I accidentally bought a 1.1 stub size 5!

InkNsap

Well, this is probably not going to be my first mistake. I got a 1.1 stub for a jinhao X750 and didn’t noticed it was a size 5! 

So I now have this nib and no pen to use it. Any cheap recommendations to get and put it in? 

Tried my Kaweco sports, but this one is too long. I already have a stub in an Twisbi Eco. 

Help please. 
I don’t want to waste this nib. Maybe a cheap and good Moonman? I think I have enough Jinhaos 😅

image.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkNsap

• corniche

• Dimy

• Dione

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, my, to have such a terrible problem.

:D

Check out the pens at Fountain Pen Revolution from Kevin... ask him for recommendations if in doubt... he'll hook you up. 👍

https://fprevolutionusa.com/

- Sean  :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hehe I know! I could just wait and see what comes my way... maybe a PenBBs? I have been looking at them greedily... 

Will check out the link. Thank you! 

2 hours ago, corniche said:

Check out the pens at Fountain Pen Revolution from Kevin... ask him for recommendations if in doubt... he'll hook you up. 👍

6 hours ago, InkNsap said:

Well, this is probably not going to be my first mistake. I got a 1.1 stub for a jinhao X750 and didn’t noticed it was a size 5! 

So I now have this nib and no pen to use it. Any cheap recommendations to get and put it in? 

Tried my Kaweco sports, but this one is too long. I already have a stub in an Twisbi Eco. 

Help please. 
I don’t want to waste this nib. Maybe a cheap and good Moonman? I think I have enough Jinhaos 😅

image.jpg

..chama te metiste en tremendo beta..!!!  ok no voy a chalequear... 🤣😂👍👌

Just put it away. No hurry. You may need it in a pen down the road.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Jajajajajaja estoy metida completamente... ya mi novio no me soporta hablando de plumas y papel. Por eso abrí esta cuenta XD 

6 hours ago, Mr.Rene said:

..chama te metiste en tremendo beta..!!!  ok no voy a chalequear... 🤣😂👍👌

Thank you all for the kind recommendations! I got a jinhao 992 on the way and I think it will fit that one. 

I totally broke my No new fountain pens resolution for this year XS

will need to come up with an explanation for my partner, I could say new pen pals have a kind heart. 😅

1 hour ago, Runnin_Ute said:

Just put it away. No hurry. You may need it in a pen down the road.

4 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

Jinhao 992 if you want a small comfy pen that is super cheap.

The penbbs pens and moonman c1 would not fit.

The moonman m2 probably would.

6 hours ago, sansenri said:

A cheap option, but still Jinhao, is a Jinhao X500. Takes a #5.

Not a bad pen.

8 hours ago, Dione said:

Not sure but it might fit a Moonman C1 or C2 both nice pens available on Amazon or ebay.

5 hours ago, InkNsap said:

Thank you all for the kind recommendations! I got a jinhao 992 on the way and I think it will fit that one. 

I totally broke my No new fountain pens resolution for this year XS

will need to come up with an explanation for my partner, I could say new pen pals have a kind heart. 😅

Hi InknSap,

I'm glad you were able to find a solution to your cataclysmic crisis. :D

The way I see it, you have two options: You can pull yourself up, dust yourself off and start anew; or you can throw in the towel, buy all kinds of pens and convince yourself that 2022 "will be the year!" :rolleyes:

Don't lie! It will always eventually turn around and bite you in the glutes. Just keep a glazed expression on your face and insist you dont see any strange, unauthorised pens lying around. 👍

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

18 hours ago, corniche said:

+1

The muft pens that FPR offers, are , by the looks of it, Oliver exam piston fillers. They will accept a No 5 nib as well (I use mine with Kanwrite No 5 nibs).

PS tough life choices to make.

18 hours ago, Arkanabar said:

Nope, the Muft is an eyedropper pen (I have three).  The Guru is FPR's lowest price piston filler, and the Indore their lowest price cartridge/ converter pen.  eta:  All three are fitted with FPR #5.5 nibs, and a #5 should be a fairly good fit.

Ohh I did not knew that (I have none, so made a guess from pics of it on site), Thanks for the nugget of truth.