Aurora Repairs and customer service?

The Blue Knight

I got a Hastil recently used for not a lot. However it needs a new section. The section on mine has a small pair of cracks. Seeing as the Hastil is still being sold I'd envisage Aurora has spare parts.

Does anyone have any experience with Aurora repairs. I'd imagine I'd have to pay for the part as not the first owner which I am fine with this. However would I have to send off the pen or could I potentially buy just part?

Any help appreciated 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr.Rene

• freakman

• The Blue Knight

• A Smug Dill

6 minutes ago, The Blue Knight said:

However would I have to send off the pen or could I potentially buy just part?

Any help appreciated 

I suggest you ask at https://www.aurorapen.it/en/contacts/technical-service/. I'm confident it takes as little effort to fill in that webform as it is to create a post in a discussion forum; but Aurora's answer to your question would be authoritative, not hearsay.

What happened, or was available, to someone else (cf. experience) may not apply to you because of the difference in time (post-Brexit, for one) and place (most of “anyone”, which includes all other forum members here, to whom you addressed the question are not UK-based), so why not just go straight to what is accessible to you and relevant to the current situation?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I had the worst experience with Aurora Customer Service from Torino, Italy. I sent an  Aurora 88 Limited Edition  flex nib point to be replace it and I never get nothing I lost money because Aurora stolen my nib..I lost time because I tried to contact Aurora through  all the ways possible..nobody reply, a year after the nib arrived  in Aurora Customer service in Torino and finally I had to buy a new nib point that I costed almost full fountain pen... So my Aurora 88 is more expensive than my Montblanc 149.

MAKING STORY SHORT...I never will get an aurora product again..

PD: Search hire and there and You will find several complain to Aurora Customer Service.

Good Luck!

I got good service from Aurora few years ago.

They replaced  the body of my optima 15 years old asking only for the shipment cost.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:01 AM, Mr.Rene said:

I had the worst experience with Aurora Customer Service from Torino, Italy. I sent an  Aurora 88 Limited Edition  flex nib point to be replace it and I never get nothing I lost money because Aurora stolen my nib..I lost time because I tried to contact Aurora through  all the ways possible..nobody reply, a year after the nib arrived  in Aurora Customer service in Torino and finally I had to buy a new nib point that I costed almost full fountain pen... So my Aurora 88 is more expensive than my Montblanc 149.

MAKING STORY SHORT...I never will get an aurora product again..

PD: Search hire and there and You will find several complain to Aurora Customer Service.

Good Luck!

Well, I lost 4 LE pens and nothing were returned. I tried emails and phone calls but there was no reply. Not to mention that I also sent a prototype that they refuse to repair AND return but instead PROMISED to sent me a LE that costs around the same value. After I decided which one to replace, I got no answer from them.

3 minutes ago, freakman said:

Well, I lost 4 LE pens and nothing were returned. I tried emails and phone calls but there was no reply. Not to mention that I also sent a prototype that they refuse to repair AND return but instead PROMISED to sent me a LE that costs around the same value. After I decided which one to replace, I got no answer from them.

oh my GOD..it is unacceptable.. so sorry for your lost...I do not undestand why some people support that kind of company like Aurora.Regards.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Rene said:

oh my GOD..it is unacceptable.. so sorry for your lost...I do not undestand why some people support that kind of company like Aurora.Regards.

AURORA was quite good till around 2016(And it was my favourite brand). After that they're just copypasta their old designs and changing colors for their LEs with unacceptable customer service.

• 4 weeks later...

Aurora makes very beautiful pen, but is totally not organized in anything. 
Maybe nobody replies to your email, because they haven't a system to do the job, and there isn't anybody that is in charge of this, as many other things.

When I call, asking if my order has been shipped, or if a product is available, they must go (in person) to the warehouse to see. I'm astonished every time.

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

6 hours ago, Susanna said:

Aurora makes very beautiful pen, but is totally not organized in anything. 
Maybe nobody replies to your email, because they haven't a system to do the job, and there isn't anybody that is in charge of this, as many other things.

When I call, asking if my order has been shipped, or if a product is available, they must go (in person) to the warehouse to see. I'm astonished every time.

Hi Susanna,

You have said everything...I gave up about to recover my nib...over two years has passed since I sent my nib assembly to Aurora in Torino city and NEVER  returned..no replies and finally spent time and lost money.. I had to buy a nib replace for 240 euros...I promise not buy any Aurora pen in future if that company can not offer a real and good customer service.

Thanks for your empathy and support.

Best regards,

René.