Streamlined pens

ibrahim

What brand name is this pen?

what are your favorite choices of streamline shaped pens please? Any pictures you have got would be appreciated. 

6C4F949B-1573-40DC-89B4-E8A4A79AF0F4.jpeg

"I am human, and I think nothing human is alien to me." Terence

I share the humanity of people, I’m like the rest of everybody and certainly I’m not better or higher than anybody in anything, regardless of what they believe in or don’t believe in. What they experience is certainly not alien to me. I’m part of all people and they are part of me, interbeing, that is.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ibrahim

• corniche

• ISW_Kaputnik

• corgicoupe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The two pens which come to mind immediately when I hear the word "streamlined" are the Lamy 2000 and Parker 51. Both have minimal hardware and hooded nibs. There are many others similar to them as well.

To the OP:  Would you give examples of pens you consider to be 'streamlined' and then I could make suggestions based on my own experience.

35 minutes ago, WLSpec said:

The two pens which come to mind immediately when I hear the word "streamlined" are the Lamy 2000 and Parker 51. Both have minimal hardware and hooded nibs. There are many others similar to them as well.

Thank you so much 

I share the humanity of people, I’m like the rest of everybody and certainly I’m not better or higher than anybody in anything, regardless of what they believe in or don’t believe in. What they experience is certainly not alien to me. I’m part of all people and they are part of me, interbeing, that is.

1 hour ago, ibrahim said:

What brand name is this pen?

what are your favorite choices of streamline shaped pens please? Any pictures you have got would be appreciated. 

6C4F949B-1573-40DC-89B4-E8A4A79AF0F4.jpeg

This is a Baoer 100.
Despite I own a couple of other Baoer pens, and they are quite good, I do not recommend this one.
The section is very uncomfortable to hold and the nib on mine was scratchy.

12 minutes ago, maclink said:

To the OP:  Would you give examples of pens you consider to be 'streamlined' and then I could make suggestions based on my own experience.

Like the gorgeous pens that aimi posted below. Also, Parker 51, Waterman Carene, etc.

4 minutes ago, aimi said:

Pilot Myu & Murex?

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Not my photos)

These, indeed, are some of the pens that I would love to have as well. Especially the Pilot Myu

4 minutes ago, sansenri said:

This is a Baoer 100.
Despite I own a couple of other Baoer pens, and they are quite good, I do not recommend this one.

Thank you so much for the advice. 

46 minutes ago, aimi said:

Pilot Myu & Murex?

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Not my photos)

Hi Aimi,

WOW! Thanks for posting this - I had forgotten about these! 👍

- Sean  :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hi Ibrahim,

I agree with the Wahl Skyline, (I wonder why?); the Parker 21/41/51/61; the Lamy 2000, but would also like to add the Sheaffer Balance and Esterbrook Estie to the list.

I think of them as transitional streamliners. :D

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Because it was designed after your avatar!

I just wish the Estie was about the size of the Esterbrook J.  My wife gave me the tortoiseshell, which is lovely, but a tad large.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

39 minutes ago, corgicoupe said:

Because it was designed after your avatar!

I just wish the Estie was about the size of the Esterbrook J.  My wife gave me the tortoiseshell, which is lovely, but a tad large.

:lol:

Hi Corgicoupe,

Its a shame the Estie doesn't fit your hand well; they're fantastic pens... for me. At least now of days, we have plenty of choices. 👍

Have you tried the new JR yet? (That's about the size of the M200/Model J).

Here is a different version of the Pilot MYU.  I don't know if the striped pattern makes it looks less streamlined, or emphasizes it.

31653278360_0d8cfbde8c_b.jpg    

The Pilot Elite, the middle and right hand pens in this picture, are shaped similarly to the MYU, and are still made.  But of course they do not have that integrated nib.

Pilots.jpg

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

16 minutes ago, corniche said:

:lol:

Hi Corgicoupe,

Its a shame the Estie doesn't fit your hand well; they're fantastic pens... for me. At least now of days, we have plenty of choices. 👍

Have you tried the new JR yet? (That's about the size of the M200/Model J).

It's not that it doesn't fit my hand, Sean. It just feels too big. I did get an extra fine nib from Kenro and use it for writing and endorsing checks with Diamine Registrar's ink. I have not looked into the JR. Is it very much like the size of the Esterbrook J? I really like my J models, and my recent purchase of a Relief 12 was a good move.

Bob

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

1 hour ago, ISW_Kaputnik said:

The Pilot Elite, the middle and right hand pens in this picture, are shaped similarly to the MYU, and are still made. 

I do have a Pilot Elite. Is the Pilot myu any smoother?

Since no one else has mentioned it, I'll put in a good word for the Parker 50 Falcon.  Smooth writer, though slightly dry.  While anything with an integrated nib will look streamlined, this thing looks supersonic.  Bought it for the looks and don't regret it at all.

PXL_20210117_041134346~2[1].jpg

"Nothing is new under the sun!  Even the thing of which we say, “See, this is new!” has already existed in the ages that preceded us." Ecclesiastes

1 hour ago, corgicoupe said:

It's not that it doesn't fit my hand, Sean. It just feels too big. I did get an extra fine nib from Kenro and use it for writing and endorsing checks with Diamine Registrar's ink. I have not looked into the JR. Is it very much like the size of the Esterbrook J? I really like my J models, and my recent purchase of a Relief 12 was a good move.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I think I understand what you mean; I have similar feelings about the Edison Collier.

Unfortunately, I only have one JR - and my mom purloined it when she was visiting the other day. But recent memory tells me that the J is smidge longer than the JR, but the JR is a smidge girthier than the J. They are pretty similar in size, though.

That said, in the case of the JR, I'm not sure I'd replace it if my mom falls in love with it and I tell her to keep it. Whereas, the Estie has some unique features which make it stand apart from the pack - one being those dreamlike JoWo nibs - the JR doesn't have enough going for it to separate it from the venerable old J. A mint condition J is still a fraction of the price and you have all those neat old nibs to play with and explore.  If it were me - and I had J's that were tight, reliable and pretty... I'd probably stick with them... if the Estie was off limits.  :)