Can you help identify this Pelikan Fountain Pen ?

kavanagh

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Switala

• kavanagh

• carola

• alexwi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Switala said:

This is a Pelikan -  P370 stainless steel, model of the" New Classic" line.

Follow the link to the Werner Ruttinger page, where there is a description of his pen and most of the pens of the Pelikan brand.

<http://www.ruettinger-web.de/e-pelikan-modell-newclassic.html>

He is a great writer, I wish him a good time.

Switala, thanks for the identification.

The nib on my pen looks physically different to the one in ruettinger pictures?. My nib is not flared on the sides, it is straight.

Also are the classic series wet writers or dry writers ?.

Caneta Pelikan Tinteiro Antiga Germany Estojo Estou Postando Caneta Pelikan Tinteiro Antiga Germany Estojo Estou Postando

Kavanagh, the nibs that accompanied the P 370s were like the ones in the photo I attached. Observing the nib of your pen, inagine that it is of a P 70, pen of the same line and same period, they can be changed without prejudice to the operation. I cannot say that your pen was manufactured in this configuration. They are excellent writers, both the P370 and the P 70 write wet. Regards

10 hours ago, Switala said:

This is a Pelikan -  P370 stainless steel, model of the" New Classic" line.

Follow the link to the Werner Ruttinger page, where there is a description of his pen and most of the pens of the Pelikan brand.

<http://www.ruettinger-web.de/e-pelikan-modell-newclassic.html>

He is a great writer, I wish him a good time.

After many months of feeling blah about buying a new pen, you might just well have planted the seed of my next impulse purchase in my mind.

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

14 hours ago, Switala said:

Caneta Pelikan Tinteiro Antiga Germany Estojo Estou Postando Caneta Pelikan Tinteiro Antiga Germany Estojo Estou Postando

Kavanagh, the nibs that accompanied the P 370s were like the ones in the photo I attached. Observing the nib of your pen, inagine that it is of a P 70, pen of the same line and same period, they can be changed without prejudice to the operation. I cannot say that your pen was manufactured in this configuration. They are excellent writers, both the P370 and the P 70 write wet. Regards

Switala - thanks for the information.

It does have a small ding in the barrel of the body- as long as the nib is not affected.

9 hours ago, alexwi said:

After many months of feeling blah about buying a new pen, you might just well have planted the seed of my next impulse purchase in my mind.

Alex

Alex, I have the same problem - I’m using mind affirmations “you will not buy a fountain pen” ...and so far....it hasn’t worked😔

11 hours ago, alexwi said:

Depois de muitos meses sentindo-se blá sobre a compra de uma caneta nova, você pode muito bem ter plantado a semente de minha próxima compra por impulso em minha mente.

Alex

Alex, I haven't been able to contain those urges ... especially when it comes to Pelikan pens. The last acquisition was a LEVEL 5, white gold nib ... manufactured in the late 90's. It is this blue one at the top of the photo, I was positively surprised by her writing and looking for a few are found by very accessible values. Curiosity: keeps 4ml of ink in the barrel ...

WP_20210113_14_39_13_Rich (2).jpg

2 hours ago, kavanagh said:

Switala - obrigado pela informação.

Ele tem uma pequena marca no cano do corpo - contanto que a ponta não seja afetada.

Alex, eu tenho o mesmo problema - estou usando afirmações mentais “você não vai comprar uma caneta-tinteiro” ... e até agora ... não funcionou 😔

Kavanagh, I noticed the ding in the barrel of your pen. A good professional who works with pens can greatly improve the appearance, becoming almost imperceptible. Stainless steel is difficult to work because it is hard but it accepts well the work that must be done. But if it were mine it would keep it that way, it doesn't affect the operation at all. Are you thinking of using disposable cartridges or a converter?

2 hours ago, Switala said:

Alex, I haven't been able to contain those urges ... especially when it comes to Pelikan pens. The last acquisition was a LEVEL 5, white gold nib ... manufactured in the late 90's. It is this blue one at the top of the photo, I was positively surprised by her writing and looking for a few are found by very accessible values. Curiosity: keeps 4ml of ink in the barrel ...

