Cross Warranty Question

Talisheek

I have a Cross Bailey that I carry at work.  The finish has stared to peel off.  I am not sure what caused it.  Is this something that they would usually cover under warranty?

Thanks,

Jim

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talisheek

• JonDoh

• max dog

• AL01

Peeling finish sounds like a defect in the material or process rather than the result of normal wear.  I think they would cover it under warranty.  I find they are usually very good with  taking care of their customers.  You can always call their repair center in Rhode Island.

Send them an email explaining the issue.

In my experience, the folks at Cross just replace the item, but as always, YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a form you fill out online and they charge you a "handling" fee.  But, yes, they'll send you a new pen once you pay the fee and send the old one in.

It's not what you look at, but what you see when you look.

Henry David Thoreau

On 1/8/2021 at 9:32 PM, JonDoh said:

There's a form you fill out online and they charge you a "handling" fee.  But, yes, they'll send you a new pen once you pay the fee and send the old one in.

A new pen in exchange for a faulty pen and a handling fee is a vey good service. There are other brands that don't want to take in a pen for paying service saying that it was bought from a store outside the geographic area of their sales franchise.😒

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Cross pen serviced once. It was painless. Go for it!

I have been trying to get a Lamy serviced for over a year and I cannot even verify where to send it. Lamy New York told me who to contact but it was invalid contact information. My next pen will not be a Lamy, been thinking about buying another cross 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

My father gave me his black Century pen and pencil set many years ago. I don’t know how I did it, but the pencil wouldn’t advance the lead any more. I downloaded and filled out the form and checked the box that said the item had sentimental value to me and sent in the form along with the required payment. A few weeks later I got the pencil back , unrepairable, along with a brand new one. This was a few years ago and the Canadian service center but great service and I would deal with them again.

• 2 weeks later...

I received a package from Cross today with a note saying they either repaired or replaced my pen.  I suspect it is a replacement, but I am not sure.   It looks like it did when brand new.   I am very happy.