Jump to content

Missing items on Montblanc website (UK)



jethrobrink

Recommended Posts

jethrobrink

Hi all,

 

Does anyone have insight to the current situation on the UK Miontblanc website? Quite a few regular production models are not visible, and those that are do not have a full selection of nibs. E.g. the regular 149 is only available in F and M. I was looking to purchase a gold trim 146 with an OM nib, and it is nowhere to be found!

 

Is this potentially Brexit related, or is there a wider production/supply issue at the montblanc factory due to COVID.

 

Thanks in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Kalessin

    2

  • niksch

    2

  • jethrobrink

    1

  • Dione

    1

On Montblanc .com (in GBP) the 149 seems to be available as F, M or B. You might need to ask them by email.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Karmachanic
1 hour ago, jethrobrink said:

I was looking to purchase a gold trim 146 with an OM nib, and it is nowhere to be found!

 

Ask a boutique to order one for you, or use the nib exchange progamme

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cyrille81

Yes since some time, on the website you only have a limited choice for the nib on all the models and if you want to have another one you need to use the nib exchange program after. You can try to call the concierge service to check if they can order you the pen directly with the nib you want or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Montblanc's websites seem really badly managed. I don't know if it's a stock updating thing but it seems so random at times. Their notebooks seem to appear, disappear and the reappear in very strange ways. Ink releases seem available for months in some countries while others have to wait and the same has happened with some pens. I think the Irish version still has no Petit Prince Planets 146 at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been noticing for a few years now that the Montblanc official websites are not what they should be for the brand image they wish to project.  The look and feel is at least eight years if not a decade out of date.

 

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

 

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kalessin said:

I've been noticing for a few years now that the Montblanc official websites are not what they should be for the brand image they wish to project.  The look and feel is at least eight years if not a decade out of date.

 

Why and how do you feel like this?

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

 

Thank a Veteran.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking at the official Montblanc USA website.  If I compare it to, say, the Omega or Rolex watch website, which are similarly positioned luxury goods, the watch companies have a great deal more graphic depth, more flow and less clicking around, more feel for the product and what makes it distinctive, more of a customer experience that makes the product (and brand/branding) special.

 

For an example, I go online and I want to buy ink and some refills.  As with the model of razor handles and razor blades, I'll guess that refills are a significant profit margin.  The ink page jumbles up cartridges, standard line ink, limited edition inks, and Elixir inks.  There are no descriptions or color swatches, no links to the special or limited edition pens for the limited inks, no descriptions of the colors, it seems like the team responsible for the website expects the customer to know what they want before they order it -- and for a luxury brand, in my opinion, that's falling a bit short.

 

The product pages -- the store where customers might spend their money -- are quite drab, everything and every page and photo uses the same background and layout, and except for the products themselves in the photos, everything is black, white and gray.

 

When looking at writing instruments, the entire Heritage collection shown is four ballpoints.  The 149 platinum is shown, but inexplicably, the 149 with gold trim, standard in the line for seven decades and surely not out of stock, is not shown.  It looks to be the same way with missing products from the other standard lines and the special or limited lines in many of the product pages. 


 

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

 

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent response Kalessin.  Thank you.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

 

Thank a Veteran.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
omarcenaro
On 1/27/2021 at 11:26 PM, Kalessin said:

I'm looking at the official Montblanc USA website.  If I compare it to, say, the Omega or Rolex watch website, which are similarly positioned luxury goods, the watch companies have a great deal more graphic depth, more flow and less clicking around, more feel for the product and what makes it distinctive, more of a customer experience that makes the product (and brand/branding) special.

 

For an example, I go online and I want to buy ink and some refills.  As with the model of razor handles and razor blades, I'll guess that refills are a significant profit margin.  The ink page jumbles up cartridges, standard line ink, limited edition inks, and Elixir inks.  There are no descriptions or color swatches, no links to the special or limited edition pens for the limited inks, no descriptions of the colors, it seems like the team responsible for the website expects the customer to know what they want before they order it -- and for a luxury brand, in my opinion, that's falling a bit short.

 

The product pages -- the store where customers might spend their money -- are quite drab, everything and every page and photo uses the same background and layout, and except for the products themselves in the photos, everything is black, white and gray.

 

When looking at writing instruments, the entire Heritage collection shown is four ballpoints.  The 149 platinum is shown, but inexplicably, the 149 with gold trim, standard in the line for seven decades and surely not out of stock, is not shown.  It looks to be the same way with missing products from the other standard lines and the special or limited lines in many of the product pages. 


 

You are so right!  I was on the USA website earlier today (before I read this post) and could not find the gold trim 149 or any Classique fountain pens. They have the Classique ink pens but in platinum only. I really thought something was wrong with the page or that I had somehow gone to a non USA site. Then I thought I was searching in the wrong area so clicked around but nowhere to be found. Left me scratching my head but now I read this is normal. I was checking the Classique because I was sending in my Classique (144) to have the gold ring replaced and have something engraved on the cap. I was trying to see what it would look like by using the personalization option on the webpage. Very odd way to run their webpage.

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...