Eversharp Skyline cap disassembly

cherrymerry

How to disassemble Eversharp Skyline cap? I searched the forum and found some old topics, but with the videos and links gone. 

16091568182711264894628794641188.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cherrymerry

• makas

• joss

• FPfanatic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it is not really necessary, I would not take these parts further apart. The short part of the 'over-the-top' clip has two tiny tabs at the end, clamping the bottom of the clip onto the washer ring. The tabs are extremely fragile and bending them frequently results in breaking them and then your clip becomes useless.

Swagging the washer ring and/or the dome can eventually release the tabs but also this procedure is not without risk because there is not much movement/swagging of the different parts possible.

Thanks for reply. I thought that it's deconstructable without any damage to parts. The inner clip covered with corrosion products like stone with moss. Is there a safe way to remove (and may be to protect for later) this corrosion products?

I see. You could try removing corrosion spots with a toothbrush, eventually add a bit of polishing paste to the brush. But obviously you can only access the visible part of the inner clip.

I have danced a couple of dances with the Skyline cap. I remember a lot of frustration at even trying to picture how the various parts manage to fit together. You'll need patience and have to hold your mouth a certain way to get it back together. Good luck.

If you can get the Pen Repair book by Marshall and Oldfield it has info in it. That isn’t a fun repair but you can make it happen. Most of the time you find pens with broken barrels and caps aren’t the biggest problem. I will see if I have any around that are apart and will get some pictures if I do.

Good luck 

mark

11 hours ago, makas said:

Pen Repair book by Marshall and Oldfield

I googled a bit and found no scans, just previews. Does it exist as ebook?

I have only seen the paper book and sorry but I didn’t find any caps yet but I know I have one or two. If I find them I will post a picture.

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to find the cap. You can see the two tabs near the end of the clip that need to be bent up and the barbs on the hook part of the clip need to clear the ring. The one I have apart has a plated crown but they are the same. It can be done but the time it takes is the biggest issue. I hope this helps.

Mark

FFE5451B-1ACE-4EEE-B6A8-2D6A0CB44020.jpeg

• 1 year later...

20220304_141215.thumb.jpg.c637a1efd4ab51307d864f03bc7eedd3.jpgI have searched for information regarding the Eversharp Skyline cap as well. I was able to completely disassemble the dome section somewhat easily and can expound if requested,  however I am searching for information as to removing the liner of a gold plated skyline cap. I have one with some dings and dents I want to burnish out but trying to do so with liner in place is an exercise in futility! I have soaked, heated, heated and soaked in ultrasonic cleaner but no luck. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.