and understood it fine thank you.  The only respondent in this thread who has been blunt and confrontational is the one I'm replying too.  

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......