What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

3 minutes ago, BinaEliora said:

My pens for today are:

Sailor 1911L Realo Black, M, Diamine Oxford Blue

Pelikan 120 Iconic Blue, F, 4001 Blue Black

Welcome to FPN, BinaEliora!

I have those exact two pens going into my rotation tomorrow, though my Realo is red and filled with Diamine Presidential Blue, and my 120 is green and filled with 4001 Brilliant Black...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20201013_153128.thumb.jpg.893646d0339f84b3fff0deb0401336f9.jpgA Conway Stewart 100, limited edition in Coral Green, No. 12/50, with a fine italic 18ct nib, filled with CS St.Blazey red ink. A beautiful pen and ink combination.

Edison Collier in Molten Ores, inked with RO Midnight Sapphire, and a Pelikan 400 NN inked with Toni & Lims Sachertorte.

5471A7AF-6A09-44DC-BCB3-BAE6BBD5E896.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Carrau said:

Edison Collier in Molten Ores, inked with RO Midnight Sapphire, and a Pelikan 400 NN inked with Toni & Lims Sachertorte.

5471A7AF-6A09-44DC-BCB3-BAE6BBD5E896.jpeg

May I ask: what is the year of manufacture of that Collier (beautiful pen, BTW)?

Most of the "Molten Ores" pens from Edison I have seen were much more grey and brown and much less blue.

Thanks N1003U, it was made this year, and it is a slate blue-grey.  I don’t see any brown in it at all.  The chatoyance gives parts of it a silver appearance as well.  This material has been in their catalogue for a long time, so perhaps the recipe has been modified?  If you’d like more pics I’d be glad to PM some to you.

4 hours ago, warblerick said:

20201013_153128.thumb.jpg.893646d0339f84b3fff0deb0401336f9.jpgA Conway Stewart 100, limited edition in Coral Green, No. 12/50, with a fine italic 18ct nib, filled with CS St.Blazey red ink. A beautiful pen and ink combination.

Beautiful!

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

6 hours ago, N1003U said:

Welcome to FPN, BinaEliora!

I have those exact two pens going into my rotation tomorrow, though my Realo is red and filled with Diamine Presidential Blue, and my 120 is green and filled with 4001 Brilliant Black...

That's rather close 🙂 

Is is a vintage 120 from the 50/60ies or the modern version? I do have a green 120 from the 50ies with an M nib (my aunt gave it to me). It is semi-retired right now, started leaking at the piston knob and needs some repair.

4 hours ago, Carrau said:

Two beautiful pens. Especially the Pelikan.

9 hours ago, BinaEliora said:

Is is a vintage 120 from the 50/60ies or the modern version?

My 120 is modern, but Pelikan did a nice job of preserving the look and feel compared to the vintage models, and I like the springy steel nib.

19 hours ago, N1003U said:

My 120 is modern, but Pelikan did a nice job of preserving the look and feel compared to the vintage models, and I like the springy steel nib.

Yes, the nib is great. It also looks nice.

Today's pens are:

Pilot Custom 823 Smoke, M, Iroshizuku Shin Kai

Pelikan M101N Bright Red, F, Noodler Red Black

Edited by BinaEliora

A Jinhao 992 with a partial fill of De Atramentis Document Brown.

The ink was in a piston filler, getting low and at risk of burping - I was about to top it up with more of the same, then realised I could dump the rest of the ink into a vial and syringe it into a cartridge or converter to use it up. I don't like wasting ink so just cleaning it out wasn't happening. I don't know why I didn't think of doing this before - I've been choosing an ink for piston fillers and staying with it for years to avoid wasting that last 0.5ml each time it got low. Didn't stop to think about it. Silly me. :blush:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

Montblanc 144 black fine.  Diamine ultra green ink.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

For me today it’s a Pelikan M1005 Stresemann in M with Edelstein Tanzanite, a green-black M800 in F with Diamine Presidential Blue, and a red Lamy Safari in a 1.1mm stub with Edelstein Topaz.

A blue day...

EDIT: the red Safari went dry and was replaced by a blue medium (also full of Topaz), and now a Sharpie has joined the party.

22D19DFC-6DCD-431D-89C4-F34A419D30B8.jpeg