EFNIR: Callifolio Bonne Esperance

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Callifolio Bonne Esperance

This is review #72 in my series.  Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes: Zoom color is pretty close.  Cleaning required a few extra flushes as the ink wanted to cling.  No swabs or pen flush was required, but it did take a little extra effort.

And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.CallifolioBonneEsperance.jpg.bc513ed58cab7d2da94c934b9ffee542.jpg

Zoomed in photo:
large.CallifolioBonneEsperanceZ.jpg.ee6c60a042b7120eed73f92faa811a59.jpg

Screenshots also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap

Previous Review: Robert Oster Heart of Gold.

Want to influence the inky sequence?  Take the "next ink" poll.

Hope you enjoy.  Comments appreciated!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• namrehsnoom

• mizgeorge

• yazeh

Top Posters In This Topic

namrehsnoom

Thank you for this review. Dryness is indeed an issue - especially in the finer nibs. But I found that this problem disappeared with wetter pens. Personally I prefer the darker blues from the Callifolio line, like Botany Bay, Bosphore, Byzance : also muted, but more blue-black.

I also find that I like this ink’s colour more today than a couple years back. I’m really into subtle & muted colours these days - simply love them. But who knows - maybe a year from now I will learn to love super-vibrant inks 😉  .... nah... that’s not going to happen.

22 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

Thank you for this review. Dryness is indeed an issue - especially in the finer nibs. But I found that this problem disappeared with wetter pens. Personally I prefer the darker blues from the Callifolio line, like Botany Bay, Bosphore, Byzance : also muted, but more blue-black.

I also find that I like this ink’s colour more today than a couple years back. I’m really into subtle & muted colours these days - simply love them. But who knows - maybe a year from now I will learn to love super-vibrant inks 😉  .... nah... that’s not going to happen.

You're welcome!  Those Callifolio inks you list are all in my Vanness wish list! :D  So yeah, we have similar tastes at least in blue / blue-black inks.

As for super-vibrant inks, I don't really go for them, but I have my exceptions: Akkerman Oranje Boven, R & K Solferino, and Caran d'Ache Delicate Green - they're all gorgeous!  (Though I plan to use Robert Oster Green Lime as a replacement for the more expensive Caran d'Ache ink - once my samples run out - if they ever run out... :unsure: :blush: )

26 minutes ago, namrehsnoom said:

Personally I prefer the darker blues from the Callifolio line, like Botany Bay, Bosphore, Byzance : also muted, but more blue-black.

Thinking about this...  I'll have to test them, but it may be that the darker ones won't show color as well in the Japanese EF nib - there's a threshold, and once you go too far, the ink just looks black (or "unidentifiable dark").

mizgeorge

I like it, but I don't think I love it. I might include it if I were buying a batch of these though - and I have a few Califolios on my wishink list at the moment.

Thank you for another great review :)

17 minutes ago, mizgeorge said:

Thank you for another great review

You're very welcome, and thank you! :)

This is very classy and elegant. Great job, Liz. 

As namrehsnoom said, it's quite soothing. 

I'll call it the soul ink 😇 or to quote the one and only Tas: ":)"

2 hours ago, yazeh said:

This is very classy and elegant. Great job, Liz. 

As namrehsnoom said, it's quite soothing. 

I'll call it the soul ink 😇 or to quote the one and only Tas: ":)"

:D Thank you!

18 minutes ago, Sailor Kenshin said:

Yup, my kinda color!  Thanks for the review.

PS: Your recent reviews sold me a Prera Demo, y'know.... 😉

:D  You're welcome!

PS: Happy to enable! ;) I like it a lot!