Taccia Tsuchi Review: Wheat farm... ?

Dimy

Introduction and Elephant in the room

First paragraph same as Taccia cha so ignore if aware (info on bottle if interested).

First let me take a moment to address the elephant in the room, box and bottle. Bottle has big mouth for any pens is no issues with filling, but then when ink is low might not be easy to get last drops of ink...I can’t be sure cos I cannot see any mechanism to help here..still a nice bottle overall. Box is not paper like most inks (not 100% at least) it sure does not feel like one, more durable and stronger with inside fins designed to keep ink from moving around and requires some effort to open as the top acts like a lock (its not hard just not too easy either basically the box does what box should do protect the ink)...not bad considering my waterman came out of box during shipping.

IMG_20201224_234839.jpg.2b4c2b49965b0ab3c8c97d5dc4f8f7bc.jpg

Gotta love the warning labels, only for writing purpose...makes me want to draw always, and this one is quite good for that.

IMG_20201224_234650.jpg.b2ea8b477db7d1f9cb13f27bd0db8558.jpg

Ink Review Section

test papers

100 GSM JK cedar

75 GSM Spectra copy paper

52 and 57 GSM classmate registers. (52 GSM showed dot bleed)

70 and 80GSM Nightingale papers

Cheap random registers and papers. GSM is well suspense at best, most likely 40 ish.

Nature of ink

1736846289_Testpg1ED.jpg.23085b0c1647512f876fd266ff290f86.jpg

the colors are off here and they are lighter in real life, my pea shooter camera is unable to pick it, close up shots will be added for actual color reference.

1866147923_LinevariationED.jpg.f36ce8fcb9803b9ba8677cbe8d73f16a.jpg

A close up with better look at color, golden here is quite visible and is quite accurate.

Dry Time- 8 to 25 sec on some papers, not 20 sec had to clear this one.

Saturation- good

Bleed- very slight on cheap papers and dot bleeds on 52 GSM classmate

1019568386_Bleedcombine.jpg.cf96bbee49942273b49bc751c9e9fb67.jpg

A decent bleed when closed in, done on 52 GSM classmate paper. Its not as bad as pic might make it seem, entire 'S' and 'C' for reference is ghosting and bleed is only considerable on 'T' and 'H' corners where first line of 'H' is again ghosting. This is also area where shade is high, more on this later.

Feathering- very slight wool-ish on papers with high absorbent nature, present on shade area.

Smudges-none at least by finger.

Lubrication-great

Ghosting (show-through)- none on most papers apart from cheap guys....and where it bled...

Flow- good.

Wet/Dry- Its balanced ink but very close to wet nature so much so that it might feel wet to some, mostly due to shading points where ink is present on page more then usual.

Shading- quite high.

1143806742_ShadingED.jpg.056e6f20b9a3243f5e66c6d5b75b29ec.jpg

this pic also has better color visible for the ink. Shading is quite high here and its these parts that show any sign of bleed on real cheap papers.

Water resistance- none..

783846116_WaterresistanceED.jpg.fad8456127f15803fa838c89b350ac44.jpg

Cleaning- Easy clean with water.

Personal take on ink

I decided to separate this part as it varies from people to people and might not be interesting for some who just need quick info on ink, I intend to do same for any review I write, whenever I write. Anyway lets go.

The ink does show a very nice dark golden brown color to it and the addition of shading was very welcome for me. The test pen Lamy Safari sees no issue of flow or hard starts and I don’t think there will be any either seeing how ink behaves. The picture of wheat fields might be little too much as from what I remember wheat fields are more golden in sunlight, but depends on light really so they are sorta right....they do miss mark there.

Funny part aside, ink is really great and shows great golden color with lots of shading of dark brown color which is almost black making entire write up look different in good ways. The color I feel will be liked by most, its lighter then in pics abid by very small margin. No water resistance is a bummer but again taccia themselves say there is none so no big deal for me.

The bleed which I see is mostly on places where there is more ink deposit for shading that ink gives, this also means that a quick writing with no pen lift will give only golden color with no shades, not happens in real world so shade will be seen and even when speed is fallen the shades tends to give in, as seen in small write up below. Speed writing reduces the shade to some extent but do not eliminate them, all in all shade is high as seen on Fine nibs and will be visible on most cases.

515525414_Page2ED.jpg.3a023473102c2413447fa897440b7be6.jpg

I tried to write in continuous flow without lifting pen, made multi strokes on same line and slow speed due to not in habit of doing so made result look more or less same as normal😅

the upper paragraph show quite accurate color of ink when written on fast pace as done above.

Conclusion

I have not tried it yet but using flex nibs should give some beautiful results (my flex is currently filled with waterman serenity blue ink). All in all its very nice ink and I like it both for behaviour and color. Go ahead give it a go, you will like it for sure and costs of Rs 940 or 12-ish dollars plus shipping for 40ml.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dimy

• yazeh

• LizEF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, LizEF said:

Thanks for the review.  It looks like a very nice brown.

Thanks

it really is quite nice color and although it turned out to be different from Lie De The (as I said in your review of it that it might compare), I still feel some comparisons can be made, although shading will probably wipe any practical hopes of doing so.

9 hours ago, yazeh said:

Great job, Dimy. Reminds me of a lighter version of Noodler's Walnut :) 

Nice tractor ;)

Thanks yazeh.

I have never seen noodler walnut in real life but in pictures of it it looks quite pure brown, this one has golden shades which is all over the place but yes due to large shading it does gives such appearance.

A tractor trying its best to trough light on line variation😆

43 minutes ago, Dimy said:

Thanks yazeh.

I have never seen noodler walnut in real life but in pictures of it it looks quite pure brown, this one has golden shades which is all over the place but yes due to large shading it does gives such appearance.

Oh, then maybe it's closer to Noodler's Golden Brown..... :)

1 hour ago, yazeh said:

Oh, then maybe it's closer to Noodler's Golden Brown..... :)

that one does come close, this will be little darker then noodlers golden brown but yes golden brown will be quite correct to compare, this will shade with dark brown quite a lot though....its like mixing golden brown with walnut and getting bit more dark golden overall while shading areas like walnut (like in shading picture shows 'flow' and 'lubrication' has light hues which are golden and dark shades which are quite brown)......all comparisons done with pictures on net cos no ink with me,,,but one gets the idea......I hope,,,,😅

Its fun ink honestly.