• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jennyy

• Pale.Ink.Tom

• Dutchpen

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! I looked at it! Mmm....focus, restraint, patience! Really nice colour and does have the brass 'heft' I like. (gewicht)?

πTom

9 hours ago, Gaudi95 said:

We joke about pens needing a warning label on them, 'highly addictive'! And, since most of us have limited finances, focus and restraint are helpful practices. Another Senior member and Moderator, Rakman? has posted about separate, 'Pen savings account' so the family can still buy food!😄

Thank you for your comment about my hand-writing. Clearly it's legible but amazing I'm not so sure. You are very kind to say so.

Actually you have a warm and friendly way of writing that I am enjoying very much. It has a 'PenFriend' feel about it if you don't mind me saying. 

I haven't seen a Burgundy ystudio here in NZ yet. I watched a youtube review of 'Resin'? but wondered if I would feel the same attraction without the weight of the metal body. To be honest I now believe the store that sold it to me thought of it as an experiment and will stock more models if it proves popular. It's a very small pen market here.

I like Robert Oster, "Motor Oil" ink as well. Similar looking but didn't flow so well in my pen.

Hope to chat again later

Highly addictive indeed! And that's really funny, I might have to have a separate savings account in the future. Luckily, my partner is very supportive of my hobby haha.

I like it a lot! It is very nice to have a pen friend from so far away, thank you 😊

I can imagine that it's less attractive if you enjoy a certain heft to your pens. For myself, I got very small hands, so I tend to prefer lighter pens. It's really cool that the shop is working to continue expanding. It must be hard to keep extensive stock when the demand is not that high. Hope more and more models will keep coming to NZ. Luckily, a lot of shops in the Netherlands or Italy ship for free worldwide, so it can also be fun to take a look at international websites.

9 hours ago, Jennyy said:

Highly addictive indeed! And that's really funny, I might have to have a separate savings account in the future. Luckily, my partner is very supportive of my hobby haha.

You are lucky to have a supportive partner and not a collector also. Two in one family would be very expensive!

I like it a lot! It is very nice to have a pen friend from so far away, thank you 😊

I'm sure their must be others who enjoy the person connection that penfriends feel. I'm a bit self-conscious when I start chatting I forget how public it is. Maybe there is a penfriend corner or we invent one! (forum)

Technically we are still in the intro forum!

It's really cool that the shop is working to continue expanding. It must be hard to keep extensive stock when the demand is not that high. Hope more and more models will keep coming to NZ.

It is difficult for the smaller shops. I remind myself that NZ has only the population of a single European city! Nobody wants to be holding expensive stock that is not selling. There is a small, and active vintage trading market and several repair enthusiast that we find working away quietly in small towns.

And finally I send apologies to esteemed moderator Pakman for misspelling his name in reference to the 'savings account' posts.

Bye for now, G

πTom

On 1/9/2021 at 6:01 AM, MBDostoevsky said:

Hello Jenny and welcome to the FPN Family

You will learn a lot here...

Thank you! 

13 hours ago, Gaudi95 said:

You are lucky to have a supportive partner and not a collector also. Two in one family would be very expensive!

I'm sure their must be others who enjoy the person connection that penfriends feel. I'm a bit self-conscious when I start chatting I forget how public it is. Maybe there is a penfriend corner or we invent one! (forum)

Technically we are still in the intro forum!

It is difficult for the smaller shops. I remind myself that NZ has only the population of a single European city! Nobody wants to be holding expensive stock that is not selling. There is a small, and active vintage trading market and several repair enthusiast that we find working away quietly in small towns.

And finally I send apologies to esteemed moderator Pakman for misspelling his name in reference to the 'savings account' posts.

Bye for now, G

That's true! I gifted him a fountain pen once, and he was very enthusiastic about it, but then never really wrote with it again cause he's not used to writing with it, but he respects it a lot haha.

I wonder how to start a penfriend forum, I haven't figured out completely how everything works here... I was surprised that I wasn't able to find one, though!

It is really fun and interesting to hear about the different communities in different countries! The fact that there is such a small community makes me respect the people that try to build something even more :)

Anyway, maybe we can try to figure out how to set up a penpal forum!

I agree, I respect those who carry on this craft/art tradition alone in many cases. I've lived in a small city but prefer very small towns or near forests and beaches. I've been living in an apple orchard for 10 years now. Can't imagine living in a city like Amsterdam!

I have been searching the site. There is so much going on here! What do you think about, "The Write Stuff" forum?

It looks like a good place to start. Many ideas about writing and friendships etc

Kind wishes, G

πTom

21 hours ago, Gaudi95 said:

I agree, I respect those who carry on this craft/art tradition alone in many cases. I've lived in a small city but prefer very small towns or near forests and beaches. I've been living in an apple orchard for 10 years now. Can't imagine living in a city like Amsterdam!

I have been searching the site. There is so much going on here! What do you think about, "The Write Stuff" forum?

It looks like a good place to start. Many ideas about writing and friendships etc

Kind wishes, G

Truth is, we're only planning to move to Amsterdam in 2 months. Before that I have been living my whole life in a super tiny farm village hahaha. Although, I have lived in big cities like Beijing, it is always the best to come back to this simpeler life. "The Write Stuff" forum sounds like a very nice place! Could you possibly link me to it? Thanks a lot!