WP_20210113_14_39_13_Rich (2).jpg

That 101N frankenpen... Did you assemble it yourself? How many pens are that? Four? 😃

1 minute ago, carola said:

Esse Frankenpen 101N ... Você mesmo montou? Quantas canetas são? Quatro? 😃

Hello Carola, I call it the Frankenpelikan pen🤣 ... I used leftovers of 5 pens to assemble this beauty. Great pride for me and fantastic writing!

5 minutes ago, Switala said:

Hello Carola, I call it the Frankenpelikan pen🤣 ... I used leftovers of 5 pens to assemble this beauty. Great pride for me and fantastic writing!

Thought so... Looks odd and yet strangely appealing. 😄

Back to life for the leftovers. 👍

8 minutes ago, carola said:

Achei que sim ... Parece estranho, mas estranhamente atraente. 😄

De volta à vida para as sobras. 👍

I agree with you, it is an exotic bird on the perch, with its charm. And the most immortal functional. Rick Propas had fun unraveling the origin of the parts of this pen, whenever it appears it yields a good conversation.

Pelikan made a dry ink the 4001 series, so made a wet nib to meet in the middle.

Waterman on the whole made a narrow nib so made a wet ink to meet in the middle.

Times change many Noodler ink users think Waterman is a dry ink.:o

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

@ kavanagh -- Hanging out on FPN for very long you'll find that it NEVER works.  Because there are too many threads which will make you go "Oooh, shiny!"

@ Switala -- Oh I would have LOVED to have been there for the conversation with Rick Propas.  That would have been entertaining!  I went to a class he and Janet Wright did at a pen show a couple of years ago on collecting vintage Pelikans.  BIG mistake -- because now I REALLY want one of those old 100s (especially with a blue marble -- or striped?  I forget which-- binde) and absolutely can NOT afford them.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 14/01/2021 at 16:03, inkstainedruth said:

@ kavanagh - Passando muito tempo no FPN, você descobrirá que NUNCA funciona. Porque há muitos fios que vão fazer você ficar "Oooh, brilhante!"

@ Switala - Oh, eu AMARIA ter estado lá para a conversa com Rick Propas. Isso teria sido divertido! Eu fui a uma aula que ele e Janet Wright fizeram em um show de caneta alguns anos atrás sobre colecionar Pelikans vintage. GRANDE erro - porque agora eu REALMENTE quero um daqueles 100s antigos (especialmente com uma bola de gude azul - ou listrado? Eu esqueci qual - binde) e absolutamente NÃO posso pagar por eles .... : wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson inkstainedruth

Ruth,

undoubtedly collecting Pelikans is a challenge for the price and its rarity, especially in my region.

But I do not give up, I am always attentive and in recent years I have had good results in the hunt.

We always need to have our holy grail pen, and when we do, we aim for another ...

it moves us to save vintage fountain pens from those who don't value them.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:18 PM, Switala said:

Kavanagh, I noticed the ding in the barrel of your pen. A good professional who works with pens can greatly improve the appearance, becoming almost imperceptible. Stainless steel is difficult to work because it is hard but it accepts well the work that must be done. But if it were mine it would keep it that way, it doesn't affect the operation at all. Are you thinking of using disposable cartridges or a converter?

Switala, I’m going to use ‘universal standard international ink cartridges’ ....please make my day and confirm that they do fit the P370?. 
I think I will keep the ‘ding’ - it gives the pen a unique history 😉

On 1/14/2021 at 7:03 PM, inkstainedruth said:

@ kavanagh -- Hanging out on FPN for very long you'll find that it NEVER works.  Because there are too many threads which will make you go "Oooh, shiny!"

My problem is my ever growing pen collection. I keep promising myself that I will thin the herd - but it hardly ever happens ( my girlfriend found a fountain pen in the medicine cabinet ....that was the last straw for her )

45 minutes ago, kavanagh said:

Switala, vou usar 'cartuchos de tinta internacionais padrão' ... por favor, aproveite o dia e confirme se eles servem no P370 ?. 
Acho que vou guardar o 'ding' - dá à caneta uma história única 😉

Meu problema é minha coleção cada vez maior de canetas. Eu continuo me prometendo que vou diminuir o rebanho - mas isso quase nunca acontece. Esse maravilhoso fluxo e cheiro de tinta é muito viciante!

Kavanagh, Standard cartridges will work perfectly.