What Chinese Pens are you Waiting for in the Mail?

NumberSix

On 3/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, mke said:

@Jorge

> A Jinhao 85 in its new all steel/ flighter version

Where did you get that?

edit: Found it on Ebay.

I got my Jinhao 85 all steel flighter version from Aliexpress !

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bikerchick

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

• Helen350

• NumberSix

On 5/20/2021 at 1:46 AM, A Smug Dill said:

Not very much at all.

I should have done some research on the pen model before ordering (so many of) it. Then I would have known its ink reservoir is a non-removable sac fused with the core of the gripping section. Not that it would be a huge issue with pens each dedicated to a particular ink; but flushing and cleaning (with diluted detergent and then just water) the nib, feed and insides of the pen initially and then trying to dry them completely before use is time-consuming. Trying to fill the sac to near maximum capacity, relying on squeezing the sac, is difficult. Now that I'd abandoned the (iron-gall ink performance) experiment for which I wanted these pens, they aren't really worth the trouble. I filled three of them with other inks, and one of those three turned out to have a wobbly nib; trying to extract all the ink back out of the sac so as not to waste was impossible without cutting open the end of the sac and drawing the ink out with a syringe.

I would have been better off just buying Jinhao 51A pens with hooded nibs, which don't cost that much more with its (average) unit price; the real ‘saving’ that drew me to buying these 10-packs of Hero pens is that I don't have to pay incremental shipping charges per pen, now that ‘free’ shipping from China is rarer and, when it is offered, just means the postage for a single pen has been priced into the unit price, so buying multiple at once may actually be a disadvantage to the shopper.

Edit:

Your post prompted me to give the pen model another chance. I took a new one from the batch I cleaned last week, and filled it with Platinum Carbon Black. Ended up with ink all over my table and fingers, but (because of the mess) I couldn't spot an obvious leak. Ink flow was inconsistent, and thus the line width was too. Writing with the nib didn't feel scratchy, but I could see it was picking up fibres from time to time. Then, after maybe half a page's worth of short scribbles, the nib and feed started becoming wobbly. Obviously I didn't try to flex the nib, but as I'm wont to do with any pen I tried different angles and frequently changed the amount of pressure put on the nib, to see what effects I can get. It didn't take long for the tines to become misaligned (and then the nib was really scratchy). I squeeze the ink out of the sac as best I could without snipping the end of the sac off, so not to waste even more of the precious ink, and then off into the rubbish bin the pen went. I really should just send the remainder of the 20 pens to the same place now.

Well the Hero 329 it's not a good pen in fact it is horrible  i have about 30 years experience with chinese fountain pens and i always kept the distance from this pen a better choice would been Hero 616 or Hero 329-2 steel cap ct , that pen it's at least a decent pen , but don't aspect Parker 51 performance level the pen it is the same level like Jin Hao 51A .

Ionut - Marius

31 minutes ago, Stefan-Ionut-Marius said:

I got my Jinhao 85 all steel flighter version from Aliexpress !

I bought two at Aliexpress and they are both not worth the money.

One pen has a mislasered cap band and both pens have a poorly aligned nib-feed combination.

Totally different from the red/blue/black versions which are extremely well-manufactured.

35 minutes ago, mke said:

I bought two at Aliexpress and they are both not worth the money.

One pen has a mislasered cap band and both pens have a poorly aligned nib-feed combination.

Totally different from the red/blue/black versions which are extremely well-manufactured.

Well my Jin Hao 85 all steel  writes very well and it has no aesthetic problems ! 

But I encountered aesthetic problems at Wing Sung 601 and Wing Sung 601 conical In stainless steel, it had the blind caps crooked both pens, purchased from the same seller on ebay ! :(

Ionut - Marius

I have the following pens on my way to me : Hero 616+ ( black) , Hero 616 S (Black) , Youth 815 Flighter , Wing Sung 601A (conical) CT , Wing Sung 612 ( burgundy red) , MoonMan F9 Steel .

Ionut - Marius

On 6/1/2021 at 3:45 PM, Stefan-Ionut-Marius said:

I have the following pens on my way to me : Hero 616+ ( black) , Hero 616 S (Black) , Youth 815 Flighter , Wing Sung 601A (conical) CT , Wing Sung 612 ( burgundy red) , MoonMan F9 Steel .

I just received my Hero 616+ and Wing Sung 612 earlier this week. The 612 needed some nib smoothing but my clumsy self managed to turn it into quite the lovely writer. I also have a 601A conical on the way.

What is a Hero 616 S? 

What is this money pit obsession hole I have fallen into? 

