Wing Sung's Lamy Safari clone

day

During a recent browsing on aliexpress I accidentally found (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970462644.html) what looks to be a Wing Sung's version of Lamy Safari clone. This is not a Wing Sung 6359 (which is Al-Star's clone), but a completely plastic pen with a metal clip, and it has some interesting colors. Actually, seller's description of the pen doesn't mention that this is Wing Sung, and none of the store's pictures of the pen show any branding, but some of the users' pictures in the review section show that 'Wingsung' is engraved on the barrel. I couldn't find any reviews or information about this pen.

Did you encounter this pen and have some  info about it? I would like to at least find out it's full name (probably Wing Sung <some number>).

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• day

• OCArt

• Mech-for-i

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Various Chinese Safari clones have been around for a while. I've got a couple and find they are OK.  They can take a Lamy nib with a bit of adjustment by slightly closing the gap on the sides of the nib.

Wing Sung 6359 seems to be the number used for several varieties metal and plastic.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

As far as I know, while there are a many variations of Wing Sung 6359 clones which look similar to the original, there is only one model of Wing Sung 6359 (the model comes in different colors, but everything else is identical). Only the original one is branded, all it's clones are not. Also, while the original is quite good (I have a couple of branded 6359s) those clones are almost always much worse. In general, I noticed that popular Chinese pens (either original ones or clones of non-Chinese models) often have their *own* (very inferior) clones, but while it is apparently OK to clone the look of the pen in China, branding is not cloned (at least when it is a local brand), so when you do get a branded pen - you can be fairly certain that it is not a fake.

Pens from the link above are branded, and they are definitely not 6359, so it must be a new model. And in that case it is interesting to know it's exact name, either to search for it's reviews, or to locate sellers that have it.

Wing Sung the brand is licensed to many , including Shanghai JL which give us the 601 , then there are odd beat models that are distributed and manufactured by Jinhao , OEM from Green Stationary Shanghai , and then there is WSE license issued to Paili, which is where all the current Wing Sung ( branded ) Safari clone come to be and their off shoots, like 3008, 3009, and then the Vac fill 3013 , pretty much any Wing Sung with a model number something 3XXX its from Paili ... and AFAIK, all the Safari clone model had Wing Sung stamped on the barrel the same fashion Lamy had on the Safari, pretty large and hard to miss , and AFAIK, the current model they had is the 3000 ( which include sub model 3000A-1 , and 3000A-3 , just different finishing )

Those 6359 , AFAIK, was not of Paili's making, it was from Jinhao , and no longer distributed by Jinhao since Jinhao had their own anyway ( but check next paragraph ) - all of Jinhao's Wing Sung licensed model had a model number 6XXX ; and some earlier one share model number of 6XX with Green Stationary and now no longer used as the 6XX model range is now exclusive to Shanghai JL , there are some 6XX/6XXX model made by Jinhao, Paili, Green Stationary and others that are OEM for WSE and distributed by WSE themselves

I do occasionally still find stock of older ones when the model naming were not so well defined so there might be some still around and prop up here and there ... and for a side note, I do know all of the previously mentioned Mfr also offer any of these Safari clone / variants to their ( in bulk distribution , and usually retail channel ) customers in un-branded form or branded form but with a different, usually off the list set of model number indicative of such distribution ( say I've seen a model 1129 Safari clone  but it was spelled Wingsung 1129 , not Wing Sung 1129 )