Radius1934 re-birth

dms525

Does anyone have experience yet with the reborn Radius1934? Somehow I got the notion that Leonardo is actually making these pens. True?

David

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• da vinci

• fabri00

• nightwing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t, but I am very tempted too! I have met the owner at the Madrid pen show. 99.99% certain that the company makes their own pens but would need to check to be sure. I am certain that the owner would be happy to answer your questions. A nice chap.

Well, I broke down and ordered a red model with a B nib and a custom grind to CI. This is such a limited edition, I was afraid of missing out if I waited for reviews. The nibs look like JoWo's to me but with a custom-made feed. The feed looks a lot like the ones Leonardo is making for their gold-nibbed models.

David

How did you order? Did you contact them directly?

When I try to follow the link to the website from their FB page, it gives me a hosting error.

12 hours ago, Storch said:

How did you order? Did you contact them directly?

When I try to follow the link to the website from their FB page, it gives me a hosting error.

I got the error message from their web site too. I ordered from fontoplumo. It's the only store I found listing Radius1934 pens. Radius' social media say you can order directly from the company, but the Superior models may be sold out by now. I'm not sure.

David

11 hours ago, fabri00 said:

It is available in some pen shops.

I'm sure some others would appreciate knowing who has them in stock. (I got mine!)

David

On 1/6/2021 at 2:07 AM, dms525 said:

Well, I broke down and ordered a red model with a B nib and a custom grind to CI.

David, when I saw the material of the red model... it looked like the Rosso Verde material of your Stipula Etruria Facetted pen. That is, it looks like red with smaller green chunks running through it.

Would you mind posting a comparison pictures of the two pens side-by-side?

Ruben

7 hours ago, RubenDh said:

Dave, when I saw the material of the red model... it looked like the Rosso Verde material of your Stipula Etruria Facetted pen. That is, it looks like red with smaller green chunks running through it.

Would you mind posting a comparison pictures of the two pens side-by-side?

Ruben

I obviously was attracted to the red resin, but I don't see green in it, only red, gray and black. In any case, I am sure I will post photos when I get it. I expect it will be at least a couple of weeks because of the nib customization.

David

My Radius Superior arrived yesterday! I am very impressed with it in lots of ways. I plan to do a first look review later today. In the meantime, here is a side by side photo of the red resin, comparing it to the Rosso Verde celluloid.

2086051059_Radiusvsrossoverde.jpg.f4f2849f327d57903caa4d8795a0a8a7.jpg

For context, here's a photo of the whole Radius:

1878805072_RadiusSuperiorred.jpg.0377f9abb538f3a98dc69150eba2fdf9.jpg

Stay tuned for further developments!

David

2 hours ago, Carrau said:

Congratulations on your new pen.  You’ve been seeing “red” lately!

Hmmm ... Two of the last seven pens I have purchased have been red.

David

I have exchanged a couple messages with the Radius1934 owners. They say they plan a "standard production" release in February.

How about a little writing sample in the meantime?

810382910_Radiuswritingsmple2.jpg.8a3beba298d03078e3b8bd783982e87d.jpg

David