Paying it Forward: Parker Sonnet

Ed333

I was fortunate enough to be recipient of a really nice PIF this holiday season, and I want to keep the spirit going, so I don't know if this is really a PIF or a thank you "Paying In Arrears", but here goes.

Parker Sonnet Fountain Pen in Lacquered Black with Gold Trim - Fine Point

This is "as new" (purchased new by me) in a clamshell gift box with sleeve, and I will ship it with two Parker Quink cartridges, one black, one blue, and the converter it came with, the converter has never been used.  These Sonnet's are made in France, have a slip/cap like the Watermans made in France, and brass in the construction for a nice weight in hand.  Not too big, not too small.  Gold plated steel nib, very smooth, has only been inked a couple of times by me.  

Let me know, either by message or posting in the thread, if you would like to be in the running to have this pen, perhaps with a note as to how it might fit in with your pen progress. 

I will pick a recipient before month end.  Good luck!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mar_

• Ed333

• LMpensandthings

• rkesey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm interested. First, I LOVE slip caps and there are so few slip caps being made. I have a baoer388 which is said to be a Sonnet clone and I its just feels great. I own one Parker only, a Parker 51 made in 1948 that would be a great older brother to the Sonnet 😄

How generous! And what a beautiful pen :wub: I'm a FP newcomer and I've never tried a Parker pen before - this one is just gorgeous. There's just something so classic about the black and gold. I'm about to begin a PhD program and I would love to have an everyday writer with a fine point that wouldn't bleed through notebook paper while taking notes in my lectures or through paper while grading student assignments. My handful of pens are all medium or broad nibs and I've been thinking they're all just too wet to be practical in my writing on campus!

Please put me in the running - and thank you again for the chance! :) 

🐌 💌 📬 Snail mail enthusiast & ink swatching fiend. Trade inks with me here🎨🌈🖋️

round-letter-exc.pnground-ink-exc.png

So cool! I'd like to throw my hat I'm, please? I used to have a p51 before, and it was my edc, and I miss it so much. I've been trying to get back into writing, and I just picked up a new penpal! I'd love to get a second pen 💜

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

I love the spirit of passing on the gifts. I'm a newer pen owner and hobbyist starting on Christmas. I got a nice fude Nib pen but I feel like I am not improving my penmanship with it due to my inconsistency in pen angle of attack and it's reaction. Using a normal Nib may actually be a great place to start improving. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to get myself another pen or the guts to ask anyone really. I'd be honored if chosen, but if I'm not, I'd love to watch the writings others create with it. Fun fact my first, only, and favorite ink is parker quink blue black

MAR Watermark.png
fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Indiana . USA

Thank you for the opportunity! Very nice of you! 

I’ve been interested in growing out my collection to more “professional” looking pens as I am looking at beginning law school in the Fall. I think having a nice looking pen like this would fit really well in my current collection and start me in the direction that I want to move my collection to. Currently I have a vintage Parker 45 GT in F that I love. 

Thanks again for the opportunity! Good luck everyone! 

I am thinking to pull the name on Inauguration Day, Wednesday.  think of it as an act of celebration.  🙂

3 minutes ago, Ed333 said:

I am thinking to pull the name on Inauguration Day, Wednesday.  think of it as an act of celebration.  🙂

This is rather interesting! I'd see no issues with it. 

MAR Watermark.png
fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Indiana . USA

11 minutes ago, Ed333 said:

No better time to do it! 

13 hours ago, Ed333 said:

I love it! Sounds great 😊

🐌 💌 📬 Snail mail enthusiast & ink swatching fiend. Trade inks with me here🎨🌈🖋️

round-letter-exc.pnground-ink-exc.png

And the winner is.....Mar_!   Mar_, private message me your mailing address, and I will get this Sonnett on its way to you!  Congratulations!  And give us a writing sample if you feel OK with that....no pressure....

Thanks to all for all the good wishes, and please Celebrate InAuguration Day!  

Ed