Jump to content

Lightsaber Red



Rate Topic 0

Recommended Posts

JunkerJorge

I have to do a lot of grading, editing, and annotating and I have traditionally used Noodler's Antietam. I am thinking of switching my grading pen over to my piano black Lamy Dialog3 and I am looking for a ink that will give it a Darth Vader Lightsaber vibe. I'm looking for something that is a very vibrant true red, and that will play nice in my pen. Water resistance is a plus but not a necessity. 

 

Any recommendations that I should sample?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JunkerJorge

    6

  • Switala

    4

  • inkstainedruth

    1

  • TitoThePencilPimp

    1

inkstainedruth

I haven't used Antietam, but I like Noodler's Park Red, which is pretty waterproof but well behaved.  It's a very bright red that leans just a little pink (as opposed to the ink that I consider a "true" red -- Diamine Classic Red -- which I also really like.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tinta Diamine Wild Strawberry - 30 Ml Para Caneta TinteiroTinta Diamine Red Dragon - 30 Ml Para Caneta Tinteiro

Hello Junker Jorge. Red inks are fantastic! I am using Diamine Red Dragon, but I believe the ink you are looking for is Diamine Wild Strawberry. Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
TitoThePencilPimp
7 hours ago, JunkerJorge said:

I have to do a lot of grading, editing, and annotating and I have traditionally used Noodler's Antietam. I am thinking of switching my grading pen over to my piano black Lamy Dialog3 and I am looking for a ink that will give it a Darth Vader Lightsaber vibe. I'm looking for something that is a very vibrant true red, and that will play nice in my pen. Water resistance is a plus but not a necessity. 

 

Any recommendations that I should sample?

Not sure, but to my eyes, Darth Vaders light saber looks like the color Nike calls infrared. There is an ink made by Caran d' Ache Infra Red. A bit pricey, but maybe something along these lines?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JunkerJorge
16 hours ago, inkstainedruth said:

I haven't used Antietam, but I like Noodler's Park Red, which is pretty waterproof but well behaved.  It's a very bright red that leans just a little pink (as opposed to the ink that I consider a "true" red -- Diamine Classic Red -- which I also really like.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

That looks great. Interesting story too. I will have to sample it. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JunkerJorge
15 hours ago, Switala said:

Tinta Diamine Wild Strawberry - 30 Ml Para Caneta TinteiroTinta Diamine Red Dragon - 30 Ml Para Caneta Tinteiro

Hello Junker Jorge. Red inks are fantastic! I am using Diamine Red Dragon, but I believe the ink you are looking for is Diamine Wild Strawberry. Regards

That looks really great. Added to sample list. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
JunkerJorge
8 hours ago, TitoThePencilPimp said:

Not sure, but to my eyes, Darth Vaders light saber looks like the color Nike calls infrared. There is an ink made by Caran d' Ache Infra Red. A bit pricey, but maybe something along these lines?

I'm no expert either but that looks pretty close. I wonder if I can get this in sample form. I'll have to look into it. Awesome, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have a pretty wide latitude for reds.  If you look at a still from one of the movies, Vader's lightsaber is nearly white in the center of the image, with a gradient to a pinkish halo.  I think "red" is something that our brains fill in, as if it's obviously a red thing that is glowing white-hot.  An ink that evokes that idea would be awesome.

 

It's a neat request.  In hindsight it seems obvious, like why isn't Cross offering Star Wars inks to go with their pens?

Link to post
Share on other sites
JunkerJorge
18 minutes ago, XYZZY said:

I think you have a pretty wide latitude for reds.  If you look at a still from one of the movies, Vader's lightsaber is nearly white in the center of the image, with a gradient to a pinkish halo.  I think "red" is something that our brains fill in, as if it's obviously a red thing that is glowing white-hot.  An ink that evokes that idea would be awesome.

 

It's a neat request.  In hindsight it seems obvious, like why isn't Cross offering Star Wars inks to go with their pens?

Ha. Yeah, I'm not an über fan or anything so I am not so much about the actual color as the "feel" if that makes sense. 

 

It does seem like there are a lot of missed opportunities in the ink market related to stuff like this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Escaping the topic a little, to talk about the wave of sparkling paints, Pelickan Moonstone already had some nuances when Pelikan Gold Beryl comes with this very strong vibration.

I was imagining a sparkling red paint ....

 

edelstein-golden-beryl-1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
JunkerJorge
55 minutes ago, Switala said:

Escaping the topic a little, to talk about the wave of sparkling paints, Pelickan Moonstone already had some nuances when Pelikan Gold Beryl comes with this very strong vibration.

I was imagining a sparkling red paint ....

 

edelstein-golden-beryl-1.jpg

I'm interested to see this one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JunkerJorge said:

Estou interessado em ver este. 

Possibly from April, following the pattern of Pelikan releases.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Runnin_Ute

Like Ruth, I am a big fan of Diamine Classic Red. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...