President Biden Executive Order pens

max dog

From what I can tell, these look like Cross Century II Roller Balls.  You can see the iconic conical top, and the Century II cap band. 

Way to go Cross!!! 

As with many previous Presidents, Cross pens are the writing instruments of choice for making history.  

1932347024_JoeBidenpen1.thumb.png.6da304fd1ec665a6720b87376ba154bd.png

1228082237_JoeBidenpen2.png.943e9492ecab82a5179cbd4eb656e87c.png

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max dog

• BigBlot

• Marioferu

• ParramattaPaul

For me a Roller ball, is just like a BP; was disappointed when I noticed it was Not a Fountain pen.

Of course that beats that felt tipped marker used in that office before.

I know Truman used an Esterbrook, back when every letter used another pen, and they were given away. Could be IKE did the same.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

3 minutes ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

For me a Roller ball, is just like a BP; was disappointed when I noticed it was Not a Fountain pen.

I know Truman used an Esterbrook, back when every letter used another pen, and they were given away. Could be IKE did the same.

Anything but a SHARPIE! I wish they would use something like a Parker Duofold, or better yet another American fountain pen brand, but I guess that would be too cumbersome or expensive to keep up with 🧐

If he gives them away for major bills like the old days.

Parker is French, now.

I don't know the American pens; those I looked at :puddle:, were one or two man shops.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

FYI same pen for last and current administrations including the felt tip insert. (not sharpie as so many assert)

trump pen.jpg

biden pen.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

1 hour ago, Marioferu said:

I thought Cross is made in China.

I've read somewhere (can't remember the exact source), that Cross is somehow modificating the pens in the US before the delivery to the White House. So, the base for the "presidential Cross pens" is made in China, but those pens are finished in the US.

Cross and Sheaffer (owned by Cross) are still headquartered in Rhode Island, so still a USA pen company, production moved to China.  Parker is HQ'd out of France I believe.  

21 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

FYI same pen for last and current administrations  including the felt tip insert. (not sharpie as so many assert)

trump pen.jpg

biden pen.jpg

These look nice. 

I did notice that Pelosi used a fountain pen for the impeachment order which she then broke by pressing down on the nib to destroy it.

10 hours ago, Bo Bo Olson said:

I reluctantly have to accept, but credit when credit is due, that I rather liked the way the orange potus signed his executive orders. A strong distinctive easy recognisable signature. 

18 hours ago, Linger said:

I reluctantly have to accept, but credit when credit is due, that I rather liked the way the orange potus signed his executive orders. A strong distinctive easy recognisable signature. 

Yes, I agree with that. I think Sharpies could made good looking luxury pens. I found a surprisingly ingenious retractable Sharpie marker last week!

Sharpie is to felt tip as Xerox is to photocopy.

A signature with a fountain pen is always the premier example of a name. Sharpies are for marking boxes when you are moving.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

3 hours ago, JonSzanto said:

To those us from the land down under Felt tip pen is a Textacolour.

8 hours ago, JonSzanto said:

A signature with a fountain pen is always the premier example of a name. Sharpies are for marking boxes when you are moving.

(Reaches into his secondary pen cup and removes two pens)

I have before me two Sharpies. One is marked Ultra Fine Point. I could use it for writing and end up with something like writing with a broad nib. It will also bleed through the page like crazy. I use it for marking things like labels and, yes, could use it on a box.

The other is a Sharpie Pen. This is not to be confused with the Sharpie marker. This one is specifically for writing. It puts down a line the rough equivalent to a European fine point nib, and doesn't bleed through at all. I have it from when I tinkered with it for permanent writing.

I wouldn't mind writing with a Sharpie Pen, and can see it made into a fancy barrel. If other pen manufacturers can make fancy felt tip pens, why not Sharpie? Just the pens are different than the markers.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:15 AM, Bo Bo Olson said:

Right?! I'm not even American and it bugs me. Philistine, I tell you, philistine... upstart colonials...

I think it started with left handed U.S Presidents.

I watched the video linked above, with great interest and saw that Clinton as well as Obama were left handed.

I also think the most recent signatures of a pile of documents were done in rollerballs/felt tip, because using fountain pens might make it more challenging to clean up everything, up to Covid avoidance, standards.

The nib need to be cleaned to make sure that oil from manufacturing is removed and  primed to make sure it starts right away. Which would have meant filling 22 converters from a bottle, that is a lot more manipulation than a ready to write felt tip pen.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

1 hour ago, Anne-Sophie said:

I watched the video linked above, with great interest and saw that Clinton as well as Obama were left handed.

I also think the most recent signatures of a pile of documents were done in rollerballs/felt tip, because using fountain pens might make it more challenging to clean up everything, up to Covid avoidance, standards.

The nib need to be cleaned to make sure that oil from manufacturing is removed and  primed to make sure it starts right away. Which would have meant filling 22 converters from a bottle, that is a lot more manipulation than a ready to write felt tip pen.

So, what your are saying is that office holders and their staff are lazy, is it?

1 hour ago, Anne-Sophie said:

It would be nice if they used the Noodler's Boston Safety Pen. Since they give away souvenir pens, it would be nice for a PONTUS to hand those out, then sit back and watch the fun.