What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Parker 51 Demi, Plum, fine 

Parker Victory, Burgundy Pearl (I think), semi-flexible XF

Peyton Street Pen Works Prototype, medium CI

Kuretake #8 brush pen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cross Peerless, gold - medium nib. 

It's one of the pens in my collection that I pick up and think, why did I ever put this down - and why did I buy more pens after buyig this one?

I didn't even know the Toledo was a Hunter until I came on com.

All I knew was it was sort of Odd, but I'd never again get a chance at winning a Toledo. Even this sort of odd one...

It was the second Toledo I ever touched.

The 7 pens were in a plastic bag. One of the pens was a W.Germany 800 OM...(.in the other plastic bag were two W.Germany 800's and OF&OB.....don't remember which other pens were in the second bag. )

All in the picture are 18K nibs, The MB Noblisse and the C'dA are nails. The rest are regular flex.

IMO the original owner died in @ '94 in there were no later great pens, and never saved the boxes or the widow threw them out.....or I'd never been afford that lot if boxed. Think the widow lasted to last year, or they would have been sold earlier.

I go to live auctions often, and have seen many a fine collections of anything  get scattered to the winds. Often all one can do is admire the good taste and determination required to achieve a grand collection.  So will be with us all. Unless we get advanced notice and scatter them ourselves.

DaYPoQV.jpg

The wood burl (plastic) one is a Diplomat.(writes very nice, has good balance) The black pens, W.Germany 800 is an '88-89. The Waterman Mann 200 is @ '90, the MB 149 is a W.Germany one....so  @ '90. The Hunter is a '93 one, of which they only made 3,000. Those are regular flex...like a modern 200.

The lady at the Auction house pointed out the Waterman...I touched and fondled only the 800 and the Toledo.I had sworn long ago I'd never have an 800 unless it was a W.Germany one.

Here was my chance.

A decade ago the first and only time I had a 149 in my hands, use to standard and medium-long pens found it Humongous. A decade later having a hand full of Large pens, it's still big, but not as huge as it once was....still a bit too thick for me.

The Hunter has a Stirling silver overlay and trim. It is a heavy pen, and posted it sits in the pit of the web of my thumb. So I'll have to use it unposted, and change back to Tripod, in I normally use 'forefinger up'. (Therefore find Large pens; too small unposted and ill balanced posted.)

I was astound that a nib from that era '82-97 could have a case of baby bottom. It was a B. It was on a special pen, so someone over polished the nib.

Took me two passes along the buff stick to get rid of it. A second on very rough, same on rough and 10-15 seconds on smooth.

And a total of half a minute  on the sheet of micro mesh in I wanted to do my circles and squiggles wider.and 15 seconds if that on the two lap films to get back to smooth.

I was very pleased it went so fast, In I really didn't want to work at it.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

6 hours ago, sandy101 said:

Cross Peerless, gold - medium nib. 

It's one of the pens in my collection that I pick up and think, why did I ever put this down - and why did I buy more pens after buyig this one?

I have a FEW pens that make me think that, LOL. 

A yellow celluloid Merlin Merlina with an interesting tree-bark -like pattern. 14K Rupp nib in Fine, bouncy and nice.

spacer.png

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

Delta 82 Fusion

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

3 hours ago, penwash said:

A yellow celluloid Merlin Merlina with an interesting tree-bark -like pattern. 14K Rupp nib in Fine, bouncy and nice.

spacer.png

Delicious - love the drawing, love the pen :)

Today I`m toying with glossy black Kaweco Colleg, springy oblique bold nib, inked with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise.

20210625_120238-1.thumb.jpg.9f8f340a802f4f1bd84b2f5c636d3018.jpg

Regards, Alexey

21 hours ago, mizgeorge said:

Delicious - love the drawing, love the pen :)

Thank you. Glad to see you here as well :)

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

Wing Sung 836, NOS inked with Diamine Oxblood.  First test run today, smooth fine (to me) nib.

IMG_0602.jpg

11 minutes ago, NgunnawalJack said:

Wing Sung 836, NOS inked with Diamine Oxblood.  First test run today, smooth fine (to me) nib.

IMG_0602.jpg

Lovely pen.

And thank you for reminding me how lovely Oxblood looks, especially on bright white papers: I have a bottle but have not used it in a while. The texted inked pen may very well get a charge of Oxblood. :)

Today it is a Pelikan M215 with a factory italic nib, and an M1000 EF that I am increasingly enjoying after some days with it.

F53B7F9A-A60C-41B6-9AD2-EA7BBED15F3E.jpeg

My 150 again with MV Sappire *and* a little Herbin roller with KWZ Maroon. I had filled the Herbin over a week ago but it just wouldn't write despite the ink I could see in the section. I was beginning to think it was defective and almost threw it away but yesterday when I tried it yet again, it wrote. Yay!

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.