Jump to content

EFNIR: Kobe #28 Lily of the Valley Green



Recommended Posts

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Kobe #28 Lily of the Valley Green


This is review #73 in my series.  Here's the YouTube video:


Post-recording notes: The color is a bit more yellow than the zoom photo shows.  (Not sure what's up with the screenshot, but best to look at the swatches in the video or the zoom for color.)  Cleaning was fast and easy.


And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.KobeLilyoftheValleyGreen.jpg.02aef27569c4273671cefa684d197456.jpg


Zoomed in photo:
large.KobeLilyoftheValleyGreenZ.jpg.c8f21441e0f3f9fe871f1107b01b69ec.jpg


Screenshots also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap


Previous Review: Callifolio Bonne Esperance.


Want to influence the inky sequence?  Take the "next ink" poll.


Hope you enjoy.  Comments appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • LizEF

    14

  • Aysedasi

    5

  • Detman101

    4

  • mizgeorge

    3

inkstainedruth

That's a nice looking color -- just the sort of green that really floats my boat.  Of course, I already have a bunch of greens that are similar to this.  But might go on the shopping list anyway, at least as a sample; I've been playing with a different Kobe ink (#70 Rokku Forest Blue) and while I haven't made up my mind about the color, the ink seems to be very well behaved.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Of course, I already have a bunch of greens that are similar to this.

Story of my life. :D

39 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

Kobe ink (#70 Rokku Forest Blue)

Oh my.  That's nice.  Sigh.  So many inks, so little time.

40 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

the ink seems to be very well behaved

Yes, I think this is a Kobe / Sailor thing. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great review Liz!

I wonder if Makhabesh was smoking something... :D

Ink companies come with weird names.... this one is one the many few :D

 

 

spacer.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yazeh said:

Great review Liz!

I wonder if Makhabesh was smoking something... :D

Ink companies come with weird names.... this one is one the many few :D

[pic]

Thanks!

 

Makhabesh was not smoking anything. ;)

 

I do think this ink is pretty well named - it really does look rather leafy - sort of like the leaf left and above center, with a little bit of light coming through it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
mizgeorge

I think it's beautiful! I'm trying so hard not to love rather a lot of the Kobe inks...

 

Thank you for another excellent review. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

I think it's beautiful! I'm trying so hard not to love rather a lot of the Kobe inks...

 

Thank you for another excellent review. 

:)  You're very welcome!  And yes, the Kobe inks could be a rather expensive addiction...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LizEF said:

:)  You're very welcome!  And yes, the Kobe inks could be a rather expensive addiction...

 

Indeed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ENewton said:

 

Indeed.

Considering the recovery program already, are we? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Detman101

Beautiful green!
And even more lovely review!
Just another that I have to try out...the search for the perfect green continues!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Beautiful green!
And even more lovely review!
Just another that I have to try out...the search for the perfect green continues!!

:) Thank you. I hope you find that green. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
mizgeorge
1 hour ago, Detman101 said:

Beautiful green!
And even more lovely review!
Just another that I have to try out...the search for the perfect green continues!!

I reckon at this stage that I have at least 12 perfect greens, and still I covet more :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

I reckon at this stage that I have at least 12 perfect greens, and still I covet more :)

:) You're not alone! It's a disease. Fortunately, it's an enjoyable one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Thanks for another cool review.  I have Maiko, and on the screen, Lily looks similar.  But it's probably not.  😝

They are very similar. Maiko is darker, Lily a little more yellow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
namrehsnoom

Really nice green... I like it a lot. This is exactly the type of green that always manages to seduce me. But I’m going to be strong, and skip this one. Too many inks in the to-try stash... I’ll simply enjoy this one here on the forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, namrehsnoom said:

Really nice green... I like it a lot. This is exactly the type of green that always manages to seduce me. But I’m going to be strong, and skip this one. Too many inks in the to-try stash... I’ll simply enjoy this one here on the forum.

Best wishes to you and your exercise in inky discipline! ;)  You might want to stay away from Vanness's site for a while...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, Detman101 said:

Beautiful green!
And even more lovely review!
Just another that I have to try out...the search for the perfect green continues!!

 

For me, the search ended at another Kobe ink, Minatogawa Lime......   :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Best wishes to you and your exercise in inky discipline! ;)  You might want to stay away from Vanness's site for a while...

With all the travel restrictions, ordering ink from overseas, makes all pen/ink shopping temptations much more easier :(;)

I ordered some samples for Europe.... I'm still waiting for them to arrives, and that was early January 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Aysedasi said:

 

For me, the search ended at another Kobe ink, Minatogawa Lime......   :)

Another nice one! :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...