Please, help: Parker 75 Sterling Silver Cisele: fake or used barrel??

TheRedBeard

75 nibs are the easiest nibs to swap, but yes,

7 minutes ago, TheRedBeard said:

One clue to prove it is from 66-68s years is that the nib is marked 66 (which corresponds to Medium), while later 75s had M mark instead - at least, the ones I had a chance to examine myself.

There are later French nibs with number codes and 75 nibs are the easiest nibs of all to swap, but yes, flat tassies + US 14k thin stem 66 nib does indeed suggest late sixties production.  

There are some other features that could help date it, but as with MB 149s, Parker updated parts as supplies ran out so that there are no clear boundary lines.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheRedBeard

• zeroduke

• gyasko

• Ron Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TheRedBeard
33 minutes ago, gyasko said:

75 nibs are the easiest nibs to swap, but yes,

There are later French nibs with number codes and 75 nibs are the easiest nibs of all to swap, but yes, flat tassies + US 14k thin stem 66 nib does indeed suggest late sixties production.  

There are some other features that could help date it, but as with MB 149s, Parker updated parts as supplies ran out so that there are no clear boundary lines.

Thanks, useful to know.

However, regarding this particular pen those pieces of information I have got (Made in USA, flat tassies, 66 mark on the nib) and new plausible evidences that there was no nib swap and the pen was purchased in 1965 or 66 give me comfortable feelings that this P75 is genuine one dated either 1965 or 1966.

All the best is only beginning now...