Jump to content

MB Agatha Christie & Imperial Dragon



Recommended Posts

At the risk of incurring wrath from Pen Nut (just teasing), I would like to ask about potential values of both the MB Imperial Dragon and the Agatha Christie WE/LEs.  My usual source is rather wanting tonight.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

 

Thank a Veteran.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • FredRydr

    2

  • Uncial

    2

  • como

    2

  • niksch

    1

Top Posters In This Topic

At the last pen show I was able to attend, the Washington/Baltimore International last year, the vendor was seeking $1,800 for an Agatha in the box.  I have no idea if it sold by the end of the show.  Two or three years before, the same vendor was unwilling to pay me $1,000 wholesale for one, without box.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about the Imperial Dragon, but the prices on the Agatha do seem to be rising steadily. In the last couple of years pricing seemed all over the place with as much as €2.500 being asked and €3.500 for the goldy one with different eyes. Asking isn't the same as getting though. It would seem now that getting an Agatha for anything less than €1000 would be considered a steal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FredRydr said:

At the last pen show I was able to attend, the Washington/Baltimore International last year, the vendor was seeking $1,800 for an Agatha in the box.  I have no idea if it sold by the end of the show.  Two or three years before, the same vendor was unwilling to pay me $1,000 wholesale for one, without box.  

😀They have to make their money somehow. Selling pens to dealers is probably a depressive deed🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, como said:

😀They have to make their money somehow. Selling pens to dealers is probably a depressive deed🙂

Oh, it was a vendor to vendor trade and cash transaction, had it happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FredRydr said:

Oh, it was a vendor to vendor trade and cash transaction, had it happened.

I see. I used to think Agatha Christie could be had for $1,200 but apparently this is very out-dated price now 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 4:59 AM, niksch said:

At the risk of incurring wrath from Pen Nut (just teasing), I would like to ask about potential values of both the MB Imperial Dragon and the Agatha Christie WE/LEs.  My usual source is rather wanting tonight.

$500 for the pair.......you do the postage !  😃

Money may not make you happy but I would rather cry in a Rolls-Royce

 

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements







×
×
  • Create New...