My other passion

8 hours ago, Bikerchick said:

What is a Hero 616 S?

There are two version of the 616 available, the S is the smaller version of them.

Just received : 

- moonman T1, one with the vintage brass colors and the grey version

- a Wingsun 699.

Tested the grey moonman which is prone to leaking unfortunately, will try again.

The brass version of the T1 looks really nice.

The Wingsun is really great out of the box, nice pen, smooth nib (medium) and the flow is good as well.

I just put a titanium Bock nib (F) on the feeder and it works like a charm!

I ended ordering 3 more (blue, brown and another clear one)!

Also ordered a Tramol 328 pen which looks like a small version of the Opus88... (looks like a nib 5 size) and a Picasso 916.

Some pics:

Moonman T1:

image.png.556cd6c4718ac427354466d314feb930.png

Wingsun 699:

image.png.e31e4cdb66603da51043f043308c7434.png

Tramol 328:

image.png.07cefc8ebd2031890bb3b68082daa842.png

Picasso 916:

image.png.330bb16f0bc19d2d87fb2a23a8d8ee15.png

Check out my website about Photography and Ink-making: WWW.LOKE.BE

Just checked the tracking on my Hero 100 from ebay. Shipped on May 26, and it's now at my regional distribution center. Usually that means it will be out for deliver the next business day. 

May 26 to Monday, June 7 is about 12 calendar days. Not too shabby for free shipping. Now we keep fingers crossed the pen's not a dud. 

On 6/6/2021 at 2:50 AM, mke said:

There are two version of the 616 available, the S is the smaller version of them.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:41 PM, Bikerchick said:

I just received my Hero 616+ and Wing Sung 612 earlier this week. The 612 needed some nib smoothing but my clumsy self managed to turn it into quite the lovely writer. I also have a 601A conical on the way.

What is a Hero 616 S? 

Hero 616 S it is the new version 2021 of Hero 616 !

Mech-for-i posted a picture with this pen on 17-12-2020 .

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/356425-so-what-new-pens-are-there-during-the-hiatus/page/2/#comments

Ionut - Marius

On 6/1/2021 at 9:33 PM, Stefan-Ionut-Marius said:

Well my Jin Hao 85 all steel  writes very well and it has no aesthetic problems ! 

But I encountered aesthetic problems at Wing Sung 601 and Wing Sung 601 conical In stainless steel, it had the blind caps crooked both pens, purchased from the same seller on ebay ! :(

It's a sad news that my 601 flighter also have this problem.

Waiting for the LM Dialog Focus 3 Fountain Pen-Retractable (Silver) & Jinhao 777

My Hero 100 just arrived - extremely well-packed in bubble-wrap and a nice box with brochure. 13 days from China.

I took a chance on inking it without even flushing. Loaded up with Edelstein Tanzanite and wrote a full page in my journal. It's a nice wet but manageable medium. I think I may have gotten the real thing here. This nib does not feel like steel. And aside from a sweet spot issue, which is not uncommon with other hooded nibs, it's darn smooth. 

I will keep an eye out for the drying issue some have mentioned. 

It looks a lot like a 601 when capped. I think it might be a smidgeon lighter, though. I have owned - and liked - several 601s. None of their nibs wrote this smoothly. 

• 2 weeks later...

My Jinhao 777s arrived.  Came with F nibs, which write more like a fine/med.  Required

just a bit of nib smoothing, otherwise a decent nib for the price.   Looks like the Lamy

Safari, but not the same quality pen.  Still waiting for the LM Dialogue Focus 3 (gone

thru customs), and a Jinhao 100 Centennial - pink resin (has not left China).

My LM Focus 3 arrived today.  Inked with some Chesterfield ink, and currently trying it out.

Will require a bit of nib smoothing.   Like the retractable nib.

WIN_20210622_20_53_35_Pro.jpg

I want the Jinhao 85 Flighter but I really do not like the arrow clip , so I order a Thebai brand OEM version with plain pointed clip

The vast majority of the pens I was expecting have came into my possession Hero 616+ ( black) , Hero 616 S (Black) , Wing Sung 601A (conical) CT , Wing Sung 612 ( burgundy red) , MoonMan F9 Steel ! :) 

IMG_20210630_151222279.jpg

IMG_20210630_151450243.jpg

IMG_20210630_151641603.jpg

IMG_20210630_151803608.jpg

IMG_20210630_152015332~3.jpg

Ionut - Marius

My jinhao x450 and x750 arrived today ... my first 2$ chinese fp .. and I am impressed..  i just can't believe how they can provide this finish and materials (converter included) at that price. Both are really smooth writers, maybe I was lucky but they were perfect out of the box