SCRIBO FEEL piston disassemble.

Trinh Nguyen

Hello, I don't know if anyone have this problem with SCRIBO piston, I got mine only roughly 4-5 months, however the piston feel a bit sluggish and not as smooth as I wanted to be; I want lubricate the piston but I'm not sure if I should try and with what tool. If anyone had tried, how did you do it and with what tool?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forsooth

• Trinh Nguyen

• pfwaggs

• peroride

I'd be afraid to ... maybe reach out to Scribo? They seem to be responsive. Figboot shows an OMAS version of the piston Scribo help repair. I'm babying my Foglia with their stock ink in hopes there's no issues down the road. 

Update: here's the Appelboom tour video of the Scribo piston mechanism if that helps. Inner tube looks similar to the OMAS design, maybe with more o-rings

I watched (several times) the video that @peroride linked to.  It looks to me as if the piston unit is screwed in and would be able to be disassembled without too much complication.  However, having said that, I (myself) would definitely not try it until someone uploaded a step-by-step youtube video of the project.  Also, keep in mind that a special tool might be required (e.g., Scribo's version of the Twisbi wrench).  The disassembly of this Scribo seems less complicated than, say, the Pilot Custon 823.

7 hours ago, peroride said:

I'd be afraid to ... maybe reach out to Scribo? They seem to be responsive. Figboot shows an OMAS version of the piston Scribo help repair. I'm babying my Foglia with their stock ink in hopes there's no issues down the road. 

Update: here's the Appelboom tour video of the Scribo piston mechanism if that helps. Inner tube looks similar to the OMAS design, maybe with more o-rings

Ok, I tried using the twsbi wrench and it worked, lubricated the the piston a little bit smoother now, I think the sluggish feeling is just me used to the smoothness of the pelikan piston.

On 1/19/2021 at 1:27 AM, Trinh Nguyen said:

Ok, I tried using the twsbi wrench and it worked, lubricated the the piston a little bit smoother now, I think the sluggish feeling is just me used to the smoothness of the pelikan piston.

You should make a video and post it on FPN for people like me (if I ever get a Scribo).

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2021 at 1:27 AM, Trinh Nguyen said:

I'm curious which scribo pen you used a twsbi wrench on. the twsbi wrench does not fit my scribo. it is way to small. it could be a specific twsbi pen but i'm pretty sure they used the same size tool.

• 1 year later...

Interesting - I just returned by La Dotta for piston issues - it is currently on its way to Italy to be inspected and repaired. It wasn't working well out of the box and got progressively worse. I am guessing there is some issue with the piston gasket as it stopped drawing ink. We will see. I have 2 Scribo pens - each had assembly or design issues in the pen body. I hope they get that solved. 

Montblanc / Pelikan / Sailor / Pilot / Lamy / Cross / Parker