H.P. Lovecraft's Pen & Ink

WhiteStarPens

Better light... The cream colour of the Basildon Bond is more subtle than I remember.

IMG_20210128_124557__01__01.jpg

W.S.P

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WhiteStarPens

• JayHomeBody

• yazeh

• inkstainedruth

JayHomeBody

So uh.... I saw this post on reddit from u/Cult-O-Cthulhu. 

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

WhiteStarPens
1 hour ago, yazeh said:

Not bad at all. What ink is that? 

Diamine Aurora Borealis, the closest match to the original annotations I've found so far.

W.S.P

JayHomeBody
24 minutes ago, WhiteStarPens said:

Diamine Aurora Borealis, the closest match to the original annotations I've found so far.

I JUST got this and I'm so excited to try it!

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

Detman101
2 hours ago, JayHomeBody said:

So uh.... I saw this post on reddit from u/Cult-O-Cthulhu. 

Buying this De Atramentis Pearlescent Heliogen Green - Gold as soon as february hits!
Vanness Pens stocks it. May as well pick up that bottle of P.E. Smoky Quartz from them as well...

WhiteStarPens

Mine arrived this morning and I'm very pleased with it. A fitting colour for HPL and well behaved too.

1 hour ago, JayHomeBody said:

I JUST got this and I'm so excited to try it!

W.S.P

JayHomeBody
34 minutes ago, Detman101 said:

Buying this De Atramentis Pearlescent Heliogen Green - Gold as soon as february hits!
Vanness Pens stocks it. May as well pick up that bottle of P.E. Smoky Quartz from them as well...

Awesome! I'm gonna have to save up for a bottle, I'm super excited! 

inkstainedruth
On 1/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, BigBlot said:

He's not quite a Writer of the Purple Page

:lticaptd:

I haven't really read any Lovecraft (horror is more my brother's thing) but I'm laughing because I HAVE read Zane Gray's Riders of the Purple Sage (or, as I described it afterwards, "Riders of the Purple Prose".

No, I don't normally read Westerns -- but when we first moved back to Pittsburgh and were house-hunting, we were renting a house from some friends who were out of the country and didn't want their house sitting empty.  One of them had left the book in the bathroom and I idly picked it up to read.... :blush:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Detman101
20 hours ago, JayHomeBody said:

Awesome! I'm gonna have to save up for a bottle, I'm super excited! 

Sounds great!
We will be happier in 2021 with these inks!