Rate Topic 1

Hi guys do you have a weekly/monthly zoom/teams meet up? 

My boyfriend and cat are tired of me talking about pens. Nobody at work is interested. 

Want to chat fountain pens, inks and paper... writing projects, pen jobs, etc... 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkNsap

• JayHomeBody

• twigletzone

• Karmachanic

Yeah? Do you know can I make more people see this post? Maybe some enthusiastic organiser? I’ve never done something like that... but really want to. 

2 hours ago, mana said:

+1

Those can actually be a ton of fun :)

Karmachanic
3 hours ago, InkNsap said:

I’ve never done something like that... but really want to. 

Go for it!

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

¡Podemos hacer una en español también! Abre un post invitando a personas, y me cuentas a mi +1

7 hours ago, Franco Ocarez said:

I wish there was one in Spanish, I'm tired of talking in English.

Pero voy a tener que aprender el vocabulario de las estilográficas en español porque solo he leído/visto información en inglés. 

JayHomeBody

Have you tried finding or making a discord? Most have voice chatrooms. I've never looked for one, myself, but now I'm interested. This would be super cool. 

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

I have discord for online Bookclubs! We could try one for fountain pens! But isn’t discord just another type of forum? 

16 hours ago, JayHomeBody said:

Have you tried finding or making a discord? Most have voice chatrooms. I've never looked for one, myself, but now I'm interested. This would be super cool. 

JayHomeBody
3 hours ago, InkNsap said:

I have discord for online Bookclubs! We could try one for fountain pens! But isn’t discord just another type of forum? 

The one I'm in for among us has voice and video chat rooms 

I am the tarot reading, bookworm, whiskey drinking, witchcraft practicing, old fashioned writing, aunt Beasty in my family and I love it. Tarot readings for sale or trade, especially ink as I've lost all of my pen stuff from a bad burglary last year. And I need penpals! Anyone interested, please PM me!

LetterZest

I'd love to join in a Zoom meeting (or other video platform) with other fountain pen enthusiasts.

twigletzone

20 hours ago, InkNsap said:

Discord is more like a live chat than a forum, it's real time and you can do voice/video if you want to etc. I'm not super keen on it as a piece of software, it messes with my computer - I'd be more up for a Zoom, although being in the UK I'm in a very different time zone to US based folks :)

Karmachanic
27 minutes ago, twigletzone said:

I'm in a very different time zone to US based folks :)

Title of the thread is: Zoom meet-ups by region

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

twigletzone

2 hours ago, Karmachanic said:

Title of the thread is: Zoom meet-ups by region

Er... yes... that's why I referred to my region.

Excellent! 

will keep you posted then! I’m in the U.K. as well, but we could try different approaches. By region, time-zone, or general. 

On 1/14/2021 at 1:59 AM, LetterZest said:

I'd love to join in a Zoom meeting (or other video platform) with other fountain pen enthusiasts.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, twigletzone said:

Discord is more like a live chat than a forum, it's real time and you can do voice/video if you want to etc. I'm not super keen on it as a piece of software, it messes with my computer - I'd be more up for a Zoom, although being in the UK I'm in a very different time zone to US based folks :)

Our Arkansas Pen Club meets monthly via Zoom. We show our latest acquisitions and talk pens in general and discuss our next pen show.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                 My Favorite Brick and Mortar Store

Vanness Pens - Now selling Online!

On 1/14/2021 at 8:47 AM, twigletzone said:

I'm not super keen on it as a piece of software, it messes with my computer

I'd love to find out what you meant with messes with your computer? Even my really low spec laptop can run discord w/o problems? - Oh and you can run discord through a browser w/o download.

Mar_

twigletzone
9 minutes ago, Mar_ said:

I'd love to find out what you meant with messes with your computer? Even my really low spec laptop can run discord w/o problems? - Oh and you can run discord through a browser w/o download.

Oh I don't mean whether it will run on my PC. I used to work in IT support and I have Opinions about what constitutes a well-mannered piece of sotftware. Specifically, it should not start itself in the background, continue running after I close it, produce popup notifications, and generally appear to have been created in the expectation that I will let it run my life for me. Discord does all of these and hence it is, as my software engineer friends say, deprecated.

1 minute ago, twigletzone said:

Oh I don't mean whether it will run on my PC. I used to work in IT support and I have Opinions about what constitutes a well-mannered piece of sotftware. Specifically, it should not start itself in the background, continue running after I close it, produce popup notifications, and generally appear to have been created in the expectation that I will let it run my life for me. Discord does all of these and hence it is, as my software engineer friends say, deprecated.

Understood, didn't view your statement from that perspective. Pardon me :)

Though I respect your perspective, I quite fancy the software. If I ever plan on just not dealing with discord I flip the switches and prevent it from opening upon startup/closing.

IT, I find quite a lot of people who've been through IT 😛 

Mar_

JayHomeBody
7 hours ago, PAKMAN said:

Our Arkansas Pen Club meets monthly via Zoom. We show our latest acquisitions and talk pens in general and discuss our next pen show.

This is cool, are there openings for other people?