What Pen Are You Using Today in 2021/22?

HogwldFLTR

Crocodile  168 - M. nib.  Ink:  Iroshizuku Kon Peki

Jinhao 777 - F/M nib.  Ink:  Diamine Apple Glory

WIN_20210619_11_12_36_Pro.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• inkstainedruth

• N1003U

• ParramattaPaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing new today. I just wanted to say I never get tired of looking at all these beautiful pens.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Last Friday and Saturday, this Thursday and then again last night I used my 150. What a lovely little thing it is. The MV Sapphire is great, too.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled, stub ground by Gena Salorino, with Chesterfield Xircon

large.0A227FD5-5F85-4C99-B75A-8661B14B9893.jpeg.b793ed36c7252c29d12db9acad97f466.jpeg

Today it`s Soviet AR-8500 (made in Kharkiv in 1970s), 14K "stub-ish" nib, inked with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown.

20210621_114526f.thumb.jpg.a685f0799dddf0bef55752adea2d861a.jpg

Regards, Alexey

The Waldman Xetra Vienna (in white) with medium nib, filled with Ferris Wheel Press Grape Ice Pop.

The ink underperforms a bit at indoor artificial light but is a blast in direct sunlight!2061467781_20210621Waldman.thumb.jpeg.d21850c8d8be80bc87e9ee916498e3ad.jpeg

One life!

On 6/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, Doug C said:

Nothing new today. I just wanted to say I never get tired of looking at all these beautiful pens.

Me too! 😇

23 hours ago, readytotalk said:

Today it`s Soviet AR-8500 (made in Kharkiv in 1970s), 14K "stub-ish" nib, inked with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown.

20210621_114526f.thumb.jpg.a685f0799dddf0bef55752adea2d861a.jpg

Beautiful.  Haven’t seen much in the way of Russian pens, modern or Soviet-era.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:32 PM, NgunnawalJack said:

Parker 45 Forest Green which arrived today from Spain.

A welcome replacement for the one I received from my parents when I reached high school in 196x and subsequently destroyed, except for the cap, when I reached university.  This one brings back good memories and I have put the original cap in as it was engraved - a big tradition back then.

Its inked and in use with an ancient Quink permanent blue/black cartridge.  Now I need to find an ink converter, that is similar to the original, with an intact ink sack.  The "new" piston converters are OK, but my nostalgic trip requires the old style.

IMG_0666.jpg

Thank you Number Six for your generosity.  The converter arrived today via USPS. Only 18 days.  Must be some kind of record these days.

Into the pen tomorrow….after I’ve been into the city to collect some Diamine inks.

EC353791-7A72-4B25-B97B-F0E256B5A2E7.jpeg

Colorful day.

Pelikan White Tortoise 

Pelikan 710 Toledo

Ian Shon RB

20210622_084520.jpg

the Danitrio Fellowship

27 minutes ago, Doug C said:

Colorful day.

Pelikan White Tortoise 

Pelikan 710 Toledo

Ian Shon RB

20210622_084520.jpg

Lovely. I don't think I have ever a red Toledo in person. I'd like to some day.

Is that tortoise an M400 or M600?

On 6/4/2021 at 9:29 PM, jandrew said:

Ranga Bamboo -- originally matte black ebonite, but now I've done some inlay work and given it more of a satin finish. 

j4-1.jpg.91564478b82bfcbb3556d2e819d28bba.jpg

This is amazing work Jandrew, how did you inlay this pen? 

18 minutes ago, TinyTim said:

This is amazing work Jandrew, how did you inlay this pen? 

Thanks.

I carved out "veins/grooves" with a little battery operated engraving tool (previously, on a different pen, I have used my dremel, and would do it that way again --- the little engraving tool provides more control in hand, but just doesn't cut like the dremel).

Then I mixed small amounts of CA glue and a turquoise mica powder to fill/pack the grooves. Then it was a matter of sanding down, touch up fills, more sanding, and polishing.  

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Technically yesterday's pen, but oh well...

A freshly restored Uni-Flow pen from the 1940s.

spacer.png

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

3 minutes ago, penwash said:

spacer.png

Always love your sketches and pens --- but this pen is really gorgeous!

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Using a few pens today.  A very large piston filler Omega Gigante.  EF bicolored nib. 

05494380-6CF5-4B71-A70F-A1BC43EEF3D9.jpeg

1 hour ago, penwash said:

spacer.png

That pen is amazing...

The art is great too! (I didn't see it at first because I was staring at the pen, LOL)

1 hour ago, jandrew said:

Always love your sketches and pens --- but this pen is really gorgeous!

Why thank you. I don't often post on FPN, you must have seen my sketches somewhere else :)

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens