Five Permanent Noodler's Inks - water test

essayfaire

Perhaps someone more acquainted with materials science than I am should be developing water-resistant paper.  I think we have identified a market need.

Festina lente

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yazeh

• A Smug Dill

• dave321

• txomsy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think there already is. At least I do remember paper notebooks being sold as such already in the late '90s. Rite in the Rain, for one, comes to mind. Field Notes, too... problem is, if they are water resistant, it may possibly be difficult to write with a water-based ink like FP ink.

essayfaire
1 hour ago, txomsy said:

I think there already is. At least I do remember paper notebooks being sold as such already in the late '90s. Rite in the Rain, for one, comes to mind. Field Notes, too... problem is, if they are water resistant, it may possibly be difficult to write with a water-based ink like FP ink.

Don't think I've ever seen Rite in the Rain, but Field Notes aren't hard to come by... I will include one with the next order I"m trying to get over the "free shipping" hurdle and experiment.  Thanks.

Festina lente

A Smug Dill
5 hours ago, essayfaire said:

Perhaps someone more acquainted with materials science than I am should be developing water-resistant paper.  I think we have identified a market need.

Already addressed by retail products available since over a decade ago.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/search/?&q=stone paper&type=forums_topic&nodes=36,41&search_and_or=and

I reviewed one such product in 2018 (note: same brand as what @dcwaites reviewed in 2013).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

essayfaire
On 1/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, A Smug Dill said:

That was an interesting and somewhat contentious thread! I don't think I'll be searching out that product anytime soon, even with all my nice EF nibs!  Thanks, Smug.

Festina lente