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/forum/32-the-write-stuff/

Hope you can find this writing forum. I'm only guessing how to link to it. If this doesn't work can go there from 'home' page. It's down the list of forums past, repair Q+A and pen brands and ink reviews etc.

That's fun! Now you are going to the city!

We don't have open borders here in New Zealand but Australia is the closest country 2000km west. I shopped online today for 3 new ink colours from Australia, (Tasmania). I like this one from "Van Dieman's Ink, Wilderness series"EucalyptusRegnansswatch_360x.jpg.54aa496d60475a415fa3510415b48477.jpg

πTom

On 1/8/2021 at 10:07 PM, Jennyy said:

Funnily, I've never tried Akkerman's ink, even though the bottles look amazing. I will probably hop by the physical store when the lockdown is over. 

Hi Jenny, welkom in dit warme nest (maar ook schadelijk voor je bankrekening).

Yes, you really should visit the store in Den Haag! (I once bought my bottle of Bekakt Haags there. Beautifull surroundings, very nice shop, nice collection. Grumpy owner, at least that day he was. La Couronne is my personal favourite in the Benelux).

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

23 hours ago, Gaudi95 said:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/forum/32-the-write-stuff/

Hope you can find this writing forum. I'm only guessing how to link to it. If this doesn't work can go there from 'home' page. It's down the list of forums past, repair Q+A and pen brands and ink reviews etc.

That's fun! Now you are going to the city!

We don't have open borders here in New Zealand but Australia is the closest country 2000km west. I shopped online today for 3 new ink colours from Australia, (Tasmania). I like this one from "Van Dieman's Ink, Wilderness series

That's a beautiful ink! Thank you for sharing such a nice picture! I look forward to seeing the inks when you have received them! Currently most of my inks are J. Herbin since I quite like the wetness of them, but since I'm not really short on inks right now, I prefer to keep some items on my shopping list when I can finally visit the physical stores :)

It completely slipped my mind that New Zealand is one of the few countries handling the pandemic seriously and responsibly. In this case you're quite lucky to be surrounded by a sea haha. 

I'll be looking forward to continue chatting on the other forum!

15 hours ago, KaB said:

Hi Jenny, welkom in dit warme nest (maar ook schadelijk voor je bankrekening).

Yes, you really should visit the store in Den Haag! (I once bought my bottle of Bekakt Haags there. Beautifull surroundings, very nice shop, nice collection. Grumpy owner, at least that day he was. La Couronne is my personal favourite in the Benelux).

Haha dankjewel!! Deze hobby is tot nu toe erg schadelijk geweest voor m'n bankrekening :(

Wow so good to hear that there's an Akkerman in Den Haag as well! My bf and I will be moving either there or Amsterdam. It will be super dangerous having a fountain pen store so close by. The names of the Akkerman inks are very creative and funny haha. Ooff too sad hopefully he was just met het verkeerde been uit bed gestapt! I've been to La Couronne! Most of my orders are from them and the people working there are very friendly and patient, although their in-store stock is a bit more limited than their website, but to me customer service is a much more important part of the experience.

Hello Jenny, I hope you're doing well. Some exciting news. My new "ystudio copper portable" is on it's way. I asked a local pen store owner in NZ to order one for me even though he doesn't stock them. He said yes! He also agreed to make payment in 2, 3 or 4 instalments! He is making it as easy as possible for me and building a strong relationship for future sales. We are helping each other in a very small market. 

According to Australia Post website my "Van Dieman's" ink order is about to depart Melbourne Airport for Auckland, New Zealand tonight so it will be here next week.

Then I can see that beautiful 'Eucalyptus Green'. Another ink arriving soon is 'Tassie Salmon'. Can you imagine such a salmon pink colour in a bright, new, copper pen? Sounds crazy but it might just work!

Very lucky to be able to share my happiness with new pen friends. This is 'our thing' as they say!😄

πTom

On 1/15/2021 at 11:48 AM, Gaudi95 said:

Hello Jenny, I hope you're doing well. Some exciting news. My new "ystudio copper portable" is on it's way. I asked a local pen store owner in NZ to order one for me even though he doesn't stock them. He said yes! He also agreed to make payment in 2, 3 or 4 instalments! He is making it as easy as possible for me and building a strong relationship for future sales. We are helping each other in a very small market. 

According to Australia Post website my "Van Dieman's" ink order is about to depart Melbourne Airport for Auckland, New Zealand tonight so it will be here next week.

Then I can see that beautiful 'Eucalyptus Green'. Another ink arriving soon is 'Tassie Salmon'. Can you imagine such a salmon pink colour in a bright, new, copper pen? Sounds crazy but it might just work!

Very lucky to be able to share my happiness with new pen friends. This is 'our thing' as they say!😄

Hi Gaudi, that is such exciting news! Sorry for my late reply, I haven't been logging in as often. Sounds like you got a lot of fountain pen gifts to look forward to! I have to say it's amazing that your local retailer is really trying to make things work for his/her customers. I'm sure a new business relationship is blooming here, as you'll probably always think of this shop when you want to buy something in the future. Copper and salmon actually sounds like a fantastic combination! Hopefully, all your inks and your new pen will be to your satisfaction! Let me know how you like it. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome back Jenny and thanks for you thoughtful reply.

I hope you are safe and well in the Netherlands.

Yes, I anticipate some good 'pen' news soon.

I'll let you know.

Are you still finding time for pen and ink fun?

Kind wishes, G

πTom