My homemade fountain desk pen stand

softstuff

Hello!
This is my first post here.

I love writing with long-barrel fountain pens, so in 2018 I bought some cheap modern desk pens.
These were Platinum, Sailor and Pilot desk pens. All these pens come with original caps.

91RHpVi.jpg

WSln5eu.jpg

But to make it convenient to write with these pens, it became necessary to make a stand for them.
So in the same year I made a simple acrylic stand for five desk pens.

First of all, I made such holders for each pen.

1DVwTAL.jpg

jrpMJSb.jpg

As a result, I got such a product.

DHeBlkW.jpg

EuYBF1c.jpg

So it was placed on my desk.

s0UQx5M.jpg

After 2 years, I decided to make a new stand for the same pens.

First of all, I redesigned the pen holders.

eIwKD5E.jpg

a8HgpwH.jpg

I recently managed to finish assembling this stand. In the end, I got this thing.

acVjZCm.jpg

27o6Qaq.jpg

j4jtTB8.jpg

avxi0OA.jpg

lZUbdeI.jpg

And now the stand has taken its place on my desk.

SL8ZY2F.jpg

Each pen holder has little movement.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• softstuff

• txomsy

• Frank C

• mizgeorge

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How very clever :)

I have to admit, whilst I appreciate the ingenuity of v2, I love the sheer Meccano-esque nuttiness of the first one!

Very cool! Great work!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

3 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

How very clever :)

I have to admit, whilst I appreciate the ingenuity of v2, I love the sheer Meccano-esque nuttiness of the first one!

Me too. Great work. Love the obvious passion.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

4 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

This can be fun. At first glance, the first version looks like a complex product, but it is very easy to manufacture, but the second version of the stand has a very simple shape, but rather difficult to manufacture. Despite this, the second version of the stand turned out to be more functional and more practical in use.

Edited by softstuff

The second version of the stand allows you to slightly change the appearance of the product by replacing removable parts. For example like this.spacer.png

spacer.png

I also want to make a new front panel with a pattern.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Made a new "skin" for my pen stand.
Also now colored caps on pens holders represent the color of ink in each pen.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Truly amazing. You left me speechless.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

Well, both the first and the latest (in all its incarnations) are really original and (in their own way)  very stylish. I like the ability to change covers and colors, and the design. It's really an impressive piece of art.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

5 minutes ago, txomsy said:

It's really an impressive piece of art.

Thanks for the kind words.

I am not a professional painter, not a designer, and I do not know how to draw beautifully, therefore the pattern on the details is mainly determined by the shape of the product and the technology of its manufacture.

This modular stand design is just a consequence of the limited choice of materials and methods of their processing.
But this result of my work also satisfies me.

I know I'm just echoing what others have said...but these are beautiful, inventive, smart, fun!

3 hours ago, gcliburn said:

I know I'm just echoing what others have said...

Thank you for your comment. I am really very pleased.
It's funny, but when I see an interesting post, I also find it difficult to write a comment.