PIF: Birmingham Ink Sample Packs!

Percy

Howdy, pen friends! 

I've tried out a whole bunch of Birmingham Pen Co.'s inks over the past 6 months and have unintentionally amassed a small fleet of nearly full BPC bottles. I've already exchanged a few Birmingham samples here and there on the US ink exchange, but I'm trying to slim down my ink bottle collection and I have a whole bunch of sample vials to use up. So here's what I'm offering to anyone interested in trying out BPC's inks (without wanting to go all in on a whole bottle, as BPC no longer offers samples to try): A "sample pack" of 6 3ml samples of the following BPC inks:

They're all quite lovely (my favorite is Twilight!) -- this batch includes warmer colors, and I've found BPC inks dry down very quickly even on the glossiest of papers so they're great for folx who write long letters or journal and worry about smearing/smudging. I will mention that a few of these pinker shades vary slightly from the swatch displayed online, at least in my experience. I think batch variation comes with the territory, given BPC's small operation... But I would be remiss not to mention this, as it did disappoint me a bit upon first swatch.

Anyway - I have enough sample vials to send out sets of these 6 samples to FIVE people! To keep shipping down, this is open to folks in the US only (but if any international friends are also interested, please DM me and I'm sure we can work something out!). Anyone interested in trying out these 6 inks from BPC (and possibly supporting them with your future patronage - I love supporting such a kickass small business!) is welcome to sound off in this thread and I'll DM for your details and send them off soon. :) 

🐌 💌 📬 Snail mail enthusiast & ink swatching fiend. Trade inks with me here🎨🌈🖋️

round-letter-exc.pnground-ink-exc.png

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Percy

• rkesey

• linkoiram

• JayHomeBody

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, alc3261 said:

I'd be interested myself, I do have a US mailing address.

Wonderful! I'll DM you. :wub:

3 hours ago, Percy said:

Howdy, pen friends! 

I've tried out a whole bunch of Birmingham Pen Co.'s inks over the past 6 months and have unintentionally amassed a small fleet of nearly full BPC bottles. I've already exchanged a few Birmingham samples here and there on the US ink exchange, but I'm trying to slim down my ink bottle collection and I have a whole bunch of sample vials to use up. So here's what I'm offering to anyone interested in trying out BPC's inks (without wanting to go all in on a whole bottle, as BPC no longer offers samples to try): A "sample pack" of 6 3ml samples of the following BPC inks:

They're all quite lovely (my favorite is Twilight!) -- this batch includes warmer colors, and I've found BPC inks dry down very quickly even on the glossiest of papers so they're great for folx who write long letters or journal and worry about smearing/smudging. I will mention that a few of these pinker shades vary slightly from the swatch displayed online, at least in my experience. I think batch variation comes with the territory, given BPC's small operation... But I would be remiss not to mention this, as it did disappoint me a bit upon first swatch.

Anyway - I have enough sample vials to send out sets of these 6 samples to FIVE people! To keep shipping down, this is open to folks in the US only (but if any international friends are also interested, please DM me and I'm sure we can work something out!). Anyone interested in trying out these 6 inks from BPC (and possibly supporting them with your future patronage - I love supporting such a kickass small business!) is welcome to sound off in this thread and I'll DM for your details and send them off soon. :) 

Thanks so much for doing this! The only one of theirs I've tried so far is Boiler Steam, and I really like it. I'd love to get a set of these samples if you have any left.

Hi percy! Could I throw my hat in?

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

Hello Percy, the offer is quite generous, I'd be glad to try a sample pack if I've not been too late. 

MAR Watermark.png
fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Indiana . USA

Hey everyone! Going in post order for fairness :) 

9 hours ago, rkesey said:

Thanks so much for doing this! The only one of theirs I've tried so far is Boiler Steam, and I really like it. I'd love to get a set of these samples if you have any left.

You've got it, friend! I'll DM you for your address. I hope you enjoy them!

8 hours ago, JayHomeBody said:

Hi percy! Could I throw my hat in?

Hey stranger! ;) Absolutely - I'll DM you!

8 hours ago, Mar_ said:

Hello Percy, the offer is quite generous, I'd be glad to try a sample pack if I've not been too late. 

You've got it, Mar! I'll DM you for details. :) 

7 hours ago, Dione said:

I would love to try out any BPC ink samples please

Sure thing! Check your DMs soon! :) 

49 minutes ago, linkoiram said:

I'd be interested as well if they aren't gone by now. Thanks

Sadly there were already 5 claims before you :( However I've got more ink (just not enough vials!). If you want to wait until more vials come in (hopefully not too long now, I placed the order earlier this week), I'll be happy to send you a sample set! Let me know if you're still interested!

10 minutes ago, Percy said:

Sadly there were already 4 claims before you :( However I've got more ink (just not enough vials!). If you want to wait until more vials come in (hopefully not too long now, I placed the order earlier this week), I'll be happy to send you a sample set! Let me know if you're still interested!

Sure. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, linkoiram said:

Sure. Thank you!

You got it! :) I'll reach out when the vials come in the mail. 

19 minutes ago, Percy said:

Hey everyone! Going in post order for fairness :) 

You've got it, friend! I'll DM you for your address. I hope you enjoy them!

Hey stranger! ;) Absolutely - I'll DM you!

You've got it, Mar! I'll DM you for details. :) 

Sure thing! Check your DMs soon! :) 

Thank you, Percy!

