• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VonEvil

• Gloucesterman

• Karmachanic

• mizgeorge

There are plenty of excellent stores in the EU. You don't say where you are, so it's hard to help recommend anyone specific.

Some EU  fountain pen based retailers in no particular order:

Stilo&Stile

La Couronne du Comte

Appelboom

Fontoplumo

Iguana Sell

Novelli

Fritz Schimpf

Add lightness and simplicate.

Here's a suggestion. Email all the retailers, tell them you are going to buy a specific pen in 24 hours, tell them where it will be shipped to, ask them their best price including shipping.

Do your research ahead of time. You must be specific about the pen and nib, and business-like in your approach. This is not a casual conversation at a retailer's store. 

I did that before I purchased my Yard-O-Led and got an extremely good price and free shipping.

Some quoted as much as 600 dollars more than what I paid.

You never know what kind of deal you'll get if you don't ask.

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special

Thank you for all the replies! I have am saving money for Montblanc Rouge et Noir, F nib, black version. I have been wanting it eversince it launched :) I am in Estonia, not much is available here. I checked the stores kindly listed by Karmachanic, sadly that pen is not available there. The last suggestion is also great, but this pen is not that commonly available. 

On 1/17/2021 at 5:54 AM, VonEvil said:

Thank you for all the replies! I have am saving money for Montblanc Rouge et Noir, F nib, black version. I have been wanting it eversince it launched :) I am in Estonia, not much is available here. I checked the stores kindly listed by Karmachanic, sadly that pen is not available there. The last suggestion is also great, but this pen is not that commonly available. 

Akkerman is extremely reputable and has pretty good prices. I don’t know exactly which Rouge Et Noir you are looking for but la couronne du compte has the spider in black.

2 hours ago, JaxFP said:

Akkerman is extremely reputable and has pretty good prices. I don’t know exactly which Rouge Et Noir you are looking for but la couronne du compte has the spider in black.

Hello, thank you! I am looking for the really basic black one :) The spider ones are very nice too but I´m a bit of afraid of spiders. Akkerman seems to be the winner here, sadly also 100€ more expensive.

If you are still looking check out https://www.neilspens.com/store/p622/Montblanc_Heritage_Spider_Fountain_Pen_in_Black-_NEW%21_.html

Neil is a long time member of the Boston Pen People and a good friend.

I think the pen posted at the above link is the one you are looking for. His asking price is $490.00 USD. At this moment that converts to 406 Euros. Of course you have to figure shipping and insurance costs too. Again, if you are still looking, check with Neil. He is on the east coast of the U.S. so he is in the eastern time zone.

Good luck,

-S-

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

19 minutes ago, Gloucesterman said:

... At this moment that converts to 406 Euros. Of course you have to figure shipping and insurance costs too. Again, if you are still looking, check with Neil. He is on the east coast of the U.S. so he is in the eastern time zone.

Good luck,

-S-

Shipping/insurance, and (of course) 20% VAT plus potentially import duty and processing charges. Allowances are ridiculously low this side of the pond.

Would you have to pay VAT on top of import duties and fees?

If so, it was a nice idea in theory!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I got the basic black serpent ReN from Iguanasell last July. They offer a discount when you provide your information through the link on the item’s page. With the discount and free shipping, they offered the best price I could find at the time for that particular model. They also procured a nib exchange for me; the time estimate for the entire process was accurate and they provided updates without needing to ask first. The pen is beautiful and I like its performance. It is also my first and only Montblanc.

37 minutes ago, Gloucesterman said:

Boris need a new car?

Add lightness and simplicate.

1 hour ago, Gloucesterman said:

If so, it was a nice idea in theory!

Yes, obviously.    need to bump the price up as much a possible and save the govt.

For the Akkerman shop: please note there are two Akkermans: one in The Hague and the other one in Amsterdam. The shop in The Hague is the original one https://www.vulpennen.nl  (vulpennen translates to fountain pens) or https://akkermandenhaag.nl . The Amsterdam shop used to be a branch of the The Hague shop, but has been a separate entity for years.

I think both would rank as reputable, but I greatly prefer the shop in The Hague. That's a real pen mecca. They're also the ones with their own ink line.

19 hours ago, Violet.Ink said:

I got the basic black serpent ReN from Iguanasell last July. They offer a discount when you provide your information through the link on the item’s page. With the discount and free shipping, they offered the best price I could find at the time for that particular model. They also procured a nib exchange for me; the time estimate for the entire process was accurate and they provided updates without needing to ask first. The pen is beautiful and I like its performance. It is also my first and only Montblanc.

Another wonderful member also wrote me about Iguanasell, this seems like the best option at the moment. Thank you!

10 hours ago, Geert Jan said:

For the Akkerman shop: please note there are two Akkermans: one in The Hague and the other one in Amsterdam. The shop in The Hague is the original one https://www.vulpennen.nl  (vulpennen translates to fountain pens) or https://akkermandenhaag.nl . The Amsterdam shop used to be a branch of the The Hague shop, but has been a separate entity for years.

I think both would rank as reputable, but I greatly prefer the shop in The Hague. That's a real pen mecca. They're also the ones with their own ink line.

Oh no, the vulpennen shop has so much nice things and I am on a strict budget. The special inks looks very cool, especially the artist´s series. Well, something for the wishlist :) Thank you for the recommendation!