Jump to content

EFNIR: Kobe #28 Lily of the Valley Green



Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, yazeh said:

With all the travel restrictions, ordering ink from overseas, makes all pen/ink shopping temptations much more easier :(;)

I ordered some samples for Europe.... I'm still waiting for them to arrives, and that was early January 

Good point.  Winter is a complete deterrent for me - I tried it once, never again! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • LizEF

    14

  • Aysedasi

    5

  • Detman101

    4

  • mizgeorge

    3

Detman101
19 hours ago, Aysedasi said:

 

For me, the search ended at another Kobe ink, Minatogawa Lime......   :)

Ooooh...that's VERY floral...plant-like!
But more flat than I'm looking for...reminds me of a darker P.I. Shin-Ryoku.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Ooooh...that's VERY floral...plant-like!
But more flat than I'm looking for...reminds me of a darker P.I. Shin-Ryoku.

 

 

It's beautiful.  Not flat at all.  Very vibrant and with a glorious sheen.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
mizgeorge
1 hour ago, Detman101 said:

Ooooh...that's VERY floral...plant-like!
But more flat than I'm looking for...reminds me of a darker P.I. Shin-Ryoku.

 

 

It's so unflat it's almost mountainous! Loads of shade and sheen and fantastic colour range - it's one of my favourite mid-greens. 

 

It's a completely different colour family to Shin Ryoku, which looks almost teal next to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Detman101
22 hours ago, Aysedasi said:

 

It's beautiful.  Not flat at all.  Very vibrant and with a glorious sheen.....

 

21 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

 

It's so unflat it's almost mountainous! Loads of shade and sheen and fantastic colour range - it's one of my favourite mid-greens. 

 

It's a completely different colour family to Shin Ryoku, which looks almost teal next to it.


Well, you guys went and did it...
Now I have to add this one to the list to try too...lol.
See what you've done...another ink the wife is going to shake her head and suck her teeth about.
For shame!
🤣

P.S. 💓 you guys ROCK!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, mizgeorge said:

 

It's so unflat it's almost mountainous!

 

The ink does not interest me, but I love "It's so unflat it's almost mountainous."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Horses for courses, I guess.  It's not an ink I use all the time, but I do ink a pen up with it when I want to feel the pleasure of using a really vibrant (and mountainous!) green.  It is one of the few bottles of ink that I've actually finished and replaced in the last couple of years.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Detman101
2 hours ago, Aysedasi said:

Horses for courses, I guess.  It's not an ink I use all the time, but I do ink a pen up with it when I want to feel the pleasure of using a really vibrant (and mountainous!) green.  It is one of the few bottles of ink that I've actually finished and replaced in the last couple of years.  

Oh wooooooow....that says a LOT right there!
I've only ever come close to finishing off my bottles of Pilot Iroshizuku - Shin Ryoku and Tsukushi.
But that's mainly because I test every pen build with them...they're reliable and always work.
If they don't work in a pen, I know the pen has a problem. 😛
Like my most recent build...the feed and housing in that pen are trash.
I know it...because the pilot inks don't flow reliably.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review.

 

Looks nice green colour ink and properties are big plus here. Might consider it when hunting green.

 

As for name....well lets say its quite nice for me, at least it is green when it says green.........never imagined I would say this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dimy said:

Thanks for the review.

You're very welcome!

 

And yes, aptly named. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...