• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gweimer1

• inkstainedruth

• corgicoupe

• Estycollector

There is a way to avoid that...

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

10 hours ago, gweimer1 said:

I lose WAY more than I win on eBay.  I sometimes refer to myself as the seller's friend.  There are so many pens out there, that everyone gets the one they want eventually.  There are few pens that make me froth at the mouth enough to forget the price, but it's been known to happen.

What would cause froth to form?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I lose WAY more than I win on eBay.  I sometimes refer to myself as the seller's friend.  There are so many pens out there, that everyone gets the one they want eventually.  There are few pens that make me froth at the mouth enough to forget the price, but it's been known to happen.

What would cause froth to form?

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

These are two examples made in Brazil. If I'm not mistaken, a CJ and another LJ.

They need a little affection. Their turn will come when the repair queue moves a little.

Regards

WP_20210120_18_10_47_Rich (2).jpg

WP_20210120_18_11_17_Rich (2).jpg

A white A101 might do it.

So is the A101 a rare model? I only found one on ebay after a quick search.

I see there's also a cartridge model that presumably would not be recommended. (at least my Waterman CF has a 3rd party converter available)

8 minutes ago, gweimer1 said:

Belo vermelho!

It was made in the late 1950s. The colors offered here in Brazil were very beautiful. I will look for some pictures of friends to give an idea of the color palette. These are mine, but they are neglected.

12 minutes ago, NumberSix said:

So is the A101 a rare model? I only found one on ebay after a quick search.

I see there's also a cartridge model that presumably would not be recommended. (at least my Waterman CF has a 3rd party converter available)

The A101 isn't really rare, and yes, there is the CA101 that uses cartridges.

It's the white one that I have only heard of one that exists....and guess who has it?  😎

5 hours ago, gweimer1 said:

The A101 isn't really rare, and yes, there is the CA101 that uses cartridges.

It's the white one that I have only heard of one that exists....and guess who has it?  😎

I’d guess me but I have two, one of each. 

I should add that one is horribly stained with red ink so don’t feel bad. 

6 minutes ago, FarmBoy said:

I’d guess me but I have two, one of each. 

And you would guess right.  If you ever want to part with the clean one, let me know.

For that matter...either one.  😎

40 minutes ago, FarmBoy said:

I should add that one is horribly stained with red ink so don’t feel bad. 

35 minutes ago, gweimer1 said:

And you would guess right.  If you ever want to part with the clean one, let me know.

For that matter...either one.  😎

Put it on eBay first, and I will shill bid for you. (For a 20% cut) He’s already admitted he will pay just about any price for one.😈

• 3 weeks later...

Currently have two inked, both J's. Copper with 1551 nib with Diamine Saddle Brown and a gray (Venus fine) inked with Edelstein Star Ruby. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Dubonnet Red LJ with Montblanc Encre du Desert. Just picked it up to use after about 10 days and perfect as always. It's a darker ink than I usually have in this pen, but I've enjoyed it more than I expected.

After a few weeks of other pens, I have an Esterbrook back in my pocket.  The nib is a really nice frosted 9460.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.