1 hour ago, Percy said:

Sadly there were already 5 claims before you :( However I've got more ink (just not enough vials!). If you want to wait until more vials come in (hopefully not too long now, I placed the order earlier this week), I'll be happy to send you a sample set! Let me know if you're still interested!

If this PIF offer is still open, I would love a set as well! Thank you very much for your generosity. 

Hi Percy,

I’d love to try these once you have enough vials, if the offer is still open. 

I’d be happy to repay the favor. I have Soft Pretzel and Southern Portal on the way; they should arrive within a few days. I also have Phipps Verbena. I could send those and some other (non-Birmingham) samples, if you’re interested.

You’re right! Birmingham is kickass! Great products and excellent customer service from Nick, a very generous person. 

39 minutes ago, flyingfox said:

If this PIF offer is still open, I would love a set as well! Thank you very much for your generosity. 

Okay! I think I shouuuuld have enough in the ink bottles for 2-3 more sample sets (way more than I guesstimated, actually - we love a happy accident!), so once I get the vials I'll start measuring them up and reach out to you if I have enough to send your way! 

27 minutes ago, goodpens said:

Hi Percy,

I’d love to try these once you have enough vials, if the offer is still open. 

I’d be happy to repay the favor. I have Soft Pretzel and Southern Portal on the way; they should arrive within a few days. I also have Phipps Verbena. I could send those and some other (non-Birmingham) samples, if you’re interested.

You’re right! Birmingham is kickass! Great products and excellent customer service from Nick, a very generous person. 

Totally agree - BPC's/Nick's customer service is off the charts! And their packaging... :wub: The attention to detail is phenom! It's what keeps me coming back! Anyhow, I would love to trade with you for a sample of Soft Pretzel and Phipps Verbena! I'll message you as soon as I have some more vials stocked up - which should be soon, I hope! 

It's nice to see that they've gone back to the Pittsburgh-themed names.  Although I'm not sure why they named that one ink after the Gulf Tower -- because it doesn't make me think of the building at ALL.... 

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x8834f1585dcbcc87%3A0xea95a54de9f970af!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Fweldins%2Bpittsburgh%2F%4040.4423126%2C-79.9953482%2C3a%2C75y%2C13.64h%2C90t%2Fdata%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sOvdbg1tj_14ry8XW_jCsQw*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x8834f1585dcbcc87%3A0xea95a54de9f970af%3Fsa%3DX!5sweldins pittsburgh - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2sOvdbg1tj_14ry8XW_jCsQw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifgdPShq7uAhXOSzABHeD8A6YQpx8wCnoECBYQCA

Hmmm.  Wondering now if they're maybe selling the inks at Weldin's (which is now on the first floor of the Gulf Tower, after many years of being of on Wood Street).  Guess I will have to stick my nose in Weldins (if they're open) after my allergist's appointment next week (parking at the allergist's is truly sackful and expensive, so I take the bus to downtown and either walk the last six blocks or walk over to the Wood Street T station from the bus stop and take the T down to Gateway Center, and it wouldn't be that far out of my way on the way home to take the T another stop and walk one to the Gulf Tower (Weldins actually has a real pen counter :) -- even though their new digs are a lot smaller than their old location).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

2 minutes ago, inkstainedruth said:

It's nice to see that they've gone back to the Pittsburgh-themed names.  Although I'm not sure why they named that one ink after the Gulf Tower -- because it doesn't make me think of the building at ALL.... 

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x8834f1585dcbcc87%3A0xea95a54de9f970af!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Fweldins%2Bpittsburgh%2F%4040.4423126%2C-79.9953482%2C3a%2C75y%2C13.64h%2C90t%2Fdata%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sOvdbg1tj_14ry8XW_jCsQw*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x8834f1585dcbcc87%3A0xea95a54de9f970af%3Fsa%3DX!5sweldins pittsburgh - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2sOvdbg1tj_14ry8XW_jCsQw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifgdPShq7uAhXOSzABHeD8A6YQpx8wCnoECBYQCA

Hmmm.  Wondering now if they're maybe selling the inks at Weldin's (which is now on the first floor of the Gulf Tower, after many years of being of on Wood Street).  Guess I will have to stick my nose in Weldins (if they're open) after my allergist's appointment next week (parking at the allergist's is truly sackful and expensive, so I take the bus to downtown and either walk the last six blocks or walk over to the Wood Street T station from the bus stop and take the T down to Gateway Center, and it wouldn't be that far out of my way on the way home to take the T another stop and walk one to the Gulf Tower (Weldins actually has a real pen counter :) -- even though their new digs are a lot smaller than their old location).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Oh Ruth, I am so jealous! I've always wanted to visit Pittsburgh and half of the reason why I love BPC so much is their location-specific names! You'll have to do some reconnaissance for us and keep your eyes peeled for any gerberas around Gulf Tower (come springtime, of course). :) 

So sorry I missed this! Thank you, @Percy, for sharing the inky love, and especially for the trouble you're going to to make up all these sample sets.

10 hours ago, brokenclay said:

So sorry I missed this! Thank you, @Percy, for sharing the inky love, and especially for the trouble you're going to to make up all these sample sets.

Of course! Always a pleasure to share ink with others who enjoy it just as much! I'm almost certain I'll be trying more inks from BPC in the future, so this may be the first of many PIF sets I send out here - stay tuned! ;)