Parker Duofold Centennial 100th Anniversary Big Red Fountain Pen (Special Edition) As low as €1,195.00

dparker999

This came across a FB page this morning.   I looked through the Parker threads and didn't see any reference to it so I am posting.    There is so much discussion on the new 51 but I haven't seen anything on this yet.   To be quite open, the FB posting were not too positive.   While it looks like a nice pen, and the Duofold writes well, 1195 Euro. ($1443) seems a bit much.     I don't know what the list price is but we will see!   Any thoughts!

image.png.00249917ced0fcf289fc6fa057e442fa.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heinkle

• lionelc

• Glenn-SC

• Pingu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks a lot nicer than the 'Craft of Travelling' LE which was about £2500  , so this is quite a bargain ...

John

5 hours ago, koutsos1965 said:

I hope this site responds to posts on the topic

lacouronneducomte.nl

That is the only dealer I know that has it listed.   That was the dealer listed in FB.     FPH in NYC, Appelboom in Neatherlands, Fahrney's, etc - none of them have anything about it on their web site.    Did these guys jump the gun?

Hello!

Parker Duofold 100th Anniversary...some more information

The Parker Duofold is a range of fountain pens produced by the Parker Pen Company.
The first Duofold Big Red model was produced in 1921.
In celebration of the Duofold 100th anniversary, parker presents 3 new Duofold Centennial size: Black, Big Red and Lapis Lazuli
Driven by a commitment to superior craftsmanship, each piece is meticulously brought together by hand to ensure the finest writing experience.
Duofold 100th Anniversary offers an exceptionally comfortable and luxurious writing experience.
Exquisitely emblazed with an iconic ace design and classic Goldsmith Hallmarks, the nib is stamped with extra polished two-tone 18-carat solid gold and partially covered with rhodium finish.

Duofold an emblem of Parker’s heritage. A symbol of excellence since 1921.
After 100 Years, Duofold remains the most distinguished pen in Parker’s discerning lineage.

Parker DUOFOLD 100th Anniversary - details:

Brand: Parker
Model: Duofold Centennial
Serie: 100th Anniversary (1921-2021)
Colors: Black, Big Red, Lapis Lazuli
Material: Acrylic resin
Nib: 18k Gold Medium Nib
Trims: Gold plated
Filling System: Cartridge/Converter (included)

Parker DUOFOLD 100th Anniversary - dimensions:
Length (Capped): 137.3mm
Length (Uncapped): 128.2mm
Length (Posted): 172.7mm
Section Diameter: 10.2mm
Barrel Diameter: 12.1mm
Weight:29g

I hope I was helpful!

Ciao!
Marco

DUOFOLD 100th.jpg

23 hours ago, dparker999 said:

Thanks Marco.     Are they made in France?    What is the country or origin?

France. 

Khan M. Ilyas

It's hard to see if this is a surface-printed design or if it's pieced together like the Mosaic patterns or the True Blue; in the latter case it's at least worth looking at when it arrives at my local pen store. In the press photos, the colors look flat instead of having any transparency or chatoyance.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, for my wallet), the pattern isn't really attractive to me, and so I will be giving the 100th Anniversary Duofolds a pass.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

20 hours ago, Kalessin said:

It's hard to see if this is a surface-printed design or if it's pieced together like the Mosaic patterns or the True Blue; in the latter case it's at least worth looking at when it arrives at my local pen store. In the press photos, the colors look flat instead of having any transparency or chatoyance.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, for my wallet), the pattern isn't really attractive to me, and so I will be giving the 100th Anniversary Duofolds a pass.

it's pieced togther like check or mosaic edition, the corp is made by Carville.

They look a little like London Underground moquette seat cover designs - Northern , Victoria and Central lines perhaps?

John

5 hours ago, encremental said:

They look a little like London Underground moquette seat cover designs - Northern , Victoria and Central lines perhaps?

John

it's totally possible, you know they make the raisin corp with cotton, maybe they just recycle the moquette seat from London underground.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:10 PM, encremental said:

It looks a lot nicer than the 'Craft of Travelling' LE which was about £2500  , so this is quite a bargain ...

John

I dunno, but perhaps it's me.  I struggle with the concept of a €1195 pen being 'quite a bargain'.........  ;)

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Yes, it's you :happyberet:  If they had a white star on the top, the punters in another forum would be buying them up by the dozen like Bic Crystals!

In an ideal world they would be in regular production like the check pens of a few years ago, if only for the anniversary year.

Parker list prices are incredibly elastic things. The £750 Ruthenium Chiselled was on Amazon at under£300 in a few months. You just have to keep an eye out and wait patiently ... eventually one will be within reach.

John

12 minutes ago, encremental said:

Yes, it's you :happyberet:  If they had a white star on the top, the punters in another forum would be buying them up by the dozen like Bic Crystals!

oh snap

5 hours ago, encremental said:

In an ideal world they would be in regular production like the check pens of a few years ago, if only for the anniversary year.

Parker list prices are incredibly elastic things. The £750 Ruthenium Chiselled was on Amazon at under£300 in a few months. You just have to keep an eye out and wait patiently ... eventually one will be within reach.

John

So true, price is subjective.

No one cares about premium range Parkers or Caran d’Aches being sold at 50% off their original prices.

If it were MB, anyone would snatch it in no time.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:51 PM, dparker999 said:

Any thoughts!

Purdy, but I'm easy; i like the Duofold. This one is a true 100! The stacked color scheme is different but maybe something to grow on the next hundred years. I'd go for the Black or Blue, my brain is stuck on Big Red as an orangey red solid. Still with the 18K nib but with a special inscription, I doubt the nib swap program would apply. The diffusion bonded acrylic from Carvelle is a big plus a la Lambrou's Classic Pens, but in the end it's all still just plastic. But when is another iconic pen going to have another hundred year anniversary? Platinum had one, not sure how that worked out.  I hope Parker sells out and wish them